Penalty for not filling in Thai tax return?

Is there a penalty for not filling in a Thai personal tax return?

The reason I ask is that I’m in the tax system but have never worked here or had any taxable income. I ‘joined up’ so that I could claim back the tax withheld on bank account interest. At one time this was around 10K Baht/year so it was worth it. Nowadays, however, with interest rates so low, and keeping most of my cash in a SCB SFF account that pays ‘interest’ tax-free, the tax withheld last year was only a bit over 1000 Baht. That’s not really worth the bother of getting the tax forms from the bank, copying the bank book, and then queuing at the tax office.

So will the RD get annoyed or impose a penalty for not filling in a personal tax return? Or will they be relieved that I’m no longer trying to claim tax back off them?

One more question - the simplest thing might be just to fill in the tax return with zero income and no claim for tax back.

They used to send me a tax return every year but the last few years they've stopped doing so. I've don't know why, maybe because I get somebody at the local tax office to fill in a return for me to claim back the tax withheld. Can I download and print out the tax return? I remember some years ago that there was also an English language translation to help with filling it in.

Can anybody point me towards these sites?