Pattaya is more than sex and sin - says Thai Rath news - as controversy rages.

rooster59

I made a mistake a couple years back and went to walking street with the family.  The place is definately not for shopping..... we were not impressed and frankly I felt bad about exposing the kids to that scenery. 

Understand however the attraction for younger folks and singles.....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, StefanBBK said:

I made a mistake a couple years back and went to walking street with the family.  The place is definately not for shopping..... we were not impressed and frankly I felt bad about exposing the kids to that scenery. 

Understand however the attraction for younger folks and singles.....

Yes walking street is not for shopping its an party entertainment zone nightlife redlight district..u probably better of in your isaarn village where the only entertainment venue in a radius of 15 km is the 7/11.

tons of people living and visiting Pattaya come for the golf , other sports as well as adventure holidays , fishing , cruising islands , etc..etc. Pattaya is nothing compared to some of the red light districts in Bangkok , and other cities including places like Hamburg , which make it look like kids play.

Most farangs I know will very occasionally visit walking street , for a night out of fun, including dancing , dining , etc rtc again.

18 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Pattaya has lots of options.  Great shopping Malls lots of beautiful 

tourist attractions....However please stop telling tourists, and

advertising the beautiful ocean and beach.   The water is filthy and

polluted, the beaches are loaded with trash, plastic bags,beer bottles

and general filthy trash.   I have lived inPattaya 7 years, only went into

the filthy water once....you must go 7-8 km south for a decent, cleaner

beach and water or to one of the islands.    As a tourist, make sure your

Hotel has a wonderful pool....that is the only water to enjoy in Pattaya!!

Designer and top brand shopping more expensive than London or New York...

Also the smell of "Poo" on the streets, very nice for the image. 

Yes walking street is not for shopping its an party entertainment zone nightlife redlight district..u probably better of in your isaarn village where the only entertainment venue in a radius of 15 km is the 7/11.

Exactly, an elaborated red light district. What makes you think Issan village? Never been there. Prefer Bangkok, Hua Hin, even Bang Saen for that matter.
Nothing wrong with Pattaya, if that is what one is looking for. I just dont recommend it for family with kids.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

You've obviously never visited an Isaan karaoke bar with fairy lights outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, StefanBBK said:

Exactly, an elaborated red light district. What makes you think Issan village? Never been there. Prefer Bangkok, Hua Hin, even Bang Saen for that matter.
Nothing wrong with Pattaya, if that is what one is looking for. I just dont recommend it for family with kids.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

That partyzone is mostly walkingstreet..for shopping and kids things there is plenty but its not within walking street.Try explore another part of the town on ur next trip.

They are not  Knocking Shops 

The Karaoke establishments are purely for the relaxation of hard working Thai Business men

Your reference to Knocking Shops insinuates that there is prostitution in Thailand. well as the powers that be would have us believe , there is not. :smile:

They are not  Knocking Shops 

The Karaoke establishments are purely for the relaxation of hard working Thai Business men

Your reference to Knocking Shops insinuates that there is prostitution in Thailand. well as the powers that be would have us believe , there is not. :smile:

That must be the same 'powers that be' who believe the roads are safe here and Pattaya is a family destination to see the natural beauty spots.

6 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

That must be the same 'powers that be' who believe the roads are safe here and Pattaya is a family destination to see the natural beauty spots.

All kinds of natural beauties in Pattaya... 

Well of course it is...of course it is.

In-between all the sexing and sinning  people have to sleep a little and then eat a little and relax a little and prepare themselves for more sexing and sinning...lol

The perfect hedonistic balance...I surmise....for those persons interested in doing so.

Meantime there are lots of other things to do around Pattaya and surrounding area ...that is if you are interested in doing so...

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

the one thing they should improve is the last thing they are interested in.THE BEACH...while other countrys with a great beach protect it thais trat the beach like a cash cow,its just an ashray/boat launch/refueling station/,they pollute neglect and then widen the road to accommodate tour buses...traffic ruins everything ,tour buses deliver the DEATH BLOW''..rebuild the beach and they people will come..

I can't believe this is even a discussion. I say the following things without always having the data to back it, the common sense factors feels strong.

I havn't been to patta all that much, less than 10  times in t he last13 years, 7 of which were living in in Thailand. For me, everything pattas offered was in bkk where I lived, it just meant having female issan 'friends'

I have NEVER paid a prostitute in Pattaya for sex, but I and hundreds of tall muscular fair-looking guys meet a lot of hot women who, when they know you aren't the customer type, suddenly are only to happy t night the night off work and hangout' or 'in' until breakfast (midday) the next day and their day off sometimes extends longer. It is the difference between someone u have to shag and someone you wantt be shagged by.

Anyway, I have never met a man you didn't go to pattaya with sex not on the mind. even all these married guys sneak off for a few hours playing snooker with the lads and squeeze one in, bonckonian girls... Well I have lost count of how many go there for a sexual fun being part of the deal. I can honestly say I have never met a human who said they were going to patts to observe non human nature, male or female.... just on the law of averages I should have met some for whom the sex isnt even part of it. I have met many who claimed they went there for temples withh the fat wife, but 4 beers later they were talking about being blow in windmill bar while the wife was getting a foot massage

Edited by trianglechoke
love

On 2/25/2017 at 10:52 PM, captspectre said:

waters as clear as? NY pattaya beach. of curse if you go to the "islands" the water will be clear, but the beach? lots of luck!

Agreed. If they are talking about Larn, that is as ruined an island as it is possible to find. It's as though they set out to destroy any vestige of beauty on the whole place- they certainly succeeded.

The water may be clear, but don't turn around to look at what is on the land.

On 2/27/2017 at 3:27 AM, mok199 said:

the one thing they should improve is the last thing they are interested in.THE BEACH...while other countrys with a great beach protect it thais trat the beach like a cash cow,its just an ashray/boat launch/refueling station/,they pollute neglect and then widen the road to accommodate tour buses...traffic ruins everything ,tour buses deliver the DEATH BLOW''..rebuild the beach and they people will come..

They could make it into the greatest beach in the world, but it wouldn't make a difference. The rest of Pattaya is a rotten mess. The roads, pavements, services are a disgrace. Pavements never been fixed in 30 years. Take a walk up Soi Post Office or Soi Yamato- same broken concrete roads and disintegrating sidewalks as first time I ever walked up them ( a very long time ago ). Don't think they have ever been cleaned since then either.

To me, the question isn't about the "crackdown", but what do they think will happen if all the bars and girls vanished? If they wanted to make Pattaya upmarket, they'd have to bulldoze the lot and start over- and that is a million to one not going to happen.

I have to conclude that they don't have a clue about what they are doing, and are just blundering along without any idea of what they want instead.