Plywood shipping crates

sercoed

We are moving from Rayong back to Australia in September this year and wanted to ship a small quantity of household effects, maybe about 100 kilos. After checking the internet and prices I thought maybe someone in our neighborhood had some boxes left over from when they moved here that they would want to sell for a reasonable price. Thanks in anticipation. Eddie 

You will maybe find it easier and quicker to get one of the local 2nd hand wood places to make one.

Big thing to remember though are the rules on wood treatment before it can be allowed into Australia. Last time I dealt with that I had to witness and sign off on spraying heat treating etc.

It was not cheap for the company.

5 minutes ago, maxtwo said:

I shipped a model steam engine from uk to Australia in the end it was easy to let the shippers do the crate than the paper work for the wood I was going to use.

Yep, has to be approved spray and minimum bake temperature and time depending on thickness. Copies of spray and approval certs. Calibration records for the oven and instument(s) used for calibration. And anything else they can think of at the time.

New wood, from where? 2nd hand wood, history you try to think of it all and they will add one more, with a smile of course.

If it's 100kg stick it in cheap suitcases, or even well wrapped card boxes and take it as excess luggage. It'll be far cheaper, you won't have to deal with import issues and there won't be fumigation issues. I used to import containers of wood furniture (some of it palletized) to Canada and fumigation is a really big issue. Avoid if you can.

Edited by jacobsladder