• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Army warns taxi, van drivers at Phuket Airport

webfact

Army warns taxi, van drivers at Phuket Airport

Eakkapop Thongtub

1487131652_1-org.jpg

A total of 45 officers, including soldiers from the Royal Thai Army, carried out a public inspection of Phuket Airport yesterday (Feb 14). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A contingent totalling 45 officers carried out a public inspection tour of Phuket International Airport yesterday (Feb 14), and warned public transport drivers, namely Phuket taxi and van drivers, to “follow the rules”.

The “task force”, led by Gen Santi Sakuntanak, commander of the 25th Infantry Regiment, comprised officers from Army Region 4 base in Nakhon Sri Thammarat, 41st Military Circle, the Royal Thai Navy Third Area Command, Phuket City Police, Phuket Tourist Police and the Phuket Land Transport Office.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/army-warns-taxi-van-drivers-at-phuket-airport-61028.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-02-15

A few visits going on at the moment- seems a shame to be forewarning of an operation though.

Its all very well conducting sweeps- the problem is that there's no back-fill once the military goes away again and things just return to normal.

Some things are actually far worse at the moment as people see that they can act with impunity once the military head back to barracks.

People welcomed the demise of Pian in Patong but its another place that has rapidly deteriorated over the past 5 years. At least he was proactive at times.

The new Mayor has proven herself to be insipid other than the rapid increase in building on her family land that was blocked during Pian's reign.  

She had no intentions of making Patong better- just feathering the family nest whilst in power.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A contingent totalling 45 officers carried out a public inspection tour of Phuket International Airport yesterday (Feb 14), and warned public transport drivers, namely Phuket taxi and van drivers, to “follow the rules”

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I was told earlier that drivers not wearing the official uniform yesterday were being fined 1000 baht. A number of drivers were fined for wearing jeans.

I don't know what the penalty was for not holding a valid licence but it does appear that here in Phuket the correct uniform is of more importance than being able to drive!

26 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I was told earlier that drivers not wearing the official uniform yesterday were being fined 1000 baht. A number of drivers were fined for wearing jeans.

I don't know what the penalty was for not holding a valid licence but it does appear that here in Phuket the correct uniform is of more importance than being able to drive!

Standard military thinking. We cant do anything properly but at least we look good failing the task.

4 hours ago, Psimbo said:

She had no intentions of making Patong better- just feathering the family nest whilst in power.

But that's exactly what the office of Mayor in Patong's municipalities has, and always will be about.

If you think it's bad now, just wait until Junior/BossHogg becomes the next mayor of Patong.

Edited by DrDave