Road trip

bizader

I am planning to get away from Phuket and i am thinking of a road trip for a week in March. I have already been to Khao Lak, Khao Sok, Ao Nang, Koh Samui and I want to skip those places. Any recommendations on other places that are worth visiting in southern Thailand? Thanks

If you have a week you could drive south to Satun and take the ferry to Langkawi for a 3 day stay then come back up the east coast thru Hatyai , Sonkla etc, easily done in 7 days taking your time, Takes about 7 hours to drive from Phuket to the ferry terminal at Satun then about 1 hour on the ferry to Langkawi, easily done in one day if you leave early.

overnight accommodation is easy to find just about anywhere in Thailand, just start looking for it around 4 PM and you will have no problems finding accommodation that will suite you

Most places you can get a Air conditioned  room with en-suite bathroom for 350 to 450 baht a night 

16 minutes ago, bizader said:

The Phuket - Langkawi trip via Satun sounds interesting..is it safe to leave the car at Satun ferry terminal for a few days?

We left ours there for 4 days without a problem, it is a long way out of the township and seems secure, you can park right next to the terminal building 

We left ours there for 4 days without a problem, it is a long way out of the township and seems secure, you can park right next to the terminal building 

I have done something similar last year except that i went to Koh Lipe, not Langkawi.
I left Phuket the 1st day by car to Lanta. Stayed in Lanta 3 nights ( going around in Lanta, Koh Rok, Koh Kradan..) then took the road again to Satun (I think the same pier to Langkawi). Left the car at the pier and spent 3 nights in Ko Lipe. Then came back straight from Satun to Phuket.
My original plan was to go till Langkawi too but i spent more time in Lanta area and Lipe so i had to cancelled Langkawi...
Roads are nice and easy in that area. I remember that you can leave your car next to the building of the pier or get it secure in a garage for something like 100b/ day, which I did.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk