Amulets and statue saves Thai from certain death in pick-up smash

rooster59

51 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

And the Thai bashing carries on! Why do you people live here when you think so badly of these people?

Two parts to this. One, Why do i live here? It is where my employer has posted me. I like my job, I like my Boss, I earn good money and everything here is cheap. Weather isn't bad either.

Part two. I will call an adiot, an idiot based upon the stupidity of their actions. It is not a racial thing. I will call an English idiot an idiot just as quickly as I do from anywhere else.

I previously lived and worked in Cape Town. My earlier post said what I thought of their Minister of Health.

Her nonsense that having sex with a virgin could cure you of AIDS saw countless children raped by idiots that believed it.

Believing a statue in a car saved someones life, to my mind, is stupid. Or do you disagree?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Amulets that protect you from being a complete arse on the Highway. That explains much of Thai's attitude on the road. But how do they explain the massive annual death toll?

It would be interesting to conduct a study and tallying how many of the dead victims had amulets, statues, protective spells or other religious knick-knack fixed to their vehicles and how many didn't. I think the results would be eye-opening, as pretty much every local driver has some sort of "divine protective device". The study's outcome would clearly attest to the fact that these devices are obviously useless. In fact, they're potentially dangerous, because they might contribute to drivers being more careless than they'd perhaps otherwise be.

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

It's a MIRACLE!  Praise ___________!

a.Jesus

b. Allah

c. Buddha

d. Zeus

e. Barney the Purple Dinosaur

f. All of the above

Fill in the blank, multiple choice.

Praise the lord ,  Barney the Purple Dinosaur

The rest are all part of fake News

1Pcs-12-30cm-Barney-The-Dinosaur-Sing-I-LOVE-YOU-Song-Purple-Dinosaur-Plush-Toys-Doll.jpg

Edited by onemorechang

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Amulets that protect you from being a complete arse on the Highway. That explains much of Thai's attitude on the road. But how do they explain the massive annual death toll?

Insufficient supply of lucky statues and amulets?

3 minutes ago, CliffH said:

If your amulet doesn't protect you from driving like a lunatic, it's obviously not genuine. You've been conned with a fake..

Is there an amulet power detector on the market to determine whether you own a fake or genuine?

Now there's a scam in the making! Or at least worth producing.

5 minutes ago, CliffH said:

If your amulet doesn't protect you from driving like a lunatic, it's obviously not genuine. You've been conned with a fake..

I thought only us foreigners bought fakes.

Could of sworn that is what the PM told the world only a few days ago.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

" The statue was of Luang Pu Thuat, well known for saving countless lives. "

So it isn't just the driver who believes in hokey-pokey magic, but apparently the reporter and most of the country.

I can see these people rushing out to buy one, to enable them to drive even more crazily, without fear of death.

Almost as stupid as when the South African minister of Health proclaimed that having sex with a virgin would cure AIDS, leading to a massive rise in rape.

Never heard of irony?

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

What your missing here is that belief in this superstitious nonsense is part of the irresponsible way Thai's drive. I will be ok no matter what happens. Even if I've killed other people, my amulets will protect me.  Speeding, drunk driving mai pen rai. I'll be ok. Selfish, superstitious bullshit.

Yep you are probably right

2 hours ago, delgarcon said:

And the Thai bashing carries on! Why do you people live here when you think so badly of these people?

Because THIS is ridiculous BS and needs to be called out as such!

Nothing to do with Thai- bashing!

“Sukhon said that he was on his way back to Yasothorn after attending a family funeral. But his time had not come yet.

He said he was overtaking another vehicle and lost control.

It's this type of what appears to be a common mentality that makes driving, as well as other activities, a danger to everyone else. No need to learn safe driving skill. No need to ground electric wiring. No need to watch your children when they are walking on the street. 

It's all about luck. When your number is up, it's up. 

In reality, Stupid is as Stupid Does...and...There's a lot of stupid going around here, and it appears impossible to avoid. Even if you try to explain cause and effect, the basis of Buddhism, they look at you at though you were a Martian playing ping pong using a giraffe as a paddle, and an elephant as a ball.

Edited by jaltsc

1 hour ago, Reigntax said:

Is there an amulet power detector on the market to determine whether you own a fake or genuine?

Now there's a scam in the making! Or at least worth producing.

Interesting that you ask, our neighbor attempted to sell my Thai wife an amulet that was very powerful. The lady told my wife to put it on, stand with her hand in mine and I would be unable to push her to the floor by lowering her hand. I weigh double what my wife does, easily pushed her to the floor and the amulet went home with the neighbor. So, if you're looking for an amulet tester I'm your man, endowed with great spiritual power, or maybe not.

This stupid sort of belief is why there are so many accidents.
I ride defensively, treat everyone else as a moron and ride within my limits.
That, I hope has and will continue to keep me safe out there.
Of course I could always wear a crucifix and rely on God .. NOT.

Sent from my i-mobile_i-STYLE_219 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Incredible how these people really believe wearing such & such amulet will make them bullet-proof and impervious to death. Has it never occurred to them that a division of bullet-proof Thai soldiers, all wearing their protective amulets, could conquer the world?

5 hours ago, USPatriot said:

He isn't hurting anyone if that what he believes saved him good. Then

for him.

But not good for the rest of us on the roads when fools like this think that trinkets surpass the need for driving skills. 

3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

It would be interesting to conduct a study and tallying how many of the dead victims had amulets, statues, protective spells or other religious knick-knack fixed to their vehicles and how many didn't. I think the results would be eye-opening, as pretty much every local driver has some sort of "divine protective device". The study's outcome would clearly attest to the fact that these devices are obviously useless. In fact, they're potentially dangerous, because they might contribute to drivers being more careless than they'd perhaps otherwise be.

Only the survivors get to boast about the magical powers of their amulets! 

3 hours ago, jonclark said:

Apart from saying it is nonsense. Can anyone offer any verifible evidence that it was not the amulets the saved him? 

The burden of proof rests with those making ridiculous claims, not those who laugh in their faces!

1 hour ago, ajarngreg said:

It's saddening to see so many people making jokes about some peoples' religious beliefs.

Most people don't have a problem with the religious beliefs of others, until they impinge of my life expectancy I don't either, and this is an obvious case of trusting in a good luck charm instead of driving skills that is responsible for the deaths of people who don't share your faith.

By all means test your trust in your faith by jumping off a tall building, but please don't test your faith as you're overtaking coming towards me on my side of the road.