BMA predicts influenza cases this year will jump twofold

webfact

City Hall predicts influenza cases this year will jump twofold

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAiXwfCmbNlFXzZWIrsb4CxmZBY

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has predicted that the number of influenza cases in Bangkok this year is likely to double to over 300,000.

BMA spokeswoman Ms Tridao Apaiwong said Tuesday that the health office of the city administration recorded 1,539 cases in January but without a fatality. The five top districts with the highest incidence of flu are Rachthewi, Phya Thai, Bang Rak, Sapan Soong and Bang Kapi respectively.

To deal with the virus, she said health offices had been instructed to make preparations to treat patients and to prevent infection in health offices. People suspected of catching flu will immediately be given face masks.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/city-hall-predicts-influenza-cases-year-will-jump-twofold/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-01

The mix of vaccines between the various strains of virus was not adequate to give protection for a lot of people in the US, this past year.   It is somewhat a guess as to what strains will emerge, but it is based on scientific studies.   This year the CDC got it wrong.   It does provide protection, but was less effective.   Since Thailand knows this, they may be able to correct the mix of strains to give better immunity.  

And the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration knows that the number of influenza cases will double over the year to 300,000 because......?

Tick the correct answer.

a. In January there were 1539 cases X 12 = 18,468

b. They have ordered 300,000 face masks and 300,000 doses of vaccines and will be paid a substantial commission on the purchase.

c. They have obtained a new and improved crystal ball.

Edited by Brer Fox

7 hours ago, Scott said:

The mix of vaccines between the various strains of virus was not adequate to give protection for a lot of people in the US, this past year.   It is somewhat a guess as to what strains will emerge, but it is based on scientific studies.   This year the CDC got it wrong.   It does provide protection, but was less effective.   Since Thailand knows this, they may be able to correct the mix of strains to give better immunity.  

I.don't any year that NA got it right yet.

3 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

And the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration knows that the number of influenza cases will double over the year to 300,000 because......?

Tick the correct answer.

a. In January there were 1539 cases X 12 = 18,468

b. They have ordered 300,000 face masks and 300,000 doses of vaccines and will be paid a substantial commission on the purchase.

c. They have obtained a new and improved crystal ball.

Sorry to be cynical but I vote for B. Please disclose the number of votes for each ABC and the winner is give me the envelope please drum roll is C ooops sorry this is not the Academy Awards. Mistakes will happen. 

8 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

When I used to drink a lot I noticed I never got sick. 

lol, it could be that not sure. I don't drink that often these days though. I forgot that I have an autoimmune disorder (no not HIV) that revolves around my immune system being slammed into overdrive, so it probably is due to that actually.. 

41 minutes ago, JustNo said:

lol, it could be that not sure. I don't drink that often these days though. I forgot that I have an autoimmune disorder (no not HIV) that revolves around my immune system being slammed into overdrive, so it probably is due to that actually.. 

Thanks for the reply take care of yourself. I hope your not alone. The immune system can be a tricky item to deal with. Touch wood I am doing OK. 

On 1/03/2017 at 6:54 AM, Scott said:

One would in my opinion have to be mentally challenged to get a flu shot, or any type of vaccine for that matter, for oneself or one's children, because there is NO scientific evidence that vaccines prevent infectious diseases, or save lives.

The truth is that vaccines don't prevent, but promote ill-health, which is the real reason why these poison injections are being pushed. Taking a flu shot for five years in a row furthermore carries a ten-fold increased risk of Alzheimer's.

What's wrong with getting the flu anyway? Having the flu gives the immune system the opportunity for a work-out, so it's all good. Flu symptoms are in any case a side-effect of the  flu vaccine, so why bother?  .

http://www.vaccinationinformationnetwork.com/dr-blaylock-vaccine-program-based-upon-nonsense-fear-fairy-tales/

640.jpg

We don't allow posts which are considered quackery on the forum so post with care.   I grew up in the polio era and it's amazing how it went from a major epidemic to almost nothing with the introduction of the vaccine.  

I was not vaccinated for anything as a child for a variety of reasons, one of which was living in a somewhat remote area where vaccination wasn't easily available and when we did get to a place where it was available, they were out.   So it just didn't happen.

Many years ago, I was crossing though a hilly, heavily wooded area when I tripped over a stone and noticed that there were a lot of large stones in this area.   A closer look, showed it was a long abandoned graveyard.   It turned out there was an entire small village in the area and the people had all died of the flu.   What prompted my curiosity was that the date of death for all of the people was very, very close in time.   I also remember the outbreak of the Hong Kong Flu and knew several people who succumbed to it, although good medical care was available.

I now get a flu shot each year and haven't been stricken with the flu nor have I had any ill effect from the vaccine.