Bangkok police announce big fake designer clothing bust worth 300 million baht

rooster59

Bangkok police announce big fake designer clothing bust worth 300 million baht

fake.PNG

Image: Daily News

Police in the Sai Mai district of Bangkok announced a raid on a factory in the area that turned up fake designer clothing worth 300 million baht.

Following the issuing of a warrant the raid on the factory resulted in the arrest of 30 year old Phisit Kingjampa and Kanthapong Korakotsap, 34.

The Sai Mai station chief said that 11,000 items of pirated clothing were found along with more than 600,000 labels. The evidence along with sewing machines and cutting equipment was all displayed at the police station yesterday.

The factory was producing fake brands such as Gucci, Nike, Adidas and Polo among others.

Station chief Thanakorn Konkaew said that it was a big success in the fight against piracy as the whole set up was worth some 300 million baht.

Thai authorities have been under central government orders to clear up the trade in fake goods following complaints from the genuine manufacturers.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-18

So what happens to the clothing now?  Will they all be given to the poor and needy?  Or resold at an inflated price somewhere else....

No doubt the occupants of Sai Mai Police Station are now resplendent in Kevin Klein underpants, Fluit of the Room tee shirts and Addydas poloshirts.

At least it was better quality fake stuff made locally rather than that cheap imported rubbish from China. They are only helping to boost the Thai economy rather than rely on imports. The PM should be pleased with their initiative.

20 hours ago, zorro1 said:

Nice one. How about pantip Plaza? Has to be the biggest pc software counterfeit OP in the world

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Really ?  It definitely used to be in years gone by, but I thought by now everyone knows how to download their own counterfeit software free from Torrent sites.

the thai economy is run on counterfeit  goods, why don't they pop along to MBK  nah , thought not. i love my fake clothing he he,  my mate in the uk pays £20 for a Billabong t shirt, i pay £2 no one can tell me that a t shirt with a name on it is worth £20 no design costings in that at all.  the same with jeans, just a bloody pair of jeans with levis written on it.and if you notice when one puts a belt on, the name is covered anyway  duh !!

300 Million Baht business and they forgot to pay their bribes on time?

They brought it on themselves.

Additionally, anyone who believes these goods will be destroyed rather than resurfacing is seriously naive.

Edited by darksidedog

This is very serious. If my Calvin Klein undies turned out to fakes I would be devastated.

They cost 1400 baht a pair and I get marriage proposals every time I pick up my laundry. 

they just want to get into your pants!

Edited by Reigntax

Cant believe they have been selling fakes in all these stores.

I suppose next they will be advising that my 1,000 Baht Rollex is fake as well.

No, at that price it has to be genuine - mine was ThB250 and it is a fake.

Mind you, best watch I've owned, seven years and three batteries later still going strong...