Seven huge oil tanks found in the compound of Wat Dhammakaya

rooster59

Seven huge oil tanks found in the compound of Wat Dhammakaya

general2.jpg

Officials of the Department of Special Investigation on Friday impounded seven oil tanks of 20,000 litre each in the backyard of Wat Dhammakaya.

Acting on a tipoff about the suspicious presence of the seven oil tanks which were covered by plastic sheets, DSI officials rushed to the backyard of the temple to investigate.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/seven-huge-oil-tanks-found-compound-wat-dhammakaya/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-18

You have to look at Google Earth to appreciate how big this place is. The temple property plus the foundation property add up to around 2 square miles.

Any operation that big, and with such deep pockets, would have a lot of diesel backup power just for ordinary outages. Handy for sieges too.

The more I read and see about this country and the different madcap groups the more I realise that they must be all related to the Oozlum Bird. One day there will be a loud pop and the rest of mankind will be standing there wondering where the whole place has gone......which might be a starting point for finding this Abbot ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oozlum_bird

8 hours ago, SoFarAndNear said:

My guess is that these are for the backup power generators. 

They were prepared in case police shutdown the electricity.

No amount of oil will make up for the lack of water which can be turned off.

8 hours ago, Somebodee said:

My guess is the US will be invading shortly under false pretences.

If Trump read the news I would say maybe, but he only watches TV, and he's too busy tweeting back and forth with CNN to know where Thailand even is, or that it exists. He's more likely to bomb Iran or Mexico or China

10 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

You have to look at Google Earth to appreciate how big this place is. The temple property plus the foundation property add up to around 2 square miles.

Any operation that big, and with such deep pockets, would have a lot of diesel backup power just for ordinary outages. Handy for sieges too.

That's why they need 3500 police to suround the place

If Trump read the news I would say maybe, but he only watches TV, and he's too busy tweeting back and forth with CNN to know where Thailand even is, or that it exists.

If Trump read about this he would say something like, 'I didn't know there was any oil in Taiwan'. lol

I am not sure that this is the case here, but the illegal smuggling of fuel oil is often used by the insurgents in the Southern Thai provinces ais one method to raise funds for insurgents.

This is well known to the police as a method used in the past by insurgents.

Just for info to readers who might wonder what 'Oil Tanks' might be doing in a Temple compound area.

On 2/18/2017 at 7:24 PM, lvr181 said:

No amount of oil will make up for the lack of water which can be turned off.

You seem to be forgetting about the (allegedly) illegal water wells found on the property a few weeks back when this round of raids started.  Or maybe it was the last round of raids.  It's hard to keep track of them all.

Edited by impulse

On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Don Mega said:

I have a few gas bottles here, I hope the DSI don't rush here.

You'll be right as long as they are small and you dont live near the southern border. If so you may be charged with having bomb making equipment in your possession.