Eddie the German calls in the media to save his stinky Pattaya beach

webfact

Eddie the German calls in the media to save his stinky Pattaya beach

3pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya Newss

PATTAYA: -- A German tourist called in the local media after being fed up with filthy sewage messing up his favorite beach, Thap Praya at Soi 5.

Mr Eddie was out swimming when he noticed some awful smells so he investigated the cause. The culprit was soon found - a pipe from the road that led to the sea. You could fit two people in a pipe that big, he observed.

He called in Pattaya News who found it was true - the sea smelled bad in a wide stretch. Eddie said he used to enjoy swimming there but not now.

Local traders said that the authorities put the pipe in years ago to help with flooding. It led directly into the sea and has been a source of complaint from foreign and Thai tourists for a long time.

They all agreed with Eddie that something should be done about it.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-06

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Eddie said he used to enjoy swimming there but not now.

Eddie used to enjoy swimming there but had not noticed the pipe that was so large you could fit 2 people into it--and had been installed there years ago.....

Maybe Eddie's next stop should be at Specsavers...................:coffee1:

2 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Eddie used to enjoy swimming there but had not noticed the pipe that was so large you could fit 2 people into it--and had been installed there years ago.....

Maybe Eddie's next stop should be at Specsavers...................:coffee1:

Man tries to do some good, news gets posted on TV, TV poster has a go at the man - rinse and repeat

8 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Man tries to do some good, news gets posted on TV, TV poster has a go at the man - rinse and repeat

TV contributor who doesn't seem to understand the meaning of humour, moans once again.

Did u guys see that massive pipe they putting in Jomtien beach I think its called soi Wat Boon.

Its like wow they going to direct sawage in to busy beach 555

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Did u guys see that massive pipe they putting in Jomtien beach I think its called soi Wat Boon.

Its like wow they going to direct sawage in to busy beach 555

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wonder if Eddie has seen it.....Oh no I cant ask that... means I will be having a go at him.....:passifier:

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the sea smelled bad in a wide stretch. Eddie said he used to enjoy swimming there but not now.

Its all to do with the "algea blooms"   there are many such "bloooms" along the Pattaya and Jomtien bays they especially  tend to appear in the designated swimming areas !

I don't understand the excitement over the exrement. It's the same all over Thailand, and a well established fact. Don't swim in the ocean, ever, unless you are far, far away from the general population. "sea froth" takes on a meaning all of its own, in Thailand.

Silly buggers.

10 minutes ago, Bullie said:

I don't understand the excitement over the exrement. It's the same all over Thailand, and a well established fact. Don't swim in the ocean, ever, unless you are far, far away from the general population. "sea froth" takes on a meaning all of its own, in Thailand.

Silly buggers.

Yeah, it's excrete-iating to read...

I cleaned this beach every day for two years. The 'stuff' I found on the beach and in the car park area was unbelievable - including many used and unused hypodermics, and a lot of other nasties. Nobody ever helped except for two Russians and three Chinese over that two year period. One Thai helped in that time. One only. I went away for a week on holiday and when I got back it was disgusting. Rubbish in piles everywhere. I've never cleaned it since! The lesson I learned was "Nobody cares if you do. Nobody cares if you don't". 

Such a shame. Such, potentially, a beautiful beach. Millions must have been spent beautifying it at one stage but it's now fallen into a sad state of repair. Nobody cares.