Protester hangs self near Dhammakaya Temple

rooster59

41 minutes ago, gigman said:

Leave those people in LOS and Buddhism alone if you never read or learn what Buddha 's teachings are.

By three Years I learned a lot from my Thai partner about those teachings and to be honest ...as I hate religions of this world Buddha teaching could make this world much much better ...

Your  comment about leaving those people alone, would be ok in an ideal world.

Modern day Buddhism, has lost its way.

Everyday now you read about monks stealing, fornicating, most things monks are supposed to give up.

If you give a monk 20 baht, he will throw it back at you, and demand 100 baht, whatever you give it is not enough they want more.

Before you condemn that comment, it has happened to me.

Monks at the gate looking for money my wife says give them 20 baht each, and monks threw it on the ground, demanded 100 baht.

If that is buddhism you can keep it.

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Your  comment about leaving those people alone, would be ok in an ideal world.

Modern day Buddhism, has lost its way.

Everyday now you read about monks stealing, fornicating, most things monks are supposed to give up.

If you give a monk 20 baht, he will throw it back at you, and demand 100 baht, whatever you give it is not enough they want more.

Before you condemn that comment, it has happened to me.

Monks at the gate looking for money my wife says give them 20 baht each, and monks threw it on the ground, demanded 100 baht.

If that is buddhism you can keep it.

And the Buddha said " Take only what is offered"..................................

23 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

You are comparing this money launderer to Jesus?

As you wish. I pefer being a little more agnositc than subjective and always enjoyed the passing of collection plates for one of the most wealthy religious institutions often being used to pay off victims of sexual abuse.  

2 minutes ago, silent said:

As you wish. I pefer being a little more agnositc than subjective and always enjoyed the passing of collection plates for one of the most wealthy religious institutions often being used to pay off victims of sexual abuse.  

You confuse the church for Jesus?

9 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

You confuse the church for Jesus?

Don't confuse me with someone that has an interest in hypocrisy or cares. I'm all for people that with no conscience feel forgiven for sins if they confess. It's just not for me.

5 minutes ago, silent said:

Don't confuse me with someone that has an interest in hypocrisy or cares. I'm all for people that with no conscience feel forgiven for sins if they confess. It's just not for me.

Oh, so you are just confusing one church with Jesus, how childlike.

1 hour ago, Shawn0000 said:

aww, and your mocking of my religion was so kind.

Sorry Sonny. Depending on which sect yours is, it's mine too, but I don't believe God wants us to act like Islamic State and consider everyone that doesn''t believe the same are infidels, or else his son was needlessly sacrificed. But that's just my opinion and contempt for hypocrites.

2 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Oh, so you are just confusing one church with Jesus, how childlike.

So.... is gods representative on earth ( for Catholics... da pope), not properly representing god ( and Jesus, by extension... the famous trinity)?

or is the church, who claim to teach gods/ Jesus message blah blah, screwing the pooch?

for centuries, deluded folk ( those superstitious enough to believe in the nailed god) have looked to the church, for guidance... are they looking in the wrong place?

or are you referencing other, less specific (minor) church's?

20 minutes ago, farcanell said:

So.... is gods representative on earth ( for Catholics... da pope), not properly representing god ( and Jesus, by extension... the famous trinity)?

or is the church, who claim to teach gods/ Jesus message blah blah, screwing the pooch?

for centuries, deluded folk ( those superstitious enough to believe in the nailed god) have looked to the church, for guidance... are they looking in the wrong place?

or are you referencing other, less specific (minor) church's?

They can't all be right, I for one, do not look to the Catholic church, or indeed recognize any churches authority, the bible is available to read if you want to know about Jesus' message, I have no need for a pope or any preacher.

14 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

They can't all be right, I for one, do not look to the Catholic church, or indeed recognize any churches authority, the bible is available to read if you want to know about Jesus' message, I have no need for a pope or any preacher.

Well unless it is signed by the writer it may be wise not to believe everything you read.

1 hour ago, silent said:

Sorry Sonny. Depending on which sect yours is, it's mine too, but I don't believe God wants us to act like Islamic State and consider everyone that doesn''t believe the same are infidels, or else his son was needlessly sacrificed. But that's just my opinion and contempt for hypocrites.

13 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

As an atheist.... I find both of these posts a refreshing change... nice one chaps.

1 minute ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Well unless it is signed by the writer it may be wise not to believe everything you read.

I don't believe it, I like people in the area it was written in 2000 years ago, am an allegorical reader, you would have to be simple to take it literally.