What's Your Claim To Fame?

ourmanflint

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i played pool with " THE DRIFTERS " in albany , west australia at the premier hotel. :D

Lets face it Fireman you"ll play pool with anyone..

I Drifted through Albany once,

Your Not a Big Bald headed Guy are You ?? :o

There was a time when more people were in The Drifters than the population of Albany WA.

Went to Kieren Perkins 21st (1500 metre swimming legend) and forgot to buy him a present so me and a mate got all his birthday cards and wrote our names on them as well. He thanked us for the first couple then dawned on him we were taking the piss. Also did $4000 damage to Kieren's 4wd. Haven't spoken to him for years, I wonder why?

Won a gold medal for 10 metre high diving in world masters games (circa 1993).

Shagged a girl in the back of my car only to then find out she won a gold medal in the world swimming champs in Rome (circa 1993). Broke the rear view mirror in the car but a small price to pay.

Was an extra in 'The New Adventures of Skippy' (will never top that)

Was in Auckland and wandering down the road back to work and glancing at a newspaper as I walked. Bumped into some big ape as he came out of a shop, nearly put me on my ass. Out comes Bill Clinton laughing at me. Bloody bodyguards. This was after he finished being president and on the speaking circuit.

Helped Greg Norman re grip his clubs. Yes true, I was the assistant pro at his old course (Virginia Golf Club in Brisbane).

Wayne Grady (US Open golf winner many years ago) gave me his golf bag.

Had a few ales with Payne Stewart (another golfer). Very saddend by his death.

When I was very young I saw Eddie Charlton (snooker legend) coming out of a toilet and shook his hand. (I hope he washed them)

Won the title of longest hair in grade 5.

:D

Come on Rollergirl, the suspense is killing me

Edited by Wallaby

Got a short sharp punch to the sternum by a body guard for being within a few metres of joh Belke Peterson who was crossing the footpath to his car after departing Doug Anthony's electoral office in Murrwillumbah when he was deptuy PM of Oz,

Put me on the ground it did . Took me by complete surprise . Must have taken an instant dislike to me and the way i looked. Or it could have been the hippie dudes next to me they didn't like. Probably doesn't mean much to anybody who wasn't living in Oz in the seventies.

Nice thread have not noticed it before but let me see what I can remember.

Shook hands with Queen Beatrix and had a five minute chat with her.

Was a model for some big fashion brands.

The first white skinned guy to teach breakdance throughout the Benelux.

Performed as Hitler in the music clip of the band The golden Earing in the song: Let’s turn the world around.

Had my own radio program and introduced breakbeats in Europe.

Was voted second best DJ in Holland, (the year I forgot).

Had the guy who seems to be now the number one DJ in the world come to me and watch my skills, so he could copy them as he does.

Made my own music and got a record company agreeing to only sell a limited edition CD of it (Just a thousand pieces) sold out in a week.

Played the wheels of steel together with Carl Cox in some famous London club and many other famous DJ’s.

Gave Georgio advice to improve his first hit song which started his career.

Was voted 2nd in a national DJ contest.

Played the wheels all around the world but the biggest was for a 16000 thousand crowd in Holland.

Met Jeltsin in the Bolsoy theater , had a drink and chat with him.

Had dinner with the CEO of the biggest carmaker in Japan and talked with him.

Trained the CEO of a large chemical company and attendee of the Bilderburg meetings.

Trained Interpol hotshots on how to detect some kind of fraud.

This is part one,

:)

I had a game of Snooker with Alex "Hurricane" Higgins once. R.I.P. He gave me a 30 points start and he played with one arm behind his back. He beat me 86-31 :D

As far as i know he is still alive????

Sorry, yeah i think your right. I remember him getting throat cancer or something, several years ago and thought he had died. Sorry Alex :D

You know I was convinced he had died, and so when I saw this thread I searched all over, and it appears as though old Alex is still with us!!!

You and me must have read the same newspapers several years ago Mr B :o

Here is an update to this Post from 2007,

on Superstar Snooker Player Alex Higgins,who Sadly died on 24th July 2010 from Throat Cancer, RIP to the "Hurricane" the "Peoples Champion" a fantastic Sportsman,and entertainer.

Edited by MAJIC

Here is an update to this Post from 2007,

on Superstar Snooker Player Alex Higgins,who Sadly died on 24th July 2010 from Throat Cancer, RIP to the "Hurricane" the "Peoples Champion" a fantastic Sportsman,and entertainer.

yeah...ol' Alex was really something...I arrived in the UK from the US in 1988, got a job in the East Midlands and settled in watching snooker and darts on TV during the miserable winter sunday afternoons...then Alex came on during a match and the ex-wife who knew of him said 'check him out...he's got more than just snooker playing...'..she was right, his dissipated looks said it all...later read about his antics snooker related and otherwise...quite a character...a fellow traveler...

RIP, Alex...

Edited by tutsiwarrior