Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

3. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

4. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

5. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

6. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

7. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

9. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

10. 563

White Culture

11. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

12. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

13. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

14. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

Soi Dog founder Gill Dalley to be cremated in Phuket

snoop1130

Soi Dog founder Gill Dalley to be cremated in Phuket

Phuket Gazette

1_2017214162956363_HjSmUjzYvunjoNroRGVZv

PHUKET:-- The body of Gill Dalley, long-time Phuket expat and co-founder of the Soi Dog Foundation, will remain at her family home in Laguna until Saturday. 

Friends and family are welcome to pay their respects today, Thursday and Friday between 7pm-9:30pm. 

On Saturday morning, the house will be open again from 10am for a short prayer ceremony, before Ms Dalley’s body is taken to Wat Cherngtalay at noon. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Soi-Dog-founder-Gill-Dalley-be-cremated/66262?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-2-14

She was the type of expat who made a difference, leaving the world and the people around her in a better condition. Thailand has lost someone who made a difference, who cared. Unfortunately, many of the local officials were too busy  looking out for themselves and not for the welfare of their community and oh how they resented someone who did so much with so little.

I hope that some of the  foreigners in Thailand who care, step up and  help out. Even better would be if some of Thailand's wealthy elites to take on the responsibility of  foreign funded soi dog.

RIP dear and noble lady. If there is a heaven, you will be greeted by loving puppies and kittens full of love for you.

30 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Better to help kids or old people than soi dogs, they are a public pest.

Ok, you go do that. Unfortunately, nasty people like you do not. You talk a lot but you do nothing.

The people who donate and volunteer at soidoig are also the same people who support many of the other charitable  organizations in Thailand. I know, because I have seen them at the  the events for the orphans, for the child vaccination programs and for the  educational scholarship and bursary events.

You are  clueless as to what soidog does and the contribution to society she made. Soidog spay and sterilize the animals thereby addressing the population problems because selfish people like you don't care.  They take abandoned animals and rehome them.This is not the thread for you to come along and give us a dose of your antisocial selfishness. The deceased  sacrificed so much to make the community a better place. You have no idea as to all that she did, including her kindness and assistance to others. You are are a horrible, horrible person to post such a disrespectful comment. I hope one day to have the pleasure of seeing you after a medical crisis where you require my assistance so I can say that I have dog hair on me and that  it is best that I respect your dislike of dogs.

When little kids and adults get bitten by Soi Dogs, can we sue the Soi Dog Foundation and its contributirs and also the rest of the dog-lover groups and activists? I am all ok for responsible people keeping dogs as pets but as far as feeding these stray dogs and even having a charity and foundation to take care of soi dogs.....i really think that there should be priorities. There are more needy children upcountry that needs assistance and help.

Simple solution to Soi Dogs problems is to round them up and lethally inject them or simply send them to Vietnam or China. But wasting money to feed and spay these things?

Edited by Canceraid

7 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

This wonderful, loving lady was an amimal lover and

this was "Her Calling". Others help children and the

elderly. 

Yes many silly  old ladies with 50 cats in their homes have a 'calling' as well, just makes life unpleasant for the neighbors. I would gladly give to a local soi dog foundation every month- if they were going around collecting and putting them to sleep, which is the only answer to the problem

10 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Ok, you go do that. Unfortunately, nasty people like you do not. You talk a lot but you do nothing.

The people who donate and volunteer at soidoig are also the same people who support many of the other charitable  organizations in Thailand. I know, because I have seen them at the  the events for the orphans, for the child vaccination programs and for the  educational scholarship and bursary events.

You are  clueless as to what soidog does and the contribution to society she made. Soidog spay and sterilize the animals thereby addressing the population problems because selfish people like you don't care.  They take abandoned animals and rehome them.This is not the thread for you to come along and give us a dose of your antisocial selfishness. The deceased  sacrificed so much to make the community a better place. You have no idea as to all that she did, including her kindness and assistance to others. You are are a horrible, horrible person to post such a disrespectful comment. I hope one day to have the pleasure of seeing you after a medical crisis where you require my assistance so I can say that I have dog hair on me and that  it is best that I respect your dislike of dogs.

Depressing that this thread about her cremation service has been invaded by a couple of posters who prefer to rant about their hatred of soi dogs :bah:.