Khon Kaen to Bangkok Bus Info

brotherother

Hi

I'm considering traveling from Khon Kaen to Bangkok by bus and was hoping someone could provide me with some reliable information regarding this particular trip.

I plan to leave around mid morning time, preferably from Ban Phai, around 40km south of the city itself (I believe this is a regular pickup point).

Thanks for any help (This may of course have more luck in one of the local forums.)

11 hours ago, brotherother said:

Thanks for any help (This may of course have more luck in one of the local forums.)

I leave a link in the Travel forum and move it to the Isaan forum.

Can't help about stop in Ban Phai.

From Khon Kaen, Nakhonchaiair leaves 6:30h and arrives 12:15h to give an idea.

A number of bus company's near to the bus station ( Banphai ) on the 7 / 11 side.

Nakhonchaiair - I think you have  to go to the highway for the bus and to the booking office.

You can book for on the day or in advance.

Seats upstairs and downstairs, remember which side is the sun if you get a window seat.

You get provided with a simple meal and snacks.

Return fare is about 680.

Some buses have power supply if you want to use laptop / phone.

Some buses may stop at the old airport in Bangkok, ( taxi ) depends where you are heading once in Bangkok.

The buses normally nowadays normally dont stop for a "pit-stop" en-route.   The toilets on the buses are generally  ..........

Seating upstairs has a single seat on front left and double on right, you may be able to book a specific seat.

Travel time can vary from 6 - 8 hours.

If you are returning to Banphai BE WARNED sometimes the bus stops on the highway i.e. does not come in to Banphai.  Happens for Thai and falang passengers.    Mainly if the bus is arriving early evening.   It may not stop at all if you are the only person hoping to get off at Banphai, ensure you know where you are on the highway and remind the driver.

A couple of times I used Roongprasert Transport Bangkok to Mahasarakham. They stopped in Ban Phai.  I never used it going the other way.  Go to the Baw-Khaw-saw (bus terminal) and ask. These buses tend to run full, or close to it, so best to make an advance reservation in any case. They will call Sarakham, and tell them to leave an empty seat for you.