Important Things To <deleted> About

Gonzo the Face

To all those whose list of important things to complain is jussssst too large to remember certain days........ HAPPY ST. PATRICkS DAY

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed from topic title: 8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Early a bit what. So I will <deleted> ...St Patrick's Day is the 17th.

yet nothing for St David's Day since Old Belle passed away ( that was March 1st).  

Cymru Am Byth

Ps might as well throw Tiocfaidh ár lá, for the six counties still in bondage

Growing up as a kid in Ireland it was never a big thing ....went to Seattle and Boston when older for St Patrick's Day at it was crazy, nothing like Ireland at all. Painting the streets green, singing Irish songs I never heard before ( I suppose all yearning for Ireland type stuff while I was at the time yearning to get out), green beer etc etc  I heard the Irish traditional "40 Shades of Green" for example, written by Johnny Cash!!!!. 

We tended when young to celebrate Easter much more from both a religious and nationalistic viewpoint, as in 1916 Easter Rebellion so would sing songs like "Boys of the Old Brigade" and "Kevin Barry" , and toast Éamon de Valera  (born in New York and representations by US consulate were a contributor to him not getting executed with the other leaders).

Now it is a much bigger thing in Ireland. I suppose it's like contrasting Songkran in CM now with Songkran in CM 50 years ago.

Edited by mamborobert

27 minutes ago, Gonzo the Face said:

In definitely have lived past my 'use by date'......  I was under the mental fugue that today was  the 17th........ time for the guys with the white coats   thanks for that M..Bo..Bo

Surely not past "use by date" but perhaps like a lot of us past our "best before date". 

You are not Robinson Crusoe on this. I can remember dates important to me no problem.....but please never ever ask me what day of the week it is.

7 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

I was under the mental fugue   ........ time for the guys with the white coats ........

Exactly why your posts are always worth reading !

cheers, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37
surgery necessary to save patient

More importantly, Songkran is coming up. St Patrick's is some Irish thing isn't it? What's that got to do with Thailand? Unless one is promoting business (:whistling:), don't understand the misplaced nationalistic pride after one has abandoned their country to live in another.