Premier Bar Bangrak manager arrested for selling alcohol on Buddha Day on Koh Samui

webfact

16 hours ago, premiersportsbar said:

Guys on behalf of Premier Sports Bar I would like to clarify exactly what happened as it may effect all alcohol licence holders.

the headline is misleading and inaccurate, I was not "busted" for selling alcohol on a Buddha day, this is rubbish and made up

i honoured all criteria regards the alcohol sales for this day, the police called in at 11.30pm and were happy to see us only selling soft drinks.

As part of the community we had opened our doors at 9pm to host our regular guests for the evenings schedule of football,  they come week in week out, so running the bar with little to no return was never going to be an issue for us.

after midnight the tourist police arrived and wanted to know why we were selling after midnight, now here's comes the bombshell  - ALL alcohol licenses only allow you to serve until midnight ( yep, even after owning a bar 9 years I was unaware of this) the only alcohol licenses that allow to stay open until 2am have to fall within what's classed as an entertainment zone and it's a special entertainment licence.

i hope this goes a long way to explain the truth behind this inaccurate article, we rely on the community to keep all our staff and management in payroll Samui times and their absent editor rely on advertisers for their payroll.

I can sympathise with you, having been in the business previously myself.

I think videoing the presence of the authorities, probably did not help matters, the running commentary on the filming will not have helped either, and probably riled them even more.

The B.I.B do like to stress to business owners, especially foreigners, that they rule the roost, and to challenge their authority in any way or form, can come with severe financial penalties.

22 hours ago, Get Real said:

When did I say that this was the only stupid person, or that this was the only place you could get alcohol. I know there are many people disregarding all that has to do with respect, rules and laws. They are all same stupid and disrespecful. Just don´t understand what you want me to enlighten. Maybe you want me to enlighten your stupid way of understanding a post. Sorry, can´t do that.

unless you have a complete inability to articulate yourself i understood your post correctly and you are talking nonsense

On ‎13‎/‎2‎/‎2560 at 7:09 AM, Get Real said:

It was widely known and many warnings out. Do not sell alcohol between certain times this specific day. He just had to break it. Right, he should pay the price!
I would rather say he don´t pay for selling beer, but he pay for being ignorant and stupid.

Probably not a good idea for you to walk into his bar now after that statement....

Archived