Phuket residents left alarmed by dog stabbing incident

webfact

Phuket residents left alarmed by dog stabbing incident

Eakkapop Thongtub

1488515124_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers administer first aid before taking the dog to a vetinary clinic. Photo: Kusoldharm Rescue Team

PHUKET: -- Residents of Baan Borae in Wichit have been left alarmed after a dog was found yesterday lying in the street with stab wounds to its chest and neck.

At 8pm yesterday (Mar 2), Kusoldharm rescue workers were informed by a couple that they had found a dog which had been stabbed in Baan Borae, Wichit.

Rescue workers attended the scene and found the couple cradling a distraught dog which had been stabbed in its chest and neck.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-residents-left-alarmed-by-dog-stabbing-incident-61234.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-03

What about all the dogs injured by being run over, all the ones starving, all the ones with diseases and parasites, all the ones suffering with no one taking them to a vet, etc etc?  All that cruelty seems fine then. 

Amazing how a stay dog that is stabbed gets more attention and sympathy than a human child being beaten or abused, or poor people starving and living in poverty.  Once the dog is patched up will it be dumped back on the street?

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

What about all the dogs injured by being run over, all the ones starving, all the ones with diseases and parasites, all the ones suffering with no one taking them to a vet, etc etc?  All that cruelty seems fine then. 

Amazing how a stay dog that is stabbed gets more attention and sympathy than a human child being beaten or abused, or poor people starving and living in poverty.  Once the dog is patched up will it be dumped back on the street?

no incidence overlooked in order to criticise and/or present negative comments pertaining to Thailand and Thai people  :sick:

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I do wonder if this stray had chased someone and met a fate of a person just protecting themselves. I have been attacked 4 times this month. I protect myself now and those attackers not likely to do again.

4 times in 1 month. You should ask yourself what's wrong with you and why this happened!

Read the full story. It wasn't a stray. The neighbours knew whose dog it was, but that they were out.

I have a dog. I go out sometimes too. I would hope no one would stab my dog while I was out.

Nice to know some people s neighbours care.

My neighbours are muslim, and my dog killed their cat while it was fishing at my pond.

They still say Hello and occasionally throw some scraps his way.

Anyone that hurts an animal, especially by stabbing it, is sick.

I hope they find the son of a <deleted>.

12 hours ago, schlog said:

4 times in 1 month. You should ask yourself what's wrong with you and why this happened!

Only response I can offer is I exercise daily. More than that ask the dogs. I blame the owners for not being responsible having there dog on public property attacking passer by's. Protecting masters property is fine, going after cycle's the get what they deserve. None of them do it again I assure you.

Edited by earlinclaifornia

13 hours ago, Naam said:

no incidence overlooked in order to criticise and/or present negative comments pertaining to Thailand and Thai people  :sick:

I cant see any of the comments are anything other than the TRUTH

Apologists who are in denial are not a rare occurrence on Thaivisa

Soi dogs, and irresponsible dog owners who just happen to go out are a major problem in Thailand

I wont even mention the latest rabies out break, I dont want to be accused of negative comments when everything is just Hunky - Dory

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Read the full story. It wasn't a stray. The neighbours knew whose dog it was, but that they were out.

I have a dog. I go out sometimes too. I would hope no one would stab my dog while I was out.

Nice to know some people s neighbours care.

My neighbours are muslim, and my dog killed their cat while it was fishing at my pond.

They still say Hello and occasionally throw some scraps his way.

Anyone that hurts an animal, especially by stabbing it, is sick.

I hope they find the son of a bitch.

Simple answer keep YOUR dog under control at all times, including when you have to go out

Oh if everything in life was so simple and so easily sorted

15 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I do wonder if this stray had chased someone and met a fate of a person just protecting themselves. I have been attacked 4 times this month. I protect myself now and those attackers not likely to do again.

Suggest you read up or get a dog trainer to to teach you how to behave around dogs.  If you have been attacked 4 times in a month the problem is you rather than the dogs. Except if a dog has rabies very few dogs will attack someone who is not being aggressive to them.

3 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

Suggest you read up or get a dog trainer to to teach you how to behave around dogs.  If you have been attacked 4 times in a month the problem is you rather than the dogs. Except if a dog has rabies very few dogs will attack someone who is not being aggressive to them.

I have a dog who is always leashes when I walk him and is never allowed outside the yard alone. .  Soi dogs are a menace. I have to walk with a stick because of the little shits s running loose whilst thais laugh as they growl and snarl at my dog and try to bite . . . My dog is a bull terrier and could handle himself,  trained and obidedient but would I want him to be bitten by these mutts no. So if they come close they get whacked .  So your comment about it being the human fault is right except you have the wrong culprits,  it's the locals and foreigners who have allowed the problems of soi dogs to exist. . . . Not the walkers,  joggers,  bike users or responsible dog walkers. 

Edited by swbaggies

25 minutes ago, swbaggies said:

I have a dog who is always leashes when I walk him and is never allowed outside the yard alone. .  Soi dogs are a menace. I have to walk with a stick because of the little shits s running loose whilst thais laugh as they growl and snarl at my dog and try to bite . . . My dog is a bull terrier and could handle himself,  trained and obidedient but would I want him to be bitten by these mutts no. So if they come close they get whacked .  So your comment about it being the human fault is right except you have the wrong culprits,  it's the locals and foreigners who have allowed the problems of soi dogs to exist. . . . Not the walkers,  joggers,  bike users or responsible dog walkers. 

Thank's for the correct posting. That person is in denial or has another sort of problem.

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:45 PM, Naam said:

Sorry, do you think I am making negative comments about Thai people?

I am making negative comments to HUMAN beings, Thai, Farang and the rest, who just walk by every day ignoring the suffering of so many neglected and abused dogs.  Then these people like to show a false big display of humanity and care over one case of one dog. 

On 03/03/2017 at 3:09 PM, jak2002003 said:

This topic is about a particular dog being cruelly and brutally stabbed, stay on it.

On 04/03/2017 at 11:21 AM, swbaggies said:

I have noticed with dismay, the complete lack of community pets here now, three of which I'd adopted. This place is getting more soulless by the day. 

As to those posters continually whinging about the way things are here, with their petty nasty remarks (can you imagine any other forum anywhere having to close a topic on the demise of a much loved and admired humanitarian who'd made a significant difference to not only her environment but had inspired people to follow her example across the region? Shameful ) Go tf home.

On 3/4/2017 at 8:10 AM, futsukayoi said:

Suggest you read up or get a dog trainer to to teach you how to behave around dogs.  If you have been attacked 4 times in a month the problem is you rather than the dogs

That is such a naive comment.  The semi-feral soi dogs are a nuisance problem of huge proportions throughout any human habitation in Thailand.  I cannot understand what appears to be the ambivalent attitude towards stray animals here.Some "kindly" people provide some occasional food that is not quiote enough to keep the poor animals healthy.  No-one wants to provide proper shelter, safe places to sleep, or medical attention as required.  Perople sem to think it's nice to have animals around, but no-one wants to take responsibility for them in any meaningful way. As a result,  stray dogs and cats lead harsh lives with cruel endings.  They'e fodder for ticks, fleas and countless parasites that infect them.  Who knows how many children and others suffer illnesses as a result of unknowingly sharing residential areas with these semi-starving, mangy creatures?

I love animals and treasure them as pets and companions, but I can't bleed for every stray that looks at me imploringly for a hand-out.

The limited "kindliness" of people who seem to derive pleasure from creating a sub-culture of sickly, suffering creatures bereft of proper care in their neighbourhoods is a cruelty in reality.  Regular culls - if mass de-sexing programs are too difficult to administer - would be a kindness. It's a wonder rabies occurs - so far - in few areas.

I helped out a neighbourhood stray dog when I moved in to my place in August. The medicine and food lent him to move in to my driveway. But the horrendous amount of  ticks, fleas and countless parasites was so bad my fiance blocked the entrance in fears of my children's health. The dog situation is a problem here and seems unnoticed