3BB Internet FTTX

kmw

HI all, is it just me or has 3BB turned to total shit as of recent, I signed p to them about a year ago for the 100/25 at 1200 thb per month, then in the last few months they upgraded me to the 200/50 for the same price,

Its been totally great up until the last few weeks, always working quick, local content is fine, and international so so, 

However now its totally terrible, local content is still fine, however I have a feeling due to the new release of their 3BB INTER package, being 200 thb extra(for so called better speeds for international use), i reckon they have slowed all international speeds and want people to pay an extra 200thb to regain the old speeds,

is anyone else having any issues with 3bb?

edit: I am in Chiang Mai in sansai

I use the same package in Hua Hin. My experience is similar. The international connection are also fast, but sometimes slow down for a short period. Sometimes also local services like Facebook or YouTube seems to be slow. Restarting the modem helps in most cases.

I am quite satisfied with 3BB FFTX. I not often get the full speed, but still enough for my needs - far more better then the standard connections.

I just spoken to 3bb(well not me but my partner) and we will goto a shop tomorrow to purchase the "top up 200 INTER", we will trial it for a month, as we pay month by month, 

will report back with the outcome, I have a strong feeling that speeds will be back to what they were before I was getting throttled with international sites, (As i need fast speeds to NY and SYD for work)

Oh well, just 3bb trying to make more money I guess to provide the same service, i myself am not worried about the 200th as its peanuts, however its more the ethical side i dislike, they should call it the 3BB FARANG TAX!

Sorry for the delayed update,

I now have the extra @INTER package for my fttx connection, as suspected speeds are to what was the former glory of about a year ago, prior to the slow degradation over the last few months,

With 3BB offering so called amazing packages to everyone, I guess their network is starting to feel the strain(international),

11 hours ago, kmw said:

With 3BB offering so called amazing packages to everyone, I guess their network is starting to feel the strain(international),

It's not that it's feeling the strain it's that they deliberately modify bandwidth for those on the cheaper packages. Capping and/or traffic shaping are extremely common here.

Pay more via the @inter package and they simply do less capping/shaping.

Why does anyone need fast international speed....all we need to know can be found on Thai govt websites such as the National News Bureau of Thailand (a part of the govt Public Relations Department).   :whistling:

• 4 months later...

Has anyone else noticed, 3BB seems to have upped their stated upload speed again on the 200 Mbps down plan? My 3BB bill this month now lists the package as 200 Mbps down / 100 Mbps up for the standard 1200b plus tax.

I haven't done any upload speed testing on that... Let me see if I can find some local network upload here that I'd want to do...

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Has anyone else noticed, 3BB seems to have upped their stated upload speed again on the 200 Mbps down plan? My 3BB bill this month now lists the package as 200 Mbps down / 100 Mbps up for the standard 1200b plus tax.

I haven't done any upload speed testing on that... Let me see if I can find some local network upload here that I'd want to do...

They're offering these speeds for a while.

100/30 is now 700 baht and 150/50 is 900 baht. Amazing right?

Archived