webfact

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Smiley Face said:

Four hundred baht to be able to experience nature that has been trashed by the many pigs that visit the parks and throw their trash all over the place.  Perhaps if they used the revenue to police and clean the parks there wouldn't be such a push-back.  Thai citizens should be ashamed of their parks and how they are poorly treated and maintained.

There is no put money back into the system mentality here. You just keep siphoning. 

Cannot believe people are complaining about this.

A little over $10 for a day out, and it's not as if you are compelled to go.

There has to be a charge to provide basic maintenance for the parks, nobody can dispute that, and would need to be higher to fund the nice toilets and facilities that some on this site moan about.

The balance has to be there to make it affordable for Thai's to go to these places, and for some to quibble over $10+ for a once or twice a year experience is very poor

1 minute ago, Covenant said:

Cannot believe people are complaining about this.

A little over $10 for a day out, and it's not as if you are compelled to go.

There has to be a charge to provide basic maintenance for the parks, nobody can dispute that, and would need to be higher to fund the nice toilets and facilities that some on this site moan about.

The balance has to be there to make it affordable for Thai's to go to these places, and for some to quibble over $10+ for a once or twice a year experience is very poor

I think for 400 baht it gives one some moaning rights. Nice toilets etc. should not be an option. Personally I have not set a foot  in a park and have no intention of doing so. To make it affordable for the Thai's sounds like some kind of subsidy are we not supposedly all equal. Cancel 1 submarines and spend it on the parks. Get your priorities straight. 

27 minutes ago, George2 said:

Once again they miss the point that it's supposed to be a TOURIST tax, the people who don't live and pay taxes here. All it ends up being is a white people charge.

It's pointless anyway since they just use the revenue for the park rangers netflix subscription instead of actually taking care of the park.

I thought they increased the international arrival tax to raise money to clean up and maintain National Parks to give tourists a better experience.

I can see that many people in this forum has a hard time swallowing this huge amount of money for entrance to a park, a zoo or sometimes even a muséum and a popular temple to visit.
From what I can understand, this must be something that many people here do regulary and loose a lot of money.

I have a great idea for everybody that is disappointed and feel robbed out of their dear money, at the sam time as the feeling of that Thailand is squeezing the last Bath of of your pocket sets in.
Try to visit and take a walk in Lumphini Park. It´s FREE!

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

This is not about tourism, this is about discriminating against people who are not ethnic Thais. The report clearly states; foreign visitors, not tourists.

To me this is a slap in the face. As a long term retiree in Thailand I have a minimum of 800000 baht in a Thai bank and spend a minimum of 50000 baht per month, not working, not breaking any laws to remain here, all monies I bring over from abroad, I do not take even 1 baht out of Thailand except for my bank interest rates that I would get in any country where I decided to open a bank account if I am a resident.

I get no concessions for bringing over my British income, spending and investing my money in Thailand and yet I`m still considered a foreign visitor according to the Government here although in fact I am not a visitor, I am a resident and registered as a resident with immigration.

This is just penalisation for being born in another country, pure and simple.

100 % correct

Now stop moaning, put your wallet on the table

Now get out. :smile:

1 hour ago, helloagain said:

Yes you are so right. Its called thainesd. Write to your embasdy and ask them to do the same when thais want a visa. 20 times as much

My embassy already charges Thais more for a visa then Thailand charges me. The difference is: they rarely give out visas and no refunds. 

Well no surprise and I would like to think that attendance will suffer but they know it won't because farangs can afford it. For me, as a farang with Thai citizenship it does not affect me and I get great satisfaction when being asked to pay 400 to pull my Thai ID card out and pay only 40.

This Demand that Tourists/visitors pay a significantly higher price in national Parks is completely unfair.

Unprofessional and non-business like approach just does not make sense for the good people in Thailand.

This can only result in a further decline/decrease in the number of tourists willing to visit Thailand.

Does anyone responsible for making this decision have qualifications in Tourism or experience from another country.?

5 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

I won't repeat what others have said here but what I'm wondering is will it gradually filter down the chain? That is, if the gov does then others might do it too.

It has already filtered down the chain.

Many vendors, sellers of food and goods will push up their prices for westerners even if the westerners can speak Thai. Living here a long time I have got to learn the prices over the years and it`s been you`re going to pay more, take it or leave it attitude. If I want a service from people in my area, gardening or house repairs, the locals expect me to pay more then the local Thais. It took me 3 months to find an electrician to install some exterior wiring because they all quoted ridiculous money, a few 30 times more my Thai neighbours would expect to pay.

It is well known that private hospitals have unwritten duel pricing for Thais and westerners, I know from the experience of friends and myself. I could fill 200 posts with all the examples I could give you.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

This is not about tourism, this is about discriminating against people who are not ethnic Thais. The report clearly states; foreign visitors, not tourists.

To me this is a slap in the face. As a long term retiree in Thailand I have a minimum of 800000 baht in a Thai bank and spend a minimum of 50000 baht per month, not working, not breaking any laws to remain here, all monies I bring over from abroad, I do not take even 1 baht out of Thailand except for my bank interest rates that I would get in any country where I decided to open a bank account if I am a resident.

I get no concessions for bringing over my British income, spending and investing my money in Thailand and yet I`m still considered a foreign visitor according to the Government here although in fact I am not a visitor, I am a resident and registered as a resident with immigration.

This is just penalisation for being born in another country, pure and simple.

Why do you stay there. I have long holidays in Pattaya as do many of my friends but after a while it's a relief to go back home. Very few of the expats I've met seem to be happy and many of them have developed health and personality problems mainly associated with strong drink.

I certainly would not put £17,000 in a Thai bank in order to stay there. I enjoy my trips and as a holiday maker spend more than you do each month but I never visit zoos, national parks nor other rip off family tourist attractions. I find the gogo bars hard enough work without having to visit national parks to get had over.

I love my holidays in Pattaya but could never live there. I've noticed the change in some of my friends who have settled there and it's not a change for the better. Many of hose who live in the boondocks are bored stiff and use any excuse to take a trip to the comparative civilisation of Pattaya while many (not all) of those who live in Pattaya just drink all the time which makes them even more twisted and bitter. Those who've not got a bolt hole back in Falangland are the worst affected.

The non stop scrounging, begging, pestering and having to be ever alert to avoid being ripped off eventually takes its toll on a fellow and can cause psychological problems especially when money troubles arise. It's said to account for the high rate of suicides among falangs in Thailand.

When the novelty of cheap strumpets for hire has worn off there's not really much to be said for living there so it's not a good idea to burn one's bridges. This 400 baht entry fee should be a reminder that you're only a paying guest in the Land of Smiles and that's all you ever will be.

Run out of money or failed to meet the visa requirements? The airports up the motorway, now get out or face arrest!

Edited by yogi100

No point in moaning and whinging about this... it's pretty simple...  just don't go and pass on the information to any visiting friends... then it's up to them if they want to visit these places or not. 

Mrs Kobkorn is a Thai woman in power, and wants to show it, as well as her ignorance on the

stupidity of the extreme dual pricing of 40 baht, locals 400 baht, tourists.  Thailand will always

have this kind of corruption, with people like her in the position she is in.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
Mispelling

2 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

No point in moaning and whinging about this... it's pretty simple...  just don't go and pass on the information to any visiting friends... then it's up to them if they want to visit these places or not. 

It's not 'moaning and whinging' it's discussion. It's what internet forums are for.

4 hours ago, kannot said:

Wife is down in Krabi at the moment  with two Farang friends  (Tourists) she was  appalled that not  only was the park 40 baht Thais ,400 for  farangs but  many restaurants also had higher prices for farangs in fact she went in sat down and asked for for four dishes the same and was told farang is 80 baht Thai is 60 baht, she told  em where to stick it and they dropped the farang price to the Thai price. Everything in Krabi has been inflated for Farangs, theyre  just greedy  little shites.

i do not get it who wants to visit the national park of 3D garbage , been there 1 time  smelly!!

16 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Why do you stay there. I have long holidays in Pattaya as do many of my friends but after a while it's a relief to go back home. Very few of the expats I've met seem to be happy and many of them have developed health and personality problems mainly associated with strong drink.

I certainly would not put £17,000 in a Thai bank in order to stay there. I enjoy my trips and as a holiday maker and spend more than you do each month but I never visit zoos, national parks nor other rip off family tourist attractions. I find the gogo bars hard enough work without having to visit national parks to get had over.

I love my holidays in Pattaya but could never live there. I've noticed the change in some of my friends who have settled there and it's not a change for the better. Many of hose who live in the boondocks are bored stiff and use any excuse to take a trip to the comparative civilisation of Pattaya while many (not all) of those who live in Pattaya just drink all the time which makes them even more twisted and bitter. Those who've not got a bolt hole back in Falangland are the worst affected.

The non stop scrounging, begging, pestering and having to be ever alert to avoid being ripped off eventually takes its toll on a fellow and can cause psychological problems especially when money troubles arise. It's said to account for the high rate of suicides among falangs in Thailand.

When the novelty of cheap strumpets for hire has worn off there's not really much to be said for living there so it's not a good idea to burn one's bridges. This 400 baht entry fee should be a reminder that you're only a paying guest in the Land of Smiles and that's all you ever will be.

Run out of money or failed to meet the visa requirements? The airports up the motorway, now get out or face arrest!

I completely agree with everything you say except that the cheap strumpets for hire are not so cheap any more, even they whack up their short time for Farlang. Many can be compared to the prices they charge in main land Europe and the States,. I have known Farlangs that have been literally cleaned out after the so called cheap strumpets have finished with them. The worse part for me as you have mentioned, is although I am OK financially it`s the always having to be on the alert that grinds you down eventually. Can`t trust or beleive what anyone tells you here, even when I getting what seems to be a bargain I still think I`m getting ripped off.

I`ve lived here a long time, have Thai wife although not officially married, dogs and everything, have firmly laid my roots here. But over the last couple of years I have seriously been considering chucking all in, in Thailand, a country where the natives will never let you call your home. And if I do go it will be to western country, never again would I decide to settle in an Asian country.

Edited by cyberfarang

I find it amusing that this tourism minister is treating the National Park entrance

fee like smoking. The higher the entrance fee the less stress there will be on the

environment. Fewer people, less ferries needed, less garbage, etc....etc.....

A very twisted perspective. The bars and restaurants should make it clear to

tourists that they are being gouged, being charged ten times the locals entrance fee.

The promotion could urge tourists to boycott the parks and instead spend there

time and money at the bars and restaurants. 555

30 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I think for 400 baht it gives one some moaning rights. Nice toilets etc. should not be an option. Personally I have not set a foot  in a park and have no intention of doing so. To make it affordable for the Thai's sounds like some kind of subsidy are we not supposedly all equal. Cancel 1 submarines and spend it on the parks. Get your priorities straight. 

"..are we not supposedly all equal?" 

Yes, but as George Orwell put it, some are more equal than others.