Repair house gutters

edd

My gutter is starting to leak and I have asked for a quote from a local gutter man.

WOW does he know how to charge.

Can anyone recommend a repairer that does a good job at a realistic price.

I live on the dark side.

Thanks in advance.

Try do it yourself if you can.

Most other avenues will only cause disappointment and disbelief.

Locals are to used to ripping us off now days.

you will find it hard to find anyone consistently good,   at any thing other than lying about what they are capable of in regards to repair work on houses or condos,  in this town.

Can you get a tube of silicon and seal it up ?

As onemorechang says if possible do it yourself.

We have paid 3 different sets of workers to fix a problem with our gutters/valleys.

What a joke, 3 bloody clowns, !!oh yes i can do,  i do good job.

Stupid farang in wheelchair cannot get up there to see what we have not done.

Still have the same problem.

You don't mention what your gutters are made of or whether you are talking 1 or 2 story house?

I used these people to do both SS and UPVC gutters - 0822073182. The main contacts name on that no. is Pong. They did a thorough job on the install.

However not part of the initial job I asked them if they could fix a leak in an existing SS gutter but they did not have a ladder long enough to get up to it properly. Had that been part of the original job then I would hope that they would have come suitably prepared...........

You don't mention what your gutters are made of or whether you are talking 1 or 2 story house?

I used these people to do both SS and UPVC gutters - 0822073182. The main contacts name on that no. is Pong. They did a thorough job on the install.

However not part of the initial job I asked them if they could fiedex a leak in an existing SS gutter but they did not have a ladder long enough to get up to it properly. Had that been part of the original job then I would hope that they would have comett suitably prepared...........

They are Aluminium
I need about 6ft replaced
On a bungalow
At my age I don't do ladders.

The gutters around my bungalow are (I think) made of galvanized steel. Over the last few years several of the welds joining the sections of gutter have begun to leak. My handyman tried fixing these with a sealant of some sort but it didn’t last very long. Now he’s used a metallic adhesive tape to seal the gaps, though I’m not sure that will last very long either. I don’t know why these welded joints are coming apart, shoddy workmanship maybe? Whatever, just like the OP I’d like to get these sections of gutter rewelded. I was going to try a standard gutter installation company but by the sounds of things they’re not very interested.

Any other suggestions?

I think the welds (soldered) joints leak because of expansion / contraction of the guttering, the joint being the weakest point will give.

Had the same problem and the metallic adhesive tape over the joints solved the problem. The tape allows some flexibility between the sections.  Been good for a couple of years now.

SAM_0856.jpg

:smile: 

13 hours ago, Daffy D said:

I think the welds (soldered) joints leak because of expansion / contraction of the guttering, the joint being the weakest point will give.

Had the same problem and the metallic adhesive tape over the joints solved the problem. The tape allows some flexibility between the sections.  Been good for a couple of years now.

SAM_0856.jpg

:smile: 

Ah, that's encouraging, thanks. That's exactly what my handyman has done in his latest attempt to plug the leaks so maybe I'm being too pessimistic thinking that it will all fall apart as soon as the next rainy season starts.

Ah, that's encouraging, thanks. That's exactly what my handyman has done in his latest attempt to plug the leaks so maybe I'm being too pessimistic thinking that it will all fall apart as soon as the next rainy season starts.

Thanks everyone
First guy quoted
12500 b for a kock up job
He went
Second guy quoted
4500 to replace the full run with stainless
Guess who got the job.
Thanks again