Visa Agents - Why Should We Be Castigated For Using Them

scottiejohn

14 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Possibly.

Or... a guy who doesn't see conspiracies where none exist.

Here's a simple one... The woman that runs the coffee stand at the airport location is the wife of the head guy. 

Conflict of interest?  Incentive to make people wait around?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it not more logical to put issues with CM down to an icreased demand, and/or lack of resources, and/or piss poor management and/or it is not a top priority for government, etc, rather than corruption/conspiracy.

When I look at the spaghetti like electricity cabling, decision to change streets in Nimman one way,  gigantic pot holes in roads, crazy driving, TAT campaigns etc... I generally see incompetence rather than conspiracy.  The All Seeing E ye, Freemasons, Council of World Zionists or Xenu are clearly not pulling their weight in CM.  

8 minutes ago, LarryBird said:

Here's a simple one... The woman that runs the coffee stand at the airport location is the wife of the head guy. 

Conflict of interest?  Incentive to make people wait around?

Or something more sinister ...like provision of coffee.  

Just now, mamborobert said:

Why is it not more logical to put issues with CM down to an icreased demand, and/or lack of resources, and/or piss poor management and/or it is not a top priority for government, etc, rather than corruption/conspiracy.

When I look at the spaghetti like electricity cabling, decision to change streets in Nimman one way,  gigantic pot holes in roads, crazy driving, TAT campaigns etc... I generally see incompetence rather than conspiracy.  The All Seeing E ye, Freemasons, Council of World Zionists or Xenu are clearly not pulling their weight in CM.  

Here's a wild concept... Maybe you should ask a Thai.

Just now, mamborobert said:

You are more switched on than me.  I did not even realize that Thais would go to Imigration at Prom to get visas.

The point of a discussion forum is to learn and get new ideas.. (Strange, right.)  You very much have the same opinion of things as someone who stepped off of the plane on day one.  It might do you some good to assume that some people might know a wheeee bit more than you.

For example...do you think it's incompetence that makes the powers that be choose the lousiest traffic lights, or is something else that might make more sense? 

59 minutes ago, mamborobert said:

Jeez,,,you are no fun.

With that sort of common sense, objectivity and, reasoning this thread would not have lasted a millisecond.

Mia culpa...  :smile:

A thread like this should never have started in the first place. But I guess there will always need to be someone who thinks the sky is falling.

39 minutes ago, LarryBird said:

Do you think the bidding for the space went to the highest bidder?

Maybe...just maybe, she wanted to work near her husband....or he suggested it would be a good spot because of the crowds visiting immigration. It takes quite some imagination to think that the entire CM immigration office is run purely for the benefit of a woman outside selling coffee, especially when there's a whole shopping mall on the same site. I seriously doubt that Promenada was deluged with requests from coffee shop owners desperate to set up shop there - have you seen how dead the place is? Why do you think immigration moved there in the first place? Could it perhaps be that they were offered an attractive deal, one they would never have been offered at Central Festival/Central Airport or any other successful mall in the city?

35 minutes ago, LarryBird said:

Look at any country with a lousy standard of living.  The common thread will always be corruption (on every level).  Or , in your eyes 'incompetence'. 

The only difference between corruption in our home countries and here is that more of us can afford to join in here. So yes, in a way, the lower standard of living, or lower wages at any rate, does mean that corruption is more prevalent - that's just simple economics.

8 hours ago, Mark123456 said:

Maybe...just maybe, she wanted to work near her husband....or he suggested it would be a good spot because of the crowds visiting immigration. It takes quite some imagination to think that the entire CM immigration office is run purely for the benefit of a woman outside selling coffee, especially when there's a whole shopping mall on the same site. I seriously doubt that Promenada was deluged with requests from coffee shop owners desperate to set up shop there - have you seen how dead the place is? Why do you think immigration moved there in the first place? Could it perhaps be that they were offered an attractive deal, one they would never have been offered at Central Festival/Central Airport or any other successful mall in the city?

The coffee stand in question was the one at the old location near the airport.  You know, the coffee stand that was never open early when you really wanted coffee while waiting in a queue, the coffee stand that had limited selection and high prices.   

By comparison, the coffee stands at Imm. Prom. are much, much better.  Open early when people are queueing.  Good selection of beverages besides coffee.  Some have food.  Reasonable prices.  Amazing what a little competition does.  

Sorry, my mistake. I still find it hard to believe that immigration officials are slowing everything down for the express purpose of encouraging people to spend more money at the coffee stall outside, especially if, as you say, it was never open when it was most needed.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

The coffee stand in question was the one at the old location near the airport.  You know, the coffee stand that was never open early when you really wanted coffee while waiting in a queue, the coffee stand that had limited selection and high prices.   

By comparison, the coffee stands at Imm. Prom. are much, much better.  Open early when people are queueing.  Good selection of beverages besides coffee.  Some have food.  Reasonable prices.  Amazing what a little competition does.  

Talking of competition.

I wonder what would happen if another immigration retiree wanted to set up his/her own agency?  1512039.gif

17 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

A thread like this should never have started in the first place. But I guess there will always need to be someone who thinks the sky is falling.

1. Why should this or any other post, for that matter, not have been started?

2. What is the relevance of the 'there will always need to be someone who thinks the sky is falling'?

3. When I started this Topic I stated quite clearly why;

‘In order to remove some of the ‘bickering’ and non relevant discussion regarding visa agents that is going on in the well intentioned ‘Immigration Promenada One Stop Service’ Topic I thought it might be worthwhile to discuss agents, Pros/Cons here, rather than on the main topic. Lets leave the ‘Immigration Promenada One Stop Service’ Topic for constructive and relevant info and discuss agents etc here.’

4. I have failed on point 3 above as the Promenada topic is still being overrun with visa agent/concession/corruption comments rather than being made on this topic.

Edited by scottiejohn

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

1. Why should this or any other post, for that matter, not have been started?

2. What is the relevance of the 'there will always need to be someone who thinks the sky is falling'?

3. When I started this Topic I stated quite clearly why;

‘In order to remove some of the ‘bickering’ and non relevant discussion regarding visa agents that is going on in the well intentioned ‘Immigration Promenada One Stop Service’ Topic I thought it might be worthwhile to discuss agents, Pros/Cons here, rather than on the main topic. Lets leave the ‘Immigration Promenada One Stop Service’ Topic for constructive and relevant info and discuss agents etc here.’

4. I have failed on point 3 above as the Promenada topic is still being overrun with visa agent/concession/corruption comments rather than being made on this topic.

Questions #1 and #2 are perhaps best answered with your statements #3 and #4.

Certainly not suggesting that there was anything 'wrong' with your post, only that it would be futile here in ThaiVisa.

35 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Questions #1 and #2 are perhaps best answered with your statements #3 and #4.

Certainly not suggesting that there was anything 'wrong' with your post, only that it would be futile here in ThaiVisa.

In some respects I agree with you!

If 'Posts' are futile why should we post anything?

Shut the forum down if you don't wish topics to be raised that you have made numerous responses to!

Why the sky comment?  I do not get it

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

In some respects I agree with you!

If 'Posts' are futile why should we post anything?

Shut the forum down if you don't wish topics to be raised that you have made numerous responses to!

Why the sky comment?  I do not get it

It's not a matter of 'what I wish.' Personally, I don't care what gets posted or by whom. I certainly wasn't telling anyone that they shouldn't post what they want.

I just think some topics are subject to the same comments again and again, with the same people saying the same thing. Posting these subjects and expecting different answers makes no sense to me. You may feel differently about it, and that's why the forum allows these same subjects to be posted.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

Oh come on -- many times, ThaiVisa is like visiting your elderly relatives on a Sunday afternoon and hearing the same stories again and again.

Good grief, Nancy!  You post that same thing every week!

Just kidding.  Keep up the good work. 

17 hours ago, Thailand said:

Talking of competition.

I wonder what would happen if another immigration retiree wanted to set up his/her own agency?  1512039.gif

I wonder what would happen if part of their salary was directly related to how many individuals they processed per day?

I have better things to do with my precious (and limited) time than waste it at a Thai immigration office. Been using agents for years.

If using an agent works for you, or doesnt, I don't care either way.

In a perfect world..., everyone has free choice. Unfortunately some choose to be critical of others who are simply exercising their free choice..., seemingly trying to 'guilt' those enacting their free choice. Unfortunately, Being critical of others free choices is an oft repeated pattern(especially on TV) by many with nothing else to fill their time in LOS. Spot the irony ?
Seriously...., who gives a rats toss bag what other people choose to do with their time and money ?
Some people obviously took 'retirement' as a cerebral suggestion..., and really need to take up macrame or building those little boats with matchsticks....., or some such. 

Edited by Sandy Freckle

6 hours ago, Flustered said:

If some people think this badly of people using agents, what do they think about people buying Elite Privilege?

Ah, thank you for bringing this up.  The Thai Elite Visa is a sanctioned, gov't approved visa option, available throughout the country.  It is not some back-door, hush-hush arrangement.  It's similar to the "special rush" options that our gov'ts charge for processing of replacement passports.   Nothing the matter with these programs or options.  They're openly offered on gov't websites.  Do you see Thai gov't websites listing the names of "approved visa agents"?  Nope.  

9 minutes ago, LessIsLess said:

Well yes, actually. The Immigration site has a link to "the Thailand Long Stay company"

Could you supply the URL for the page of the Thai Immigration website with a link to the "Thailand Long Stay Company".  I suspect what you saw was simply a google ad or something.

When you investigate the "Thailand Long Stay Company", they simply appear to be a visa agent with ties to King Power, which gives them the ability to squire their customers around Swampy since they can call upon the King Power personnel at the airport.