30 Day Stamp Prior To Using Tourist Visa In Passport

I've read a couple of comments about this previously, but I thought I'd put it out for further discusssion.

I recently obtained a two-entry Tourist Visa. I plan to initially stay in Thailand for about 19 days and then leave for a 4-day trip to Macau. I will return directly to Thailand, stay for 60 days (or a little longer with an extension), travel to New Zealand for three weeks, and then return back to Thailand for as long as 45 days. I'd like to stay in TH for the entire 45-day period on the last leg of my trip w/o making a border run for a 30-day stamp.

My question: Have people been successful in obtaining a 30-day stamp without activating a a fresh TV on their passport? Can this be accomplished upon arrival by explaining it to TH Immigration and providing documentation of the travel outside of the country? Any advice on the best way to do this?

I've read a couple of comments about this previously, but I thought I'd put it out for further discusssion.

I recently obtained a two-entry Tourist Visa. I plan to initially stay in Thailand for about 19 days and then leave for a 4-day trip to Macau. I will return directly to Thailand, stay for 60 days (or a little longer with an extension), travel to New Zealand for three weeks, and then return back to Thailand for as long as 45 days. I'd like to stay in TH for the entire 45-day period on the last leg of my trip w/o making a border run for a 30-day stamp.

My question: Have people been successful in obtaining a 30-day stamp without activating a a fresh TV on their passport? Can this be accomplished upon arrival by explaining it to TH Immigration and providing documentation of the travel outside of the country? Any advice on the best way to do this?

Yes, its no problem if you tell them before they have stamped you in.

Cheers

Shouldn't be a problem if you ask immigrations nicely, but the officer may make you sign a brief statement in your passport that you declined to use your visa. Covers their butt in case somebody wants to complain later that they didn't receive their sixty-day entry stamp.

Do not write the visa number on your entry card. Talk to the officer politely before he gets a chance to even open your passport and say you do have a visa but want to "save your visa" for a later entry. Shouldn't be a problem unless you get real unlucky. I seriously doubt you will need to provide any travel documents either.

Didn't work for me at the Malaysian border, the officer didn't see the Visa but asked if I had one, stupidly I said "yes but didn't want to use it as I was only staying for 2 weeks on this occasion". He said if you have it you have to use it.

Report back how it works for you

Entry by air should be a better bet. And being proactive by explaining and asking politely is really the best way because they will notice anyway, and then it might look like you have hidden something, which you have.

I have done this myself. No problem at all.