Questions About Applying For Visas In Nyc

My fiancee and I are going to apply for 2 entry 60 day tourist visas at the NYC consulate. She is a US citizen, but I am British. Will they have a problem issuing one to me? Also, will they do this on the same day if we arrive in the morning? We live a 10 hour drive away, so will they just mail our passports back to us if they can't get it done that day?

I would give them a call. Expect they may require ticket from non US applicants (believe most Consulates list that as a requirement but don't believe they do check for local nationals). You do not have to visit a Consulate to obtain a visa. Most any travel agency can obtain for you or one of the many visa services (which the travel agent will use) or you can download paperwork and submit by mail. I suspect New York would not be set up for same day service.

I am from Pennsylvania however I had to send my passport to Huston Texas for my first visa. They e-mailed me a form (just basic information) which I sent with my passport next day with prepaid next day return post. I had my passport with visa back in 48 hours.

My fiancee and I are going to apply for 2 entry 60 day tourist visas at the NYC consulate. She is a US citizen, but I am British. Will they have a problem issuing one to me? Also, will they do this on the same day if we arrive in the morning? We live a 10 hour drive away, so will they just mail our passports back to us if they can't get it done that day?

http://www.thaiembdc.org/index.htm

it can be done by mail.

The forms can be downloaded from the above site

I have had many visa's processed at the NYC location , when they are not very busy ( low season)

often they would allow the passport to be picked up later in the afternoon , if you arrived when they first opened in the morn.

As far as the 2 entry tourist visa , it should not pose any problem at all.

I would give them a call. Expect they may require ticket from non US applicants

Do you mean a ticket showing I will be leaving on day 60?

Believe the normal requirement is just a return ticket. And as said do not know if it is really required or not but it seems to be on most visa requirements lists.

I wouldn't make a special trip to NYC just to apply for a visa. Applying by mail through any number of consulates may be a better option. Where do you live? There may well be an honorary consulate closer to your home.

I am from Pennsylvania however I had to send my passport to Huston Texas for my first visa. They e-mailed me a form (just basic information) which I sent with my passport next day with prepaid next day return post. I had my passport with visa back in 48 hours.

Houston is a safe and prompt bet. :o

Houston is a safe and prompt bet. :o

I live in Kentucky, but will have moved to Pennsyvania by the time that I get back into the country in order to apply for visa.

I already have my plane ticket and it is an open-jaw. I fly into Thailand in Feb, but fly out of China in June. Would they have a problem if I just show them that? and maybe an Air Asia ticket or something flying into Malaysia or Cambodia on day 60.

Thanks...

I already have my plane ticket and it is an open-jaw. I fly into Thailand in Feb, but fly out of China in June. Would they have a problem if I just show them that? and maybe an Air Asia ticket or something flying into Malaysia or Cambodia on day 60.

If you encounter any problem it will be with the airline when you check-in for your flight leaving the States. Best to get a Thai tourist visa to avoid any potential headaches and as I posted earlier, no sense not doing that application by mail unless you were going to NYC for some other reason.

I've been to the NYC Consulate a few times.

It's a 2 day deal. Drop off passport in the morn (along w/2 passport pics and $25) fill out a 1 page form, and pick up the next afternoon.

I do seem to recall something in the form about tickets and return day but they've never asked to see the tix. There were times I didn't know when I was returning, just gave a guess (within the 60 days) on the form.