Grand Filano vs PCX150

9 minutes ago, canerandagio said:

Chaeng Wattana told me they only issue the certificate of residence if I provide a 90-day police report, which I don't have

They probably ment 90 report from immigration (which would be Chaeng Wattana themselves) and not regular police.

I highly doubt that there is any official order nor law that requires this but as we all know they make up their own rules as they see fit. You might try a different immigration office if possible. There are many places where getting a residency certificate on a tourist visa is not an issue. Also with a non-O visa I don't think you'd have to wait three months to do a 90 day report in order to get that certificate.

Regarding the helmet: I strongly suggest for your own safety to look for a Bilmola/Real/HJC helmet that costs at least something like 2500THB as that's the low bar for a helmet that provides some OK protection. Look for DOT/ECE/Snell certification. The cheap helmets they give you at the small Honda and Yamaha dealers may be able to protect you from scratches but wont do too much regarding impacts.

6 hours ago, johng said:

You could try getting the certificate of residence from your embassy..if immigration are being difficult.

Does the DLT`s in Bangkok accept a certificate of residence from the embassies? 

• 3 months later...

Another vote for the Yamaha aerox 155

Best power to weight ratio in its class, pulls like a train even uphills

Goes quicker and Stops quicker, and better riding position  than the Pcx, narrower and lighter too

65k for R version , hard to beat that Powerplant and 34k cheaper than the rip off Pcx 98k