Abortion in Thailand: More safe and legal than you may have thought

webfact

Abortion in Thailand: More safe and legal than you may have thought

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

IMG_3551.jpg  

Pictured above: A sign in front of a clinic providing safe and legal abortion run by Planned Parenthood Association of Thailand in northern Bangkok

BANGKOK — The small clinic has only four sections: a reception area, restrooms, counseling room and an area where the actual procedure is performed.

Located just off busy Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, it’s run by the Planned Parenthood Association of Thailand, an organization that pioneered the concept of family planning, with much success, in the country over 40 years ago.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017/03/03/abortion-thailand-safe-legal-may-thought/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-03-03

As I said in a previous post.  Abortions in Thailand are legal and many years ago it was certainly possible to use the facility in Chiang Mai.  In fact my wife and I helped our toddler son's nanny when she became pregnant and also a frightened 15 year old neighbours daughter after she was made pregnant by a relative.

Never thought about it! I live by the code that if two people agree to have a child they love it and take care of it. Call me old fashioned, but I love that!
Everything else is just stupid people, bad planning and uneducation about securing yourself.
After that. What´s the fuzz. Wanna make an abortion? Just do one, beofre the prescribed time when it´s to late. 
How G.D. hard can it be. Me four year old daugther undrestand this!

17 hours ago, abab said:

They are not the only one, it can be done at some other official places.

I don't know what the proceedures are in clinic shown above but abortions are easy to get in Thailand so long as a doctor certifies that it is for the health of the mother or that the fetus "may" be defective 

18 hours ago, Get Real said:

Never thought about it! I live by the code that if two people agree to have a child they love it and take care of it. Call me old fashioned, but I love that!
Everything else is just stupid people, bad planning and uneducation about securing yourself.
After that. What´s the fuzz. Wanna make an abortion? Just do one, beofre the prescribed time when it´s to late. 
How G.D. hard can it be. Me four year old daugther undrestand this!

so when a girl gets raped and becomes pregnant, is that just bad planning. 

33 minutes ago, Bernard Flint said:

so when a girl gets raped and becomes pregnant, is that just bad planning. 

That must have been one of the most intelligent quotes I have got so far. Where did you find anything saying that in my post? Maybe you read things that isn´t there, or just did not understand what you just read?

Funny, last time I posted a reply to a topic seeking advice on abortion and mentioned this facility - under Royal patronage - my post was deleted and then a whole bunch of "Thaivisa experts' jumped onto the topic decrying how abortion is illegal in Thailand ... pure <deleted>.