Crusher Dust

carlyai

Do you know what they call crusher dust here in Thailand?

If they have it, where can I get it?

I saw a thread from Crossy a while ago where he lined his driveway with something, maybe like crushed dust?

I'm building large water tank, and I want to back fill the space between the reinforced walls and the soil.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

It's called heen poo (หินผุ). Some areas you can buy it from construction stores that sell rock and sand, other areas difficult to find especially if you only want a small quantity as it's typically used only for making roads. Generally Thai's have yet to discover the benefits of using this rock for various things and just use sand for everything.

I'm lucky enough to have a quarry 6km's away.

170 baht/ton.West of Chumphae

Look for a quarry in your area otherwise you can use the same as they make the bricks out of at your local cement works.

5 times the price.

Edited by farmerjo

Thanks Canopy.

If you back fill the gap between the tank reinforced concrete wall and the dirt, would you also sprinkle in some cement, wet it down and compact it, or just shovel in the crusher dust and compact it?

I'm a bit strange and like the romantic name 'heen poo', rather than the environmental unfriendly name of 'crushed dust'.

When will farangs learn?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk