Loei Resorts

plachon

Am heading up to Loei before Xmas and wanted to know any resorts people can recommend. Interested in staying in the Phu Rua - Dan Sai - Phu Luang area most, so any specific recommendations for nice places gratefully received. Price not over 1,500 baht/night preferably.

Am heading up to Loei before Xmas and wanted to know any resorts people can recommend. Interested in staying in the Phu Rua - Dan Sai - Phu Luang area most, so any specific recommendations for nice places gratefully received. Price not over 1,500 baht/night preferably.

Dan Sai is a little pricey - there are not that many decent places to stay for your budget.

Around Phu Rua it is easy to find guesthouses.

Around this area most places cater for rich Thais - loads of places at around 2000 a night and up.

Loeileelawadee resort looks nice - the rooms are carved into the ground.

Hope this helps

Feel free to ask any other questions - I have a house in Dan Sai.

How about a beautiful private villa run be a Brit. He likes to rent the whole five bedroom place but he also rents ensuite rooms for about 700 baht a night to locals when the villa is available. Even if you are not a local you can tell him you are. :o Call Roger at 081 054 7834. It has a fishing lake and a large beautiful swimming pool. You will have the run of the whole house complete with a huge snooker table and a fireplace. It is located near Nong Hin about 50 kilometers south of Muang Loei or 30 kilometers north from Phukradung.

I'll put his website link here but the mods may take it off;

www.highfieldvilla.com

Thanks for the advice guys. Yep, Dan Sai looks a bit pricey on whole and Highfield villa is unfortunately booked up, so had to make the decision to book somewhere in Phu Rua sight unseen, just on the basis of price range about right. Was worried if we left it any later, we may well get up there and find everything booked up, as this cool weather is going to be pulling a lot of people in Loei direction this w/end, I reckon.

As long as its got hot water and thick duvets, then most other things I can put up with. Looking forward to the seas of mists in the morning, passion fruit juice and flowers on display along the roadsides, but could do without the double pricing for the Nat Park. :o