Thai govt will attract sport tourists to stimulate tourism

webfact

oh yes ....   I can just see it now     !     come to Thailand,   no banging here ...  only diamonds and ruby's  ..... 

new massage shops everywhere with names like ....  topaz pingpong massage ,   and quartz rub down massage ....

Thailand appears to be  a hub for several activities if the daily news we hear and read are true.

pickpockets

necklace snitch from a motorcycle

run down the tourist / local in the crosswalk

tourist shakedown by bib

And my favorite, the fastest EMS service vs bib, as the injured are already in transport from accident scene prior to arrival of bib.

Ifs true Thailand clearly need much more open air multi function  sports courts and children playgrounds.example beaches with much more volleyball courts,exercise areas and maybe trampoline for children more parks for walking etc etc.Thailand have great climate people should walking way more.

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

That is 100,000 a day...........If true then they certainly did not come through Swampy............

Deluded

Deranged

Demented

Desperate

Dazed

Disturbed

Look. In thailand they count differently. When i tell them the euro is 40thb they all think im 40x richer than them. My point: dont bother understanding nor explaining maths/numbers in thailand. Unless u have a ver large and ver sloooooooooow calculator at hand.

Promote the Sex tourism more,it's a know winner ,for a long

time,or short time however you look at it, some guys will fall in 

love with girls from Isaan, build houses,vets bills for the sick

buffalos, and will end up spending a lot more than the high

grade tourists you are always looking for.

regards worgeordie

......to see and join in various sporting events, said the minister. 
Then the tenfold entrance fees for foreigners to see the Muay Thai boxing battles are certainly a bit of a hindrance.

..... leading Thailand as the hub of gems and jewelry...
Unfortunately Thailand has a very bad reputation, caused by the many scammers who for decades have been able to sell unhindered their glass beads to unsuspecting tourists. This is described in countless tour guides.
Also within the new target group: -
Asian tourists, especially Chinese, Indian and ASEAN tourists - this will quickly spread around.

In order to generate business in the future, the double-pricing system would have to be abolished and the constant fraudulent gangs, which have been haunting the tourists for decades  (there are always the same criminals, only the names of their shops are changing), must withdrawn from circulation.

Edited by tomacht8

Lift the ban on deep water soloing. Lots of my friends used to enjoy this sport in Krabi but it was deemed dangerous and banned last year. If proffesional deep water soloing was regulated properly with the correct safety precautions it should be allowed. Come on TAT, bring back this extreme sport and you'll make a lot of climbing enthuiast's very happy.

God bless her little pea picken heart she is at it again with numbers to back things up. Must have worked the bean counters 24/7. When I first considered coming here it was all those brochures and alluring adds showing beautiful young ladies like sirens waving in the breeze that enticed me. For the sake of disclosure I did find one. Better put this mode of advertising on cancellation and withdrawal. Bring out the sports stars and tennis raquets. No dog racing betting not allowed not in the spirit of the "new" Thailand. 

3 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Came for sports got arrested and fined for feeding fishes 555. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Went about this in the wrong way. Should have caught the fish in a sporting manner force fed it and released it. Now that is sporting. 

44 minutes ago, jonclark said:

What exactly are these sporting events for tourists to attend - football matches???

Soapies (watersport) Short time (suhprint). Longtime (malaton). What else?

As I understand it gem scams are one of the big problems for tourists. Tourists

being sold low quality gems for vastly inflated prices. Now sure how the government

will square this circle. First telling gem companies they have to stop ripping off

tourists and nor promoting the same gem companies to tourists. :whistling:

1 hour ago, jonclark said:

What exactly are these sporting events for tourists to attend - football matches???

Yes but hardly any Thais attend them.  Those I have occasionally watched on TV, being too lazy to locate the remote control, seem to have no more than a few hundred spectators, despite the tourist minister once saying that Thailand was an avid supporter of Football.  In some ways that is true of course, if you bring into account TV coverage of Manchester United , Liverpool and perhaps even Leicester City nowadays.

This year, the target tourist group is sport tourists. This group of quality tourists travel with their families, have high purchasing power and stay in Thailand for a long time to see and join in various sporting events, said the minister.

Wow, now they start to make Thailand a hub for all kind of sports.....

Cheating, killing, stealing, fighting,.....what else? I forgot something?

14 hours ago, kannot said:

I thought thy didnt want us staying a "long  time"

Me too and this should be well known as it is written "short time" everywhere...;)

Edited by ttrd

Sex brings more revenue to Thailand than any other service or product they have to offer a tourist by far hands down. They have no idea as it is illegal and not monitored or taxed, but almost all of it gets spent here by the prostitutes, cops, bar owners, and their families. 

A constant stream of deluded and ridiculous comments from that woman over a few years now. Why don't they concentrate on what they are good at and promote being the hub of sex. At least it is honest and would attract more tourists who perhaps don't know this. :)

Asian tourists, especially Chinese, Indian and ASEAN tourists, are the target group of a plan to develop the country as the gems and jewelry hub

as they are the only ones left that ain,t been ripped off yet

can't wait to hear Olympics next on the agenda, mind you only the bon>ing kind

18 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Maybe a Formula 1 race on the Rattanakosin island, or the start of the Tour de France might be good ideas. Or a Standard Chartered half marathon of 30 kilometers.  How about the Futsal debacle in the newly build Futsal Arena. 

I will believe this TAT statement the day Ineptitude becomes an Olympic discipline.

It's the Ministry of Silly Sports... 

2 hours ago, bobbymack said:

A constant stream of deluded and ridiculous comments from that woman over a few years now. Why don't they concentrate on what they are good at and promote being the hub of sex. At least it is honest and would attract more tourists who perhaps don't know this. :)

Yes, perhaps they need a Ministry of Adult Sports.