Lamborghini severed in half but driver unhurt in crash on palm tree

webfact

2 hours ago, Naam said:

please be lenient with Skeptic7! he is a vegetarian. owners of expensive cars are carnivorous. :cheesy:

Hahah!  Ok now I feel sorry for him.  I just had lunch with a lovely young lady from the UK.... in a Vegan restaurant.   

If I'm honest it really wasn't bad.  Delicious carrot cake for dessert.

Brocolli Revolution between Phrom Phong and Thonglor BTSs.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

This is not news and has been going on since at least the mid-90's. 

OK so you "doubt" he is in debt. Well that's worth zippo. And you 'know' 2 that are not in debt, for a total of allegedly...2...out of thousands annually.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL3N0RO1KF20141002

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/aec/30253844

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/expensive-living-thailand-now-has-highest-average-household-debt-nine-years/

https://www.ft.com/content/bb229c5c-e3e6-11e4-9a82-00144feab7de

Any more questions? 

All those links refer to average household debt.   They are not referring to the multi millionaires and billionaires who can afford supercars in Thailand.

The average household income in Bangkok is now 45,572 THB a month.    People living on that are not buying supercars, although they will (like all middle class people) be hammering their credit cards to have the latest phone, fashions, TV etc.

average-income.jpg

On 13/02/2017 at 6:51 PM, kevkev1888 said:

Police said  they are coordinating with the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration to assess the value of the palm tree after it was broken into two parts by the crash.

I should think the least of his worries, compared to the value of the borrowed Lambo. 

Cars don't lose control.  It's the idiot drivers.    He must have been doing a bit more than 60kmh to cause that sort of damage!

18 hours ago, tattoodrob said:

even if not drunk which at 3am is very unusual then he was obviously speeding to get airborne and so why should insurance give the owner a new car,the driver should give his friend a new car !!!

Sorry but insurance still pays if you break rules, some like drunk driving are excluded. Otherwise very few indeed will buy insurance. 

19 hours ago, seancbk said:

All those links refer to average household debt.   They are not referring to the multi millionaires and billionaires who can afford supercars in Thailand.

The average household income in Bangkok is now 45,572 THB a month.    People living on that are not buying supercars, although they will (like all middle class people) be hammering their credit cards to have the latest phone, fashions, TV etc.

average-income.jpg

I don't doubt that your friends paid cash for their cars. 

From some well known 'supercar dealer' in Bangkok I know first hand that most cars are indeed financed. 

He was surprised to hear that my car wasn't in finance (not a Lamborghini). 

23 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

I don't doubt that your friends paid cash for their cars. 

From some well known 'supercar dealer' in Bangkok I know first hand that most cars are indeed financed. 

He was surprised to hear that my car wasn't in finance (not a Lamborghini). 

People buy cars they can't afford all the time, same is true everywhere around the world.

But I think buyers of supercars such as ferrari/lambo are on a totally different class in Thailand, given that it cost 3x compare to the west, and if they finance payments are around or over half a million baht per month. So I think it safe to say majority of these folks are not in debt when they finance supercars. Financing a supercar for people in this category gives little indication of their wealth.

If you look at BMW and Benz, its another story, there are many folks on less than 100k salaries financing a BMW/Mercedes. These are the people that I feel can't afford it with their salaries, they are scrapping buy just to drive a nice car.

On 2/15/2017 at 9:44 AM, Skeptic7 said:

Most of these supercar "owners" are in debt so deep they never recover and ultimately these vehicles are repo'd. Debt fueled swagger until they realize the bill comes every month! :post-4641-1156693976:

I have friends who are car nuts and hang out with these groups of supercar owners. Most are definitely not in debt, as I have seen their car collection grow over the years.  You based your statements on news articles that talk about average household debt, these supercar owners are not average folks to begin with. 

If you want to get to know some of them, just show up at Starbucks Marketplace Thonglor 7-8am on Sundays. They usually gather there for coffee and chit chats - these are mostly the ferrari and lambo folks. Another group is the Renn Drive group, they are a very tight knit bunch who are mostly porsche aficionados.

There is also another group which are mostly audi/vw that meets around CDC area. They are abit younger, mostly in 20s and 30s. But many of those folks own / work in successful businesses as well.

Starbucks at Thonglor has been a weekly meet and greet for many years. CDC parking lot is a common meeting point for midnight runs on the express way towards the airport.. 

Look at Nagaoka or Connection Club besides Renndrive. They have some real crazy cars - Renndrive is mostly Porsche as you pointed out. 

Some of the members have some really nice and classy 964's or 993 turbos. 

21 hours ago, Naam said:
On 2/15/2017 at 3:43 PM, seancbk said:

I just had lunch with a lovely young lady from the UK.... in a Vegan restaurant.   

that means no blowjob tonight! :sad:

She's attractive and a pleasure to be around, but she lives in the UK.  She isn't interested in living here and I certainly have no interest (at the moment) in moving to the UK.

And I don't bother chasing after and having sex these with anyone unless I think there is a chance of it becoming a real long term relationship.