Beginner Idols Water

thaimee

Last night my buddy-buddy told me without as much as a smirk on his face that it's very possible to get intoxicated by drinking copious amounts of Water.

Is the above true?,

Fact or Fiction folk's,

Thaimee. :o

Last night my buddy-buddy told me without as much as a smirk on his face that it's very possible to get intoxicated by drinking copious amounts of Water.

Is the above true?,

Fact or Fiction folk's,

Thaimee. :o

If you mix it with wiskey it is possible.

thaimee...tutsi humbly accepts your good wishes. However, I may be shipping out soon on a job where there is no convenient internet access and I shall remain 999 tutsi...

(or stand it on its' head...666 tutsi...'hurled headlong from the ethereal sky in hideous ruin and combustion...' and return to the fire down below...)

A person's memory is impaired if they believe they are drinking alcohol even when it is really water. Maybe he meant this?

Yes, that too!

I don't want to confuse the issue here! But I humbily believe drinking much water can get's ya very intoxicated. hic, hic..., hiccupp......

Any scientists, Dr's in the house? Dr. Pat Pong? Thaimee. Goodnitzzee :o:D

No,drinking straight water can not get you intoxicated,,but drinking to much water can kill you,has something to do with electrolytes in your system.

I read something some time ago about some parent forcing his kid to drink copious amounts of water as a punishment and it killed the kid.

I don't know where to look it up but there must be something some where on this thing in some medical journals about over consumption of water.

Is the above true?,

How many glasses of water had your mate consumed by this stage? :D

There actually is such a thing as “water intoxication”, however the effects are a bit more severe than those from alcohol. The intoxication occurs from excessive water consumption, which can dilute the blood (lowering the amount of sodium) altering ones state of consciousness eg lethargy. This can also lead to fluid build up in the brain, causing it to swell. Consequently this increases the pressure on the brain stem and may result in coma or death. This is one of the reasons why some people have died after taking ecstasy.

However if your mate meant that the consumption of water may result in a state of inebriation then he may have been referring to the placebo effect (the power of suggestion). This doesn’t happen to everyone, but some studies have found that: telling someone that water (or a non-alcoholic substance) causes drunkenness or giving someone this and telling them it is alcohol may result in some people putting on the "drunk act". This usually comes down to the individual's motivation and usually done as an excuse to become uninhibited (the new movie 50 First Dates has a funny scene about this).

So there's some method to the madness :o:D

If the water contains marshite, it will induce a kind've soapdodger mentality which would explain the aneobrated feeling. :o

or if one took an oversize drink of Adelaide water Bronco. There is another thing that could well kill a soi dog

If the water contains marshite, it will induce a kind've soapdodger mentality which would explain the aneobrated feeling. :o

or if one took an oversize drink of Adelaide water Bronco. There is another thing that could well kill a soi dog

I never drink water Doc, I know what fish do in it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting these awful headaches, perhaps a swelling of the head, not sure?

I'm iz on my 15th litre of water and I haven't passed out yet, what am I not doing that I should be doing iz you understanddd meee?

Thaimee. (The HUMAN EXPERIMENT) :o:D