Heads up on new toyota dealer

madmax2

The newish toyota dealer near central festival shopping centre on the way into Phuket town and prison is not a member of the pearl toyota group but a independent dealer

Gave a us a much better deal than the salesman at pearl toyota for price and giveaways

Definitely worth getting a price if you are thinking about buying a new toyota 

Saved around 40k baht by buying from them instead of the opposition

Free commercial insurance, window tinting and a few other goodies

The opposition wanted me to sign a contract to purchase before they would ask the sales manager for any give aways or discounts, they had also installed new flooring in the rear passenger area of their van which they wanted a extra 20k baht for, there is nothing wrong with the factory installed floor covering which is free 

will be looking for another new vehicle later this year and will definitely get a quote from them

3 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Saved around 40k baht by buying from them instead of the opposition

Free commercial insurance, window tinting and a few other goodies

The opposition wanted me to sign a contract to purchase before they would ask the sales manager for any give aways or discounts, they had also installed new flooring in the rear passenger area of their van which they wanted a extra 20k baht for, there is nothing wrong with the factory installed floor covering which is free 

will be looking for another new vehicle later this year and will definitely get a quote from them

How many % from the car price?

Bought 3 Toyotas in Khok Kloi at the Toyota dealer there. Saved each time between 5-9%.

1 hour ago, schlog said:

How many % from the car price?

Bought 3 Toyotas in Khok Kloi at the Toyota dealer there. Saved each time between 5-9%.

I do not know mate, new cost quoted from pearl toyota for auto in white color which is 6k baht cheaper than silver grey was 1.272M baht  

From phuket town Toyota 1.256 m baht in silver grey, white would have cost1.250m baht

Plus toyota Phuket town gave free commercial vehicle insurance and window tinting

Will not know what the insurance is worth until it is licensed on yellow commercial bus plates and we get a policy copy 

2 hours ago, madmax2 said:

I do not know mate, new cost quoted from pearl toyota for auto in white color which is 6k baht cheaper than silver grey was 1.272M baht  

From phuket town Toyota 1.256 m baht in silver grey, white would have cost1.250m baht

Plus toyota Phuket town gave free commercial vehicle insurance and window tinting

Will not know what the insurance is worth until it is licensed on yellow commercial bus plates and we get a policy copy 

Thanks. Will check them for the next Toyota buy.

If you do not speak Thai one of the sales staff there speaks excellent English, i do not know his name but he would be the person to ask about supply of a vehicle, found him very honest and straight with the questions i asked him, unlike a lot of salespersons

Just Phone and tell them you want to speak to someone with good English language skills about purchasing a vehicle you should get him 

He speaks English like a Englishman the one i am talking about

Actually not so sure about this dealership anymore, paid and took delivery on 18/01 we  were guaranteed by the English speaking salesperson it would be licensed on yellow plates in 4 to a maximum of 6 weeks and paid the 25k baht license fee on the 18/01

We went in today to check licensing (5 weeks) because they informed us by phone it would not be licensed until the middle of next month

English speaking salesperson refuses to except responsibility for the late delivery because it was not his sale even though he made the agreement with us because another salesperson received the commission for the sale which he negotiated and refuses to discuss it further, except to say it was the army's fault

We actually discussed the current licensing problem with the salesperson at time of purchase and were told licensing would not be effected by the major mini bus accident in Bangkok which killed 25 people  

Also have not received the first class /comprehensive  insurance policy which they claim was posted to us after 5 weeks

Now tell us we should get the yellow bus plates on or before 10/03, just waiting to see if this is another broken promise

22 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Actually not so sure about this dealership anymore, paid and took delivery on 18/01 we  were guaranteed by the English speaking salesperson it would be licensed on yellow plates in 4 to a maximum of 6 weeks and paid the 25k baht license fee on the 18/01

We went in today to check licensing (5 weeks) because they informed us by phone it would not be licensed until the middle of next month

English speaking salesperson refuses to except responsibility for the late delivery because it was not his sale even though he made the agreement with us because another salesperson received the commission for the sale which he negotiated and refuses to discuss it further, except to say it was the army's fault

We actually discussed the current licensing problem with the salesperson at time of purchase and were told licensing would not be effected by the major mini bus accident in Bangkok which killed 25 people  

Also have not received the first class /comprehensive  insurance policy which they claim was posted to us after 5 weeks

Now tell us we should get the yellow bus plates on or before 10/03, just waiting to see if this is another broken promise

Don't know if your problem is specific to getting yellow plates (as opposed to private vehicle black plates), but car dealers are notorious for dragging their feet on obtaining plates because they can't get the plates until they pay the tax on the car. They like to hold on to the tax money as long as they possibly can.

37 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Don't know if your problem is specific to getting yellow plates (as opposed to private vehicle black plates), but car dealers are notorious for dragging their feet on obtaining plates because they can't get the plates until they pay the tax on the car. They like to hold on to the tax money as long as they possibly can.

Would not worry me with normal plates, but our son cannot work until he has yellow plates fitted to the bus, everything else has been done including getting his commercial driving license at Suratthani which we thought would  the holdup on him being able to operate the bus

I blame the English speaking salesperson who must be their sales manager because he approved the deal without asking for anyone elses authority to do so

As my wife said once they have your money they loose all interest in looking after you

We did received the comprehensive/ first class insurance today after my wife giving them a good bollocking yesterday about not receiving the policy 

Archived