50 troops raid and seize building inside Dhammakaya Temple

webfact

50 troops raid and seize building inside Dhammakaya Temple
By The Nation

2ed327a68408df6d33dea49cab274e0e.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Some 50 troops entered the compound of the Dhammakaya Temple Thursday morning and seized a building, resulting in a tussle with monks.

Phra Sanitwong Chareonrattawong, the communication chief of the temple, said the troops demolished the doors of the building and laid barbed wire around the building at 6 am. A tussle ensured during the operation.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30307007

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-23

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tussle with monks.

Why don't these supposedly peaceful monks step aside .......................... do they actually want confrontation ?

Let the police enforce the laws of the country - you are not above that unless "Orange is the new Black"

And this is one of the many problems with religion and superstitious mumbo-jumbo. People thinking because you wear a collar or wear orange, etc, you're some how holier than thou and shouldn't be touched. That somehow going after someone in a robe who is so obviously abhorrent to the core will bring you bad luck. 

Find some atheist soldiers and send them in. 

i think most of us know he is long gone, with a million plus followers,the keystone cops aint got a snowballs chance in hell of catching him, rather than  haveing 3000 plus troops hanging around, just offer up a reward, we all know how Thais love to dob their mates in lol. i think a million would be ok for starters

4 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

i think most of us know he is long gone, with a million plus followers,the keystone cops aint got a snowballs chance in hell of catching him, rather than  haveing 3000 plus troops hanging around, just offer up a reward, we all know how Thais love to dob their mates in lol. i think a million would be ok for starters

Agree with the reward idea.

Where can I contribute?

7 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

there is a story in the BP about one monk saying he fled a few days ago.

And he has audio recording of senior monks.

sorry can't post a link to BP.

Soldiers fence off main gate with barbed wire after another unsuccessful advancement to enter temple

230203.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Soldiers fenced off the main gate of the Dhammakaya temple with barbed wires after they pushed through the human barricades formed by hundreds of defiant monks and followers in order to renew search of a certain area for the stubborn former abbot Phra Dhammachayo.

A combined force of police, soldiers and officials from the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) began advancing to the defense line of over a hundred of monks and followers who were blocking Gate 1 by sitting and praying on the ground.

As soldiers dismantled the barricades, the monks and followers then stood up to block the advancing soldiers and started changing prayers, and pushing soldiers to their lines.

Under pressure by the chanting of prayers and pleas for lenient action, the unarmed advancing soldiers had no choice but to retreat and then laud barbed wires at the main gate to prevent the resistance monks out.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/soldiers-fence-off-main-gate-barbed-wire-another-unsuccessful-advancement-enter-temple/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-23

I'm just posting what I see on twitter and YouTube. If you don't like it then try another thread topic.

Back to the temple and why are children allowed to stay in a temple under seige by the police and army? These kid's and their mother's need to go home. It's not a safe environment at the moment. Children propaganda is wrong.

1487829296024.jpg.b65bd093b53b40a81d63a3

This whole thing is pathetic, pathetic, pathetic - on every single front. 

This is what you get when you have a lawless land (from the top down).

This is what you get when you deliberately make certain sections of society 'untouchable' (literally) and enforce grovelling and prostrating before them.

This is what you get when you have a bunch of morons running the land  who do not realise that they and their underlings have lost so much face around the world (if the world is bothering to watch their lunatic antics) that people would guess these dolts must have been born faceless from the start.

Pathetic beyond all words and conceiving.