Flights From Bkk To Uruguay

tutsiwarrior

I may be traveling to Montevideo. Anyone know what this involves in terms of plane changes, etc? Some years ago I flew to LAX from Jakarta and had to stop the night in HKK then continue the next morning...a bit of an ordeal. I wouldn't think that there are any direct flights to Montevideo from SEA...probably BKK to HKK then to Buenos Aires then a connecting flight. I'm thinking of what my wife may have to endure if she followed me on separately.

thanks...tutsi

Just put it through Kayak, and they give you a BKK to JFK to Montevideo on United Airlines, trip duration of around 30 hours.

Personally, whenever I have flown to Argentina out of the USA, I always leave from Miami! I would look at that option, but anyway you look at it, it will be a long haul...........

Just put it through Kayak, and they give you a BKK to JFK to Montevideo on United Airlines, trip duration of around 30 hours.

Personally, whenever I have flown to Argentina out of the USA, I always leave from Miami! I would look at that option, but anyway you look at it, it will be a long haul...........

yeah...I've done Miami to Santa Cruz, Bolivia with stops in Caracas and Manaus about 20 years ago and that was a big drag. Now I'm lookin' at gettin' to a jump off point to MV in the western hemisphere from Thailand...

the trip back to Miami from Bolivia was a gas on Lloyd Aero the bolivian national carrier...once in the air the passengers raided the booze cabinets and turned up the boom boxes and a party alla way to Miami...I did London to Santiago, Chile in 1997 and that was a killer...but it takes a 13 hour flight from BKK to LHR!!!

Know what you mean..........

I have a conference coming up in April in Mexico City. I decided to fly to LA then stay over a day before the 5 1/2 flight down to MEX just to rest my butt.

Unfortunately I will be in MEX for only 48 hours before returning, so I am just dreading this trip.

Edited by Diablo Bob

I have a conference coming up in April in Mexico City. I decided to fly to LA then stay over a day before the 5 1/2 flight down to MEX just to rest my butt.

Unfortunately I will be in MEX for only 48 hours before returning, so I am just dreading this trip.

if you've never been to Mexico City before it's an interesting place with lots to see...one could spend days at the anthopological museum in Chapultepec park looking at the exhibits. Wonderful food as well...some of the best street food I've ever had. Ye just have to watch out for the pickpockets, especially on the metro...all they have to do is lightly brush up against you and yer done...

last time I was there I stayed at a hotel on calle URUGUAY in the old town, can't remember the name but there was a bar on the corner called Cantina Madrid...just like the bar in Treasure of the Sierra Madre...I became a regular...the hotel where DH Lawrence stayed during his sojourn was a couple of blocks down the street, where he wrote the draft for The Plumed Serpent...

nice place...

if you've never been to Mexico City before it's an interesting place with lots to see...one could spend days at the anthopological museum in Chapultepec park looking at the exhibits. Wonderful food as well...some of the best street food I've ever had. Ye just have to watch out for the pickpockets, especially on the metro...all they have to do is lightly brush up against you and yer done...

last time I was there I stayed at a hotel on calle URUGUAY in the old town, can't remember the name but there was a bar on the corner called Cantina Madrid...just like the bar in Treasure of the Sierra Madre...I became a regular...the hotel where DH Lawrence stayed during his sojourn was a couple of blocks down the street, where he wrote the draft for The Plumed Serpent...

nice place...

Back in the late 90s, I lived in Puebla (90 miles due East), so I will be staying in Puebla checking out my old haunts at night and taking the bus into Mexico City every morning. I never really stayed in Mexico City very much, to many people and as you say, not really safe. Still might extend my visit a few extra days so I can max out on Mexican food.

• 2 years later...

Old topic, I know, but...

When I moved in from Uruguay I took a plane from Montevideo to Madrid, another to Paris, from Paris to Cologne and a short train ride to Dusseldorf where I took a flight to Bangkok.

Nearly three days on the move. :o

The Paris stopover wasn't really necessary but I wanted to visit a friend there.

Having said that, the best way would be the Kuala Lumpur-Johannesbough-BsAs route of Malaysia airlines, plus a half an hour long hop on a plane from Bs As to Montevideo.