What's Your Claim To Fame?

ourmanflint

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a peasant in 'The Princess Bride' - a movie - any Canadians out there might know this film x

Really!!! A child peasant perhaps?? It's a great movie but you must have been about 6 years old! Hella cool though...

I spilt some of Gary Glitters piss on my hand when I was a lab technician ...

Classic.. tell us more!

Keep em coming I'm impressed by the overall quallity of people we have here on TV... some very dark horses indeed.

:o

Me and a friend went to see Joe Strummer play in Brentford around '88, we blagged the security and crashed the aftershow party and met him shook hands, spoke, got his autograph, he was really cool and we were totally in awe. He said to us that we shouldn't be in there, but to help ourselves to beer and keep a low profile, me and my mate Jon just sat and watched as everyone, lots of girls included, wanted to meet him. we stayed for an hour or so before getting bumped out by security. I had seen him on other occasions in the street around Kentish Town and Ladbrooke Grove, but that night was something else. The guy is a legend and the world is a much duller place without him.

Many moons ago, whilst I was in the in the army, a young soldier came back from Buckingham Palace, having been given the Duke of Edinburgh ' gold award.

I asked him if he had actually shaken the hand of the Duke.When he said he had, I then shook his hand.

So......., my right hand has shaken the hand , which has shaken the hand, which shook the cock, which shagged the queen.

Many moons ago, whilst I was in the in the army, a young soldier came back from Buckingham Palace, having been given the Duke of Edinburgh ' gold award.

I asked him if he had actually shaken the hand of the Duke.When he said he had, I then shook his hand.

So......., my right hand has shaken the hand , which has shaken the hand, which shook the cock, which shagged the queen.

:o Now THAT is something to be proud of Ronny ... :D

You could also say that you had the Dukes cock in your hand ..... :D you could also say that you had the Dukes cock ........ NO enough ! :D

I went to school in '68 with Malcolm and Angus Young (ACDC) Ashfield Boys High Australia when their brother George Young (Vander & Young song writing fame) was playing in a band The Easybeats.

I also did a gig backup singer in a small country town with The Platters as a bit of a hoot when they toured there back in '83

And taught "Little Pattie" (Aussie singer surfing era 60s ) to ice skate.

:o

I won the Swimming Battle of Millions of others, swimming like hel_l into my Moms' whomb......

I won ! :o

and: I gave her a present on her birthday......me ! :D

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

I have all my own teeth and no fillings,

And I got to number 3 in the uk charts in 2002.

So you are famous then !

Solo or in a group?

Giving us any clues as to who you are?

I suppose if you are a solo artist you won't tell ..or will you?

Just being nosey

TP

In my job as a ferry captain I have met many celebrities. Carly Simon, James Taylor, Elizabeth Shue, Dan Akroyd, Kevin Spacey, Steven Tyler, Toots and the Maytals, Los Lobos, Karen Allen(Indiana Jones girl), Bill Belachick(New England Patriots coach), Lenny from Sha na na and others that I'm sure I'll remember after I post. :o

I have met lots of bands over the years. I used to work security in my younger days. Lynyrd Skynyrd, John Lee Hooker, Roomfull of blues, Etta James(she was kinda sweet on me, scared the hel_l out of me....she was about 250 pounds at the time) Poison, Indigo Girls, Tone Loc, many more....

But my personal claim to fame is playing harmonica with Pinetop Perkins (Muddy Waters piano player) He stayed with me while touring. An incredible old blues man, full of stories. :D

small world we live in ....last summer i met the captain of the vinyard/nantucket ferry while taking my wife and kids over too the islands...hi captain im jimmyb from yarmouth..txs for your great service..

I have all my own teeth and no fillings,

And I got to number 3 in the uk charts in 2002.

So you are famous then !

Solo or in a group?

Giving us any clues as to who you are?

I suppose if you are a solo artist you won't tell ..or will you?

Just being nosey

TP

I was part of a group, but to be honest i just find the whole thing a little humiliating, so i'm afraid I won't be sharing my 15 minutes of fame, I still get the price of a handbag every now and then so i can't knock it really.

Well, I saw Paul Simon do a sound check with only ten other people.

My flat mate in the early eighties slept with Ozzie Osbourne's drummer.

And (for those who remember) i saw Simply Red live in Montreux this summer. Better than the Spice Girlies.

Boring life really.... Oh, and my brother in law said once i did the twist better than my older sister...

I've got a few more ...

I played skittles in a pub in Oxford with Peter O'Toole once, I celebrated with Pete Postlethwaite when he recieved his "best supporting actor" nomination for "In the name of the Father", I've carried Geraldine Somerville ( Lily Potter from the Harry Potter movies ) naked on my back, seen Kate winslet naked and she did know I was there, also helped her into her PVC catsuit which was fun, Shared a shower with supermodel Karen Mulder, rolled a half naked Emma Thompson a cigarette, held up shooting of the movie Loch Ness for two days because Ted Dansons hair dye fell in my camera bag, and so many more I can hardly remember them all.

Life was fun! :o

When I was living and working in London (Highgate) I've met many times STING in his private house for personal cooking. Many famous people always in his house.

The best evening was when Elton John came for a dinner and late at night Sting and Elton John were sitting at the piano making music and singing together, was agreat adventure for me this time.

Also met George Michael, Paul Mc Cartney, Bette Middler(she's real funny) and many other celebs in London.

Gerd

I sat down at a piano in a club in Chicago. The place was packed and I was piss drunk. It was a very small sidebar to a huge club, the room could hold maybe 100 people. Basically I just needed a place to sit, but then this guy started to play the piano, totally impromptu. I happened to know the words (even drunk), so I did my best drunk-screaming/sing-along of Piano Man. Was told afterwords that the guy playing actually was Billy Joel! (I was also never allowed into that particular bar again)