Pattaya Press Taking Photos & Videos with Police - Why do you let them take your likeness?

TonyClifton

Do the local reporters overstep their bounds and authority?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pattaya seems to be unique when it comes to the local press taking embarrassing and inappropriate pictures of Pattaya's finest citizens.  I often wonder how these "reporters" are able to video and photograph people in the most inappropriate situations.  Do you all let them, or do the police protect them?  

Why don't you tell the press to *$**$$# OFF and slam the door in their face?  How does a reporter get the right to work into your home, or hotel without your permission?

16 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

How does a reporter get the right to work into your home, or hotel without your permission?

Because the police let them..best not to argue with someone wielding a gun

( unless you have a bigger one and are prepared for the consequences of using it)

On 2/16/2017 at 9:02 AM, johng said:

( unless you have a bigger one and are prepared for the consequences of using it)

People in this country, expat or citizens have rights.  The police need a search warrant to enter your home or condo and search.  If the police were at my door without a search warrant, I would not open it.  They would have to break down the door.

People in this country, expat or citizens have rights.  The police need a search warrant to enter your home or condo and search.  If the police were at my door without a search warrant, I would not open it.  They would have to break down the door.

since 22 May 2014 they dont need a search warrant and yes they will break down your door....you know the junta tore up the constitution and a new one is still being "mulled" over ?

11 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

Some of us might not know who is knocking on our door until we open it?

A couple of months ago I had the police with a squad of fully armed soldiers knocking on my door at 6AM..they where looking for a suspected drug dealer...they had a GPS location map that showed my apartment in our block as his location....turned out he lived on the floor below me, they ended up taking away a few Burmese labourers the drug dealer was caught latter at another location.

I don't think any of these retarded would take any photo of me or my house. He will feel pain even before trying, cops around or not. I might pay a fine, but I am sure that no photo of my things will be taken by these bonobos (sorry for bonobos).

On 2/16/2017 at 9:02 AM, johng said:

No gun but baaallls and money, usually enough to clear any situation.