Advice on a 4WD Truck for mainly farm purposes

deepcell

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Open your eyes and look

Darling, ANY flavour of pickup that belches black smoke has invariably been "chipped". The clue (beyond the lowered suspension and low-profile tires) is in the multicolored thai stickers that the back street chipping shops can't help themselves from plastering on back windows and tailgates.

If not chipped, it's probably just another clapped out (gold) Toyota.

5 minutes ago, transam said:

You have had steering problems since the day it was bought. OK, what problems....?

Anything else...?

I have not had problems with the vigo, i would never buy one.

My sister in law has the problems, i am Isuzu now  and will be fo a long time.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

I have not had problems with the vigo, i would never buy one.

My sister in law has the problems, i am Isuzu now  and will be fo a long time.

Transam even me stuck in a wheelchair have not got all day to list the faults, its a bag of rubbish.

Chummy, that is no answer to someone like me who WANTS to know about Vigo faults...

You say it's a piece of crap but do not tell us why..Lets have clarity...Your input regarding faults helps folk...Go for it...:thumbsup:

Well i am no mechanic, and also it has been translated by the wife so maybe not entirely correct.

Loose joints on the steering, handbrake keeps failing, drivers door not a good fit, it has already been changed but problem persists.

I think your sister in law has been told a load of crap and taken for a ride........

1 minute ago, transam said:

I think your sister in law has been told a load of crap and taken for a ride........

1 minute ago, transam said:

Sorry mate she has not been told crap, i drove the vigo several times before my accident and the handbrake failed when i was using it.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

My eyes are wide open.

There are 5 vehicles within the family.

One 15 year old Isuzu, one 9 year old Isuzu ( was ours but sold to bil).

One 8 month old Isuzu, one 5 year old Vigo ( trouble since the day it was bought )

One 6 year old vios, been in the garage 3 times.

Three Isuzus never a problem. two  Toyotas problems problems.

Answer ISUZU IS FAR BETTER.

what a load of rubbish

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Darling, ANY flavour of pickup that belches black smoke has invariably been "chipped". The clue (beyond the lowered suspension and low-profile tires) is in the multicolored thai stickers that the back street chipping shops can't help themselves from plastering on back windows and tailgates.

If not chipped, it's probably just another clapped out (gold) Toyota.

No all standard looking working pickups in Loei/Udon area.

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Never been let down by my Ford...

Can't comment on the others as I never owned them, although did test drive a few. Ford ticked all my boxes...

No problems in 5+ years :)

Do you use it as a Thai would as a heavy duty farm/ranch vehicle.....?

Could never do this with a Ford truck.....

images-43.jpg

h4uO42uYnQsbws3ZchilBu82F_7m-Y6GWH_TGfvbn1tdUbajH7HnLtL8x_3vcQ0TSfVL64PbfHFXrlbit-2hUhdceMBHbHQAX6J0q19KVd6S82Xl11yT_D_ayrxisoy6zJFSInHojK1P2EXqpGV_ucob12F1OT0=w332-h443-nc.jpg

18 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Why not ??

The Ford box is aluminium over a steel frame.....Two dissimilar metals under stress & load are going to set up a fatigue factor....From what I have heard Ford is providing bed liners now so the truck bed bowing does not show - the liners spring back to original shape....

It doesn't seem like that rear weight load distribution would be advisable with an aluminum bed....Especially if it were a part of the normal operation of the vehicle....The Ford trucks here haven't been abused enough years to see if they would stand up to what Toyota has already proven.....

15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Never been let down by my Ford...

Can't comment on the others as I never owned them, although did test drive a few. Ford ticked all my boxes...

No problems in 5+ years :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but can your Ford do this?

here wego.jpg

Wife's friend has new Ford .Escape ...One Week and Air Con no good.I feel sorry for Ford sometimes .Mrs turned it on for Her. These idiots who bang on about a Toyota that they don't own , know the Service History are as Dim as Ford Bashers,anyway it makes this awful Instant Nescafé bearable

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

39 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Wife's friend has new Ford .Escape ...One Week and Air Con no good.I feel sorry for Ford sometimes .Mrs turned it on for Her. These idiots who bang on about a Toyota that they don't own , know the Service History are as Dim as Ford Bashers,anyway it makes this awful Instant Nescafé bearable

I own a Toyota, a Mitsuishi, and several Honda's, a Yamaha and a Kubota, and once owned a crappy ford.

How new is new? They've not been made for about 5 years.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

Away from all the gun/mud slingers & insult experts whine-ding their way through the thread the OP needs to also look at the other factors in his search.... 

In looking for a "farm" vehicle/hard life truck....

Reliability, longevity, reputation = Toyota,   Probably - Isuzu #2

Dealer availability in his surrounding area = Usually more Toyota dealers around....

Quality of dealer service providers = Toyota // Aftermarket - Toyota, then probably Isuzu....

Part availability now + 5 - 10 years down the road (dealer & aftermarket) = Toyota - 1, Isuzu - probably #2

Ability to withstand abuse = see far more Toyotas overloaded & battered & still rolling year after year, after year....

There have been some good, earnest threads on this with owner's helpful comments based on experience....Covering long term issues & plusses, observations, systems, wear & tear, handling under different conditions....

One thing I've noticed is on long, hard pulls, ripe for an overheating situation I have hardly -  if ever -seen a Toyota pulled off and overheating but have seen many Isuzu's......

Food for thought post only....

Archived