Video: Social media hunt on for Benz driver that fled the scene!

webfact

On 2/20/2017 at 3:57 PM, Dogmatix said:

I had a similar incident overtaking an older gentleman on a motor bike in the countryside outside Pattaya.  I was also driving an old model Benz.  There was nothing coming the other way and I overtook the bike with a 6 foot margin of safety as I think I learned studying for my driving test decades ago.  Unfortunately he decided to swerve to turn right into a farm track without looking and he obviously was too hard of hearing to hear a car coming up behind him.  The result was I saw an old gentleman sprawled in the road in my rear view mirror similar to the video.  Unlike the video I went back to see if he was OK.  Fortunately he was just a bit scraped and shaken up but within seconds I was surrounded by angry  villagers holding machetes demanding vast sums of cash for the man's hospital bills and repairs to the bike that had a small scratch on one wing mirror.  I spent about half an hour there negotiating it down to B2,000 which was already a lot for something that was not all my fault and did not require any hospital treatment for the man or repairs to the bike.  I paid it just to get the hell out of there and resume my journey.  It would have been better to have just driven off.  There was no one behind me with a dash cam.  But I would always have felt bad not knowing whether the old boy was OK or not and maybe needed a ride to hospital.

These kind of people always wanting to monetise everything to their advantage effectively encourage drivers to flee the scene.

Advice !  You can get a Dash Cam for less than that !

These days, people who drive mercedes are usually corrupted ex politicians or government officials, corrupted businessmen, cheats and scammers, illegal online gambling operators, boiler room operators, drug dealers, or well paid whores. The brand has lost its image in Thailand.

On 2/21/2017 at 1:22 AM, Bob12345 said:

LOL

Hope you aren't serious.

How are you supposed to drive in a country with millions of motorbikes and never overtake a motorbike when there is an entrance to a street or home on the right?

You do know that within city limits there are entrances to homes and streets about every 5 to 10 meters.

Guess you just never pass a motorbike while driving in Thailand.

So keep doing until you kill someone.

You should be ashamed of your reply.