Anti-Corruption agency, Phuket Gov lock horns over corruption

webfact

Breaking: Anti-Corruption agency, Phuket Gov lock horns over corruption

Phuket Gazette

pkt1.jpeg         

Gov Chokchai set up a committee to look into each allegation. Photo: Phuket PR

PHUKET: -- The Phuket Governor has denied accepting bribes and urgently ordered officers to investigate corruption allegations made by the Anti-Corruption Organization of Thailand in a Facebook post yesterday. 

“I have never accepted tea money, or ordered any of my officers to do so, from any business – legal or illegal,” said Gov Chokchai Dejamornthan. 

The governor set up a committee to look into each allegation at a meeting held at 2pm at Provincial Hall today.

“We will contact the person who posted this information to provide us with proof and more details. Everything will be done in a fair and transparent manner. If there is any truth to this, the person(s) responsible will face the full force of the law,” said Gov Chokchai.

Additionally, the governor launched a campaign named ‘White Phuket’ and invited the public to file any evidence directly Provincial Hall. 

The Facebook post that started all this was created by Dr Mana Nimitmongkol, secretary-general of the Anti-Corruption Organization of Thailand, with a photo of Laem Promthep accompanying it. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Breaking-AntiCorruption-agency-Phuket-Gov-lock-horns/66264?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-02-15

I believe him. Tea money is a 'consideration' of ‎฿200.- or so, that would be an insult.

For sure he never ordered his minions to accept bribes, why should he?

Good idea to set up your own committee to investigate yourself, I wouldn't have thought of that.

"Dr Mana alleged corruption in 12 major sectors of the government, namely local police; tourist police; immigration police; Border Patrol Police; the Crime Suppression Division; the Investigation Division of the Provincial Police; Investigation Division of Police Region 5; Region 8 Police; the office to combat human trafficking; the Employment Office; local municipalities; and the Phuket governor himself."

There arn't many sectors of government who were not named in the alleged corruption.  

I look forward to all these agencies being cleaned out, transgressors charged and punished, and peace and harmony descending on the Kingdom

15 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

"Dr Mana alleged corruption in 12 major sectors of the government, namely local police; tourist police; immigration police; Border Patrol Police; the Crime Suppression Division; the Investigation Division of the Provincial Police; Investigation Division of Police Region 5; Region 8 Police; the office to combat human trafficking; the Employment Office; local municipalities; and the Phuket governor himself."

There arn't many sectors of government who were not named in the alleged corruption.  

I look forward to all these agencies being cleaned out, transgressors charged and punished, and peace and harmony descending on the Kingdom

Is the Governor the only person in Phuket that doesn't accept that this practice goes on?

Maybe he'll have a big surprise next time he checks his bank balance or turns his mattress!

8 hours ago, cooked said:

I believe him. Tea money is a 'consideration' of ‎฿200.- or so, that would be an insult.

For sure he never ordered his minions to accept bribes, why should he?

Good idea to set up your own committee to investigate yourself, I wouldn't have thought of that.

A good defense is a good offence. Its called a fire extinguisher defense. 

Edited by elgordo38

9 hours ago, webfact said:

“I have never accepted tea money, or ordered any of my officers to do so, from any business – legal or illegal,” said Gov Chokchai Dejamornthan. 

HO.  HO.  HO.

Could this 'possibly' be true................. TIT

Dar Phuket Prison

I will be coming over with 1000 of my friends to do a surprise check of the prison and a random drug search of 1500 of your guests at 5:30am. Please have everything cleaned up and ready for the White Prison certification ceremony. 

1 hour ago, rockderk said:

Dar Phuket Prison

I will be coming over with 1000 of my friends to do a surprise check of the prison and a random drug search of 1500 of your guests at 5:30am. Please have everything cleaned up and ready for the White Prison certification ceremony. 

Maintenance of law and order in the prison is one of the few success stories IMHO. There are often random searches and drug testing and they have a good record.

The prison Gov is seen as progressive, proactive and well regarded for his efforts in running a vastly overcrowded facility. He actually supports rehabilitation through education and vocational skills.

Edited by Psimbo

On 2/15/2017 at 9:11 AM, Old Croc said:

He left out the Land Tittle Office.