Appeals Court upholds death penalty for Koh Tao murders

Jonathan Fairfield

16 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

Provide a link to prove it otherwise this post will have to be removed.

Dan, you know perfectly well that the defence asked for the dna to be re-tested independently. Firstly, the police offered to re-test it themselves, which was declined, then they offered dna to the defence for re-testing, which the defence declined when they realised they were being offered 'replicated' dna and not the original sample. Why you persist with this nonsense.....well.....

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

Provide a link to prove it otherwise this post will have to be removed.

So the KT apologists have reinvented themselves as mods now?  There are a couple of hard core posters in these threads who troll and bait and misinform with apparent impunity.  As one leaves another arrives.

37 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

No opology needed 

I do think that there is a need for you to opologise, because you labelled me as being a liar and I backed up what I said .

Fair enough, you are quite welcome to disagree with what I said or add anything further .

But I quite clearly wasnt lying, I backed up what I stated ,You should either withdraw your allegation or opologise, preferably both

44 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do think that there is a need for you to opologise, because you labelled me as being a liar and I backed up what I said .

Fair enough, you are quite welcome to disagree with what I said or add anything further .

But I quite clearly wasnt lying, I backed up what I stated ,You should either withdraw your allegation or opologise, preferably both

No still not getting an apology your statement was incorrect.

https://www.google.com.sg/search?client=ms-android-acer&hl=en-US&oe=utf-8&safe=images&q=retest+dna+koh+tao&source=browser-type&qsubts=1488464496082

"The court said that the lawyers are free to request all the dna samples for independent dna testing at any time"

Maybe you should pop along to Andy Halls FB and get him to clarify it for you.

5 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

https://www.google.com.sg/search?client=ms-android-acer&hl=en-US&oe=utf-8&safe=images&q=retest+dna+koh+tao&source=browser-type&qsubts=1488464496082

"The court said that the lawyers are free to request all the dna samples for independent dna testing at any time"

Maybe you should pop along to Andy Halls FB and get him to clarify it for you.

You link comes up with

The defence team for two Myanmar nationals accused of murdering a pair of British backpackers in Thailand confirmed yesterday that they will not be able to retest crucial DNA samples taken from the victims’ bodies. “The court order means no possible retest on DNA samples from Hannah and David’s bodies,” said Andy Hall, a migrant rights activist who is advising the defence team.

http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/national-news/15463-koh-tao-crucial-evidence-will-not-be-retested.html

Ha ha

Edited by sanemax

15 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

My statement was 100 % correct .

The defense asked the Judge to independently re test all the DNA samples,( and we are talking about the DNA samples from with in the deceased .)

The Judge refused and would only allow some items to be re tested by the Police force again which isnt "independently " and the Police claimed that there were no DNA swabs left from the victims , so DNA swabs from the victims could not be re tested by anyone, and thats the DNA that we are talking about

My post was 100 % correct .

Will you be apologizing for calling me a liar?

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

You link comes up with

The defence team for two Myanmar nationals accused of murdering a pair of British backpackers in Thailand confirmed yesterday that they will not be able to retest crucial DNA samples taken from the victims’ bodies. “The court order means no possible retest on DNA samples from Hannah and David’s bodies,” said Andy Hall, a migrant rights activist who is advising the defence team.

http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/national-news/15463-koh-tao-crucial-evidence-will-not-be-retested.html

Ha ha

Just in case you don't know Nakhorn is the lead defense lawyer in this case not Andy Hall who's is convicted criminal,

The defense were the ones who declined to retest the DNA so you can. Keep trying to spin it as much as you want it won't change the facts

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/defence_team_reverse_demands_to_retest_dna_found_on_body_of_hannah_witheridge_1_4204183

10 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

Just in case you don't know Nakhorn is the lead defense lawyer in this case not Andy Hall who's is convicted criminal,

The defense were the ones who declined to retest the DNA so you can. Keep trying to spin it as much as you want it won't change the facts

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/defence_team_reverse_demands_to_retest_dna_found_on_body_of_hannah_witheridge_1_4204183

You said the same thing in your previous post, please see my reply to that post you made, because I will be saying thre same thing i.e

The defense asked the Judge to independently re test all the DNA samples,( and we are talking about the DNA samples from with in the deceased .)

The Judge refused and would only allow some items to be re tested by the Police force again which isnt "independently " and the Police claimed that there were no DNA swabs left from the victims , so DNA swabs from the victims could not be re tested by anyone, and thats the DNA that we are talking about

21 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

The defence declined to re-test 'replicated' dna. They were never offered original dna recovered from Hannah's body.

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You said the same thing in your previous post, please see my reply to that post you made, because I will be saying thre same thing i.e

I believe you're fairly new to the Koh Tao murders discussions Max. You will have by now realased that most of us are trying to get to the truth of this, but a very small minority are only here to muddy the waters. Their ringleader should be along tomorrow - he normally waits a couple of days to make a grand entrance after the softening-up by the first wave, hoping that others have somewhat argued themselves out by then.

18 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

I believe you're fairly new to the Koh Tao murders discussions Max. You will have by now realased that most of us are trying to get to the truth of this, but a very small minority are only here to muddy the waters. Their ringleader should be along tomorrow - he normally waits a couple of days to make a grand entrance after the softening-up by the first wave, hoping that others have somewhat argued themselves out by then.

:laugh:

Hopefully, the thuggish element have collapsed in to  Chang induced bliss.

The spoiler in this case is the bungling.  In my mind, it is an unsafe conviction by way of technicalities.  That is not to say the b2 are innocent, far from it, indeed I am now more or less convinced they played a part in the unhappy couples demise, though quite what that part is I am uncertain.  It might be they were convicted on the wrong charge.  And I have a marked suspicion at least one important player has not been brought to book.

There were allegations of forced confession, as well as the bungles.  As we've seen on the forum boards, an underhand element can bring order in to disrepute very easily- not that in this case there was not sufficient grounds. Thus, many now see very credible evidence as having no standing, and question the very integrity of the Thai Judicial system even at the highest levels. 

Perhaps the worst aspect is that some can be so blinded by the alleged failings of a nation, that they become oblivious of the depth and width of their own dark shadows, culminating in the absurd situation where undeserving characters in this sorry, lurid tale become championed as heroes instead of villains, whereas of course our thoughts should first, foremost, and last lay with the real victims.

It's a sorry case all round. 

as I keep saying and will keep saying - police cannot simply claim they have a DNA match without it being open to scrutiny by the defence, that concept is simple and applies to all physical evidence, the police must retain original samples that can be provided to be independently verified otherwise it is just a claim and cannot be proven either way, that is why there are international recognised standards and procedures that must be followed regarding DNA, this case would never have got past the gate in the west, the defence and the court simply cannot be expected to accept physical evidence were they cannot retest it and have it verified - if nothing else it is plain common sense

and make no mistake - the claimed DNA samples would have been huge in quantity and available from many sources including the medical examiner/coroner  who would also have taken many samples and kept them, it would have been a simple task to maintain original samples as they are obligated to do - but no - they don't exist or yes we have extracts we already processed - utter nonsense and anyone that believes this crap really needs to take a long time in a quiet padded room

and if the police were so confident in the DNA evidence they claimed to have and tested then why not get the independent CIFS to retest it just to confirm the results and remove any doubt, not a chance in hell and anyone with even a limited ability to think for themselves will know exactly why.

2 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Do you have any proovs for your claim,or are you just a chatterbox?

How can it be explained that the same judge attained in the first instance is the one in the appeal court as well ??? Isnt that shameful enough ????

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

And above the link ,where the real culprits was exposed   in the very begin......

We all know the rest of the following farce investigations.....

19 minutes ago, roo860 said:

This so called "local mafia", has anyone on TVF had any dealing with them, ie threats, witnessed assaults? Posters that live or have lived on the island, not something they were told happened by a guy in a bar etc.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

A part from a story of a young foreign woman , which was forced to stay at the island by keeping her passport, as she told me confidentally, i was also told once by a local family member of the infamous clan, from which i rented a bungalow,  that he had killed a australian guy before, thrown him in the sea and paid a hugh amount to police to cover the incident. This was after i had a minor argue / misunderstanding with a third person running a little shop nearby.

The same person is also well known been shooting his son, so  i was told by local thai people and i was really scared to death after the harsh "warning".

I immediately left the premise to stay a few nights at the other end of the island seeking help from other locals to sort out the situation ...

no fake story !!

Edited by thetruth revealer

A part from a story of a young foreign woman , which was forced to stay at the island by keeping her passport, as she told me confidentally, i was also told once by a local family member of the infamous clan, from which i rented a bungalow,  that he had killed a australian guy before, thrown him in the sea and paid a hugh amount to police to cover the incident. This was after i had a minor argue / misunderstanding with a third person running a little shop nearby.
The same person is also well known been shooting his son, so  i was told by local thai people and i was really scared to death after the harsh "warning".
I immediately left the premise to stay a few nights at the other end of the island seeking help from other locals to sort out the situation ...

no fake story !!

So that's a "no" then?

A number of off-topic troll posts and argumentative posts have been removed from this thread.

Rather than respond to a troll or baiting post and inflaming the situation, members are encouraged to use the Report function, and an on-line moderator will deal with it.

On 3/1/2017 at 5:27 PM, nikmar said:

"In its ruling, made secretly on Feb. 23, the Koh Samui court said evidence presented by the state in the original trial was adequate and reliable"

NOT adequate and NOT reliable.

Cowards putting innocents to death in their darkened chamber.  Hope they feek the wrath of karma some day.

no fake story !!

You ever mention this story when the two were murdered? There was a lot of talk at this time about a local mafia being involved.

15 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

Cowards putting innocents to death in their darkened chamber.  Hope they feek the wrath of karma some day.

The high court will be a different matter, no faces to save with not guilty verdict after reviewing all the nonsense and non evidence. 

Just now, roo860 said:

You ever mention this story when the two were murdered? There was a lot of talk at this time about a local mafia being involved.

Honestly , if you think trough what could / would be the outcome of such accusations and the following consequences , would you have brought this to public attention ??? If these people are aible to pay off Police with 1 M Bath to cover such " accidents" , guess what else could happen ...?  You may sleep much better if not doing so..

Honestly , if you think trough what could / would be the outcome of such accusations and the following consequences , would you have brought this to public attention ??? If these people are aible to pay off Police with 1 M Bath to cover such " accidents" , guess what else could happen ...?  You may sleep much better if not doing so..

And they would find you, how? I don't reckon they can find you through TVF. I'm saying there was quite a few people questioning this mafia thing, I think the murdered girls sister said she'd been threatened, but this was while she was in the UK. So they were going to send a hitman to the UK, of course they were, someone been watching too many films.

2 minutes ago, roo860 said:

And they would find you, how? I don't reckon they can find you through TVF. I'm saying there was quite a few people questioning this mafia thing, I think the murdered girls sister said she'd been threatened, but this was while she was in the UK. So they were going to send a hitman to the UK, of course they were, someone been watching too many films.

Do I get this right: you are questioning, that such thing as a mafia or island- mafia exists?

If so: are you even living in Thailand?

21 minutes ago, roo860 said:

...well, i live in Chiangmai and some of my  FB contacts , are also somehow related with people on Ko Tao. Wouldnt be difficult i guess...Especially if there would be my statement filed at Police with my full Name, Adress etc .

If you ever spent a few months or longer on KT , then you know how things happen there...

I just remember after the case we are talking about now, there was a french man found hanging in his bungalow , with his hands backside and  tied , and guess what, it was ruled SUICIDE.

Maybe there wouldnt have been any actions taken , but if...? Would you like to risk that ???

...well, i live in Chiangmai and some of my  FB contacts , are also somehow related with people on Ko Tao. Wouldnt be difficult i guess...Especially if there would be my statement filed at Police with my full Name, Adress etc .

If you ever spent a few months or longer on KT , then you know how things happen there...

I just remember after the case we are talking about now, there was a french man found hanging in his bungalow , with his hands backside and  tied , and guess what, it was ruled SUICIDE.

Maybe there wouldnt have been any actions taken , but if...? Would you like to risk that ???

Sorry mate I made a mistake, I should have said without going to the police to make a statement.

3 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Sorry mate I made a mistake, I should have said without going to the police to make a statement.

Thats ok.

I was actually thinking about it, but finally the possible negative consequences overruled the most probably unfruitful claim, thats why i never made this statement anywhere before.

What would it change ???

14 minutes ago, roo860 said:

There certainly are mafia type gangs here in Thailand, as Thailand is where I am. We were discussing a specific island.

A specific island, where drugs are freely available and everybody knows it!

Care to explain, how this would be possible, without mafia-like structures and the involvement of ...hmmm...let's say...THE POLICE?

Thats ok.
I was actually thinking about it, but finally the possible negative consequences overruled the most probably unfruitful claim, thats why i never made this statement anywhere before.
What would it change ???

Wouldn't change anything, it's just at that time I can't recall anyone posting they'd had any contact with the local mob.
Anyway no worries, thanks for your input.