Welding in thailand.

Hutch68

It would have been ok but now you've announced it to the Thai visa immigration police you may be in a spot of bother.

Do what you have to do and keep it to yourself no one needs to know anything least of all thousands of wanna be immigration officers on the internet.

16 minutes ago, stoneyboy said:

It would have been ok but now you've announced it to the Thai visa immigration police you may be in a spot of bother.

Do what you have to do and keep it to yourself no one needs to know anything least of all thousands of wanna be immigration officers on the internet.

Well I've not done it yet and I hear what you say, I guess it probably would have been better to use the pm or just a simple phone call.

In your own home there's unlikely to be an issue unless someone wants to stir up the **** for you.

Going to another person's home definitely could be construed as work. But even then, is anyone likely to want to stir?

Keep the auto-darkening helmet down and nobody will be the wiser.

Better yet, hire a good local welder, and have a few brewskies with your friend while your local hire is busting his butt in the heat.

To the guys who are going to come back with "there's no good Thai welders", Thai's are highly sought after for their excellent offshore welding work, and that market's in the toilet right now.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

Keep the auto-darkening helmet down and nobody will be the wiser.

Better yet, hire a good local welder, and have a few brewskies with your friend while your local hire is busting his butt in the heat.

To the guys who are going to come back with "there's no good Thai welders", Thai's are highly sought after for their excellent offshore welding work, and that market's in the toilet right now.

Having a proper helmet on is bound to draw attention.

if you are going to carry out construction work every day then:

1. dont start until 11am

2. wear sunglasses and flip flops

3. dissappear at 12 for lunch

4. return at 2pm and realise you forgot to get the red bull

5.piss about trying to repair your tools for an hour

6. at 4pm call it a day because you have been busy.

its worked for me, every day for 3 years building my house, just another 3 to go

6 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Kanchanaburi?

Noooooo, the Red Line.

My lovely MiL (now 93 ish) was in the Thai resistance. She will tell anyone who will listen how many "Japs" she killed during the war by derailing trains (does anyone need an explosives expert? For 200 B&H she will do anything).

She loves her farang "son", I never have had the heart to tell the old bear, that I'm working in Thailand, for the Japanese, building a railway (it goes over my mates [in the UK] heads at 38,000 feet and climbing too).

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

My lovely MiL (now 93 ish) was in the Thai resistance. She will tell anyone who will listen how many "Japs" she killed during the war by derailing trains (does anyone need an explosives expert? For 200 B&H she will do anything).

Does she have a business card?  Ya never know...

If I spoke Thai, I'd love to hear her stories.  When I first moved to China, I got to hear the stories (with a translator) from WWII and from the Korean War.  Fascinating to hear the other side.