Bad weather blamed for bear’s death plunge from chopper

webfact

Bad weather blamed for bear’s death plunge from chopper
By THE NATION

be93cd41681be16b1ab3532eb3d1c62f-sld.jpe

BANGKOK: -- A MEMBER of a team responsible for reintroducing a bear back into nature yesterday said the animal’s fatal plunge from a helicopter was an unavoidable accident caused by sudden turbulent weather.

Thanatip Chaiyos, a volunteer photographer, was part of a mission to move the five-year-old Asian black bear back to forest, which ended tragically on February 11, sparking criticism from wildlife activists.

The bear had been found wandering into villagers’ houses and eating their crops on November 30 last year.

A team of vets, park officials and Thanatip then captured the bear near Wangmuang waterfall in Nakhon Nayok’s Pakplee district.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30307554 

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-01

Of course, the stupidity of the bear's handlers was not a factor.  The weather caused the bear to wake from his drug induced lethargy and fall from his position inside the helo where he was not secured in anyway.  Weather can do strange things like that.  It can also cause people to drink too much and drive recklessly.  Weather can be a real b#@ch!!!  

Warning to tourists traveling in Thailand, beware of the weather!  It could be hazardous to your health.

Ah now I understand.  The idiots in this helicopter forgot to give the bear its air sickness pills.  Therefore when they ran into turbulence the bear, wanting to throw up. put its head over the edge of the net and fell out by accident.

Of course nobodies fault,  never is in Thailand . It is always someone else, usually a foreigner, or some other lame excuse why Thai's never accept responsibility for anything , in this case animal cruelty.

I don't get mad at these statements by childish Thais anymore because I know why they make them. In situations such as this when they are utterly inept, they cannot accept the shame but deep down know they are inept. Karma is a bitch and there will be no enlightenment for any Buddhist that cannot admit wrongdoing. They're bad I'm afraid. Result: perpetual rebirth into a shitty world.

Yes, previous 'story' was of an insufficiently tranquilised netted bear inside the aircraft that awoke. Presume the latest headline is the cover up in the working. Brings to mind of "when you're in a hole stopped digging". Sad.

"...animal’s fatal plunge from a helicopter was an unavoidable accident caused by sudden turbulent weather."

Well, if you look back over the weather patterns for the past million years, there has been ongoing sudden turbulent weather in the area in which Thailand is situated . However, this is the first time a bear has plunged to its death from a helicopter. 

Can it be that it wasn't the weather's fault, and perhaps human error is to blame? No, TIT. It's always someone's or something else' fault. Great save of face!!! The weather can't defend itself. Doesn't really matter. If it could, it would be hauled into court for defamation of character. 

Edited by jaltsc

If weather was the proximate cause, then there would be no negligence and a 'act of god, nature defense would apply.' With no other evidence, there would be no legal liability.

4 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Ah now I understand.  The idiots in this helicopter forgot to give the bear its air sickness pills.  Therefore when they ran into turbulence the bear, wanting to throw up. put its head over the edge of the net and fell out by accident.

Of course nobodies fault,  never is in Thailand . It is always someone else, usually a foreigner, or some other lame excuse why Thai's never accept responsibility for anything , in this case animal cruelty.

I have lived in Thailand for well over 25 years and I have never, even once, heard a Thai accept responsibility for anything. Anything at all.

6 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

It was the bear's fault, they were just being diplomatic when they blamed the weather. The bear had all the safety procedures explained and appeared to acknowledge them, only to start panicking irrationally when the wind picked up. 

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have lived in Thailand for well over 25 years and I have never, even once, heard a Thai accept responsibility for anything. Anything at all.

Wish I could give more likes to this. Absolutely spot on. Japan is quite the opposite. My coworkers are constantly apologizing for anything and everything. Sometimes it is a bit much, but at least when things actually do go wrong they will man up and admit it.

Edited by bkkgriz

5 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Here is how professionals return animals to the wild

I went to Banff when I was young and I thought I seen Bison there but maybe a another part of Alberta. That said there was a bunch of bison near where I lived in Ontario. A few miles from me. Saw the black bears at the dump in Banff. People went there to watch them.