Tony Gym Tony Fitness Bangkok Pattaya all closed

abab

I haven't heard anything about a Tony closing other than this thread.  I used the Pattaya Third Road gym last night, and I just took a swing by (7PM Wednesday night) the Jomtien gym and it is open and operating normally.

• 1 month later...

Moved to Body and Fitness forum

New forum for ' All things related to training, working out, Crossfit and more! Share your fitness and workout tips, ask questions to help you achieve your fitness goals'.

I think there's still one open in a side soi off Soi Wat Dhammakee (the small soi opposite the end of Pattaya Tai).

Into the Soi and underpassing the Wat's arch, take the first Soi right.

After approx. 200 meters you'll find a "Tony". 

I used one of Tony's gyms by the 3rd road junction last week.

I was NOT impressed at all with the lack of equipment and general worn-out condition of what equipment was available.

Tony must be going through hard times, since it is forbidden to bring your own bottle of water to the gym - you have to buy his water.

On 4/14/2017 at 7:00 PM, simon43 said:

I used one of Tony's gyms by the 3rd road junction last week.

I was NOT impressed at all with the lack of equipment and general worn-out condition of what equipment was available.

Tony must be going through hard times, since it is forbidden to bring your own bottle of water to the gym - you have to buy his water.

Was that the open one right at the intersection, or the main gym down 3rd Road a bit, or the plastic tent opposite the main gym?

So he's started this nonsense again about not allowing members to bring their own water. He did this many years ago, but it didn't last long.

36 minutes ago, tropo said:

Was that the open one right at the intersection, or the main gym down 3rd Road a bit, or the plastic tent opposite the main gym?

So he's started this nonsense again about not allowing members to bring their own water. He did this many years ago, but it didn't last long.

Someone who is not born smart hardly becomes later.

All Tony gyms will be closed soon anyway, only 1 left and he is crying to try to sell it.

2 hours ago, abab said:

Someone who is not born smart hardly becomes later.

All Tony gyms will be closed soon anyway, only 1 left and he is crying to try to sell it.

You have real information on this, or is it just gossip?

One thing is for sure, putting dozens of mediocre gyms all over town has made it hard for real gyms to compete... and then just when a real gym looked like a possibility at The Avenue, it was quickly added to the list of mediocre gyms. Other than a few glowing reports by a couple of members (which seemed more like apologies than anything else), we've hardly heard a thing about it in the 8 months since it opened.

22 hours ago, tropo said:

One thing is for sure, putting dozens of mediocre gyms all over town has made it hard for real gyms to compete... and then just when a real gym looked like a possibility at The Avenue, it was quickly added to the list of mediocre gyms. Other than a few glowing reports by a couple of members (which seemed more like apologies than anything else), we've hardly heard a thing about it in the 8 months since it opened.

... said the guy who went there only once before it was actually open and never trained there...

Of course your are wrong and there is no better gym with better equipment in the whole city.

Especially a gym where you only pay 1500 thb / month without advance payment, and without questions about whatever you do or want to do.

1 hour ago, abab said:

... said the guy who went there only once before it was actually open and never trained there...

Of course your are wrong and there is no better gym with better equipment in the whole city.

Especially a gym where you only pay 1500 thb / month without advance payment, and without questions about whatever you do or want to do.

Geez, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult your gym. If you like it and you have good workouts there, then what more do you need?

When I assess a gym, I don't care about price. A low price doesn't make a bad gym better any more than a high price makes a good gym any worse. I wouldn't train there even if it was free. For example, I have a lifetime membership at Tony's and don't ever want to train there again... and they were air conditioned, last time I went.

Regarding your comment that it's the best gym in Pattaya. Well, there aren't any good gyms to make a comparison with. I know some hotel gyms with superior cardio equipment. Pattaya is full of mediocre gyms and your gym just makes the list longer.

I have no doubt that if Fitness First opens up, it will immediately make top of the list.

This is why I bought my own equipment and have the best workouts of my life at home. Sure, that cost around 100k (+ my Concept2 rower), but it was worth every baht.

3 hours ago, tropo said:

Geez, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult your gym. If you like it and you have good workouts there, then what more do you need?

When I assess a gym, I don't care about price. A low price doesn't make a bad gym better any more than a high price makes a good gym any worse. I wouldn't train there even if it was free. For example, I have a lifetime membership at Tony's and don't ever want to train there again... and they were air conditioned, last time I went.

Regarding your comment that it's the best gym in Pattaya. Well, there aren't any good gyms to make a comparison with. I know some hotel gyms with superior cardio equipment. Pattaya is full of mediocre gyms and your gym just makes the list longer.

I have no doubt that if Fitness First opens up, it will immediately make top of the list.

This is why I bought my own equipment and have the best workouts of my life at home. Sure, that cost around 100k (+ my Concept2 rower), but it was worth every baht.

Ok this to all the guys training for competition at Fitness 7. They certainly are retarded not knowing what is a good gym.

What you do not understand is that you seem to be the only one in this country to think that gyms at Pattaya are not good enough.

And it seems very stupid to company any Pattaya gym with crap tonygyms where I wouldn't go even if you paid me !!!

1 hour ago, abab said:

Ok this to all the guys training for competition at Fitness 7. They certainly are retarded not knowing what is a good gym.

What you do not understand is that you seem to be the only one in this country to think that gyms at Pattaya are not good enough.

And it seems very stupid to company any Pattaya gym with crap tonygyms where I wouldn't go even if you paid me !!!

To be honest, after over 40 years of pushing iron at gyms around the world, I would consider most competition bodybuilders fairly retarded and in no way good representatives of the health and fitness industry. By the time most reach their 40's and 50's they're in extremely bad shape after years of PED abuse.

Do you have any idea what these guys pump into themselves to be competitive? Do you have any idea now many die around the world, every year, as a result of PED abuse? Insulin, HGH and all types of designer anabolic steroids, most often intended for veterinary use. 

And regarding your comment that comparing Fitness 7 with Tony's gyms is stupid. That in itself is a stupid comment because what other gyms in Pattaya should I be comparing it to? There are very few others, and they're not much better than Tonys.

It's also stupid and naive to say I'm the only one "in the country" who think gyms in Pattaya are not good enough. The people who agree with me don't train at Fitness 7. For starters, I can train in a f******* garage if I HAVE to. Give me a barbell and few DB's and I can stay in shape. I can even stay in shape doing bodyweight training in the local park... which I actually do during the cooler months and it's FREE! This has nothing to do with what is a GOOD gym or not. I stayed in great shape using Tony's Gyms for years -  about 5 years all up. That doesn't make it a good gym, but it's good enough if you don't mind slumming it. I didn't enjoy training there - but it got the job done. Sometimes we have no choice but to slum it. Everyone in Pattaya gyms apart from some upmarket hotel gyms is slumming it, you included. The problem is you don't know the difference.

If you still haven't twigged as to what I'm on about, let me illustrate my point another way. Why do some people drive cheap cars and others drive exotic sports cars? They all get you there, don't they?

As I said, I wouldn't train at your gym if it was free. Get over it. We didn't have to turn this into a flame session about gyms.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2017 at 10:33 PM, tropo said:

Hey Tropo - I know you are frustrated with Tony's.  Try PRS!  It is incredible in my opinion and have been to lots of gyms here.  The AC is lowered between 12-3pm but still much better than Tony's. Employees are helpful and the equipment is great.  The pool is clean and the locker room is first class.

Worked out yesterday with my Garmin and the temp was 22 vs 27 at Fitness 7.  Love the place.

I agree Tony's is a dive!  There was excrement all over the walls in one of the restrooms. They left it in this condition for 3 weeks.  Finally got them to padlock the door and it stayed like that for 6 months.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Can you tell me which gym is still open ?

On the website they show all, but maybe only Buakow and the 3rd road are open ? No sukhumvit or Naklua ?

http://www.tonydisco.com/Locations.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293919-d4766260-Reviews-Tony_s_Fitness_Gym-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Do you know any other day by day gym ? Where and how much ?

Thanks.

Hello,

Can you tell me which gym is still open ?

On the website they show all, but maybe only Buakow and the 3rd road are open ? No sukhumvit or Naklua ?

http://www.tonydisco.com/Locations.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293919-d4766260-Reviews-Tony_s_Fitness_Gym-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Do you know any other day by day gym ? Where and how much ?

Thanks.

I think they are all still open and this thread should deleted as it was an unconfirmed rumor or perhaps a prank.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/14/2017 at 4:36 PM, bangkokairportlink said:

Many fitness gyms have closed, this is not a false rumor.

All the main Tony's gyms are still alive and well. I know he has many satellite fitness centers - which ones have closed? They were all over town so he was spread really thin and if some closed, that's good.

• 11 months later...
On 16/6/2017 at 10:20 PM, tropo said:

All the main Tony's gyms are still alive and well. I know he has many satellite fitness centers - which ones have closed? They were all over town so he was spread really thin and if some closed, that's good.

Soi khao Noi Pattaya open and advertising with new promo signs. No sign of issues there. 

Good gym bad gym..to one's own choose a mobile phone.

I use a 40 baht gym Henry house gym. Good enough for a play.

5 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Gym money is dead money. Buy some weights and bench 2nd hand then sell if you move.

Problem is I need to get out of my lazy mode.  Too many distractions in room.  After walking into a gym there's only two thing on my mind..... Lift heavy and..... Can you guess the other.

14 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Problem is I need to get out of my lazy mode.  Too many distractions in room.  After walking into a gym there's only two thing on my mind..... Lift heavy and..... Can you guess the other.

judging by myself, the other thing is:

beat up the <deleted> that didnt put the dumbbells back in the right slot

2 hours ago, stud858 said:

Lamb roast?

Archived