Pickpocket video: Bad for the image of Thai lady boys!

webfact

5pmm.jpg

Image: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- A video of a pickpocket incident in RCA has been described as not just bad for the image of tourism in Thailand - but bad for the image of the lady boy community.

The statement was made by Manager online after a 1.33 minute clip was posted online by a Chinese tourist called Jerry Liu.

He was out at Royal City Avenue in Bangkok at the weekend when he accosted a lady boy calling him "beautiful". They hug and the lady boy attempts a theft. But nothing was taken.

5pm.jpg

Image: Manager Online

Mr Liu said in his post, quoted here as it appeared online: "Exposure to a thief in RCA, I do not know her, why did she take the initiative to embrace me? Just because I said she was beautiful? No, because she was stealing money in my pocket, I was found! Tonight I wish you good luck, maybe one day you will enter the police station!"

Manage online said that such footage was bad for Thailand's image and bad for the image of the transgender community as well.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-06

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ladyboys are harassing/robbing people for decades, the police doesn't do anything about it.

Myself i got surrounded by a group of them late at night at Samui, they tried to rob me but i escaped. They are a gang on motobikes.

Thailand should protect it's outstanding image abroad. There are plenty of jokes about it in my homecountry.

24 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Thailand should protect it's outstanding image abroad.

What outstanding image?

All they ever do is try to protect the fake image they portray.

So which banana boat did you just arrive on?

I carry a very dangerous object in both my side pockts. My score to date is 4 pickpockets and a lot of blood.

Man they just don't learn. I

love the sound of their screams and the blood on the floor.Sum num naa has never been so sweet.Payback is beautiful.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Bad for Thailand, that there is Internet and modern communication, which makes it impossible nowadays to save pretty face like in the old days.

38 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

I carry a very dangerous object in both my side pockts. My score to date is 4 pickpockets and a lot of blood.

love the sound of their screams and the blood on the floor.Sum num naa has never been so sweet.Payback is beautiful.

Careful mate, the BiB will have you for carrying a concealed weapon.....:biggrin:

I give those disgusting LBs a very wide berth. I don't look at them, don't make eye contact, don't talk with them, and when they step in my way I swing around them fast. They are bad news and very dangerous. 

:cheesy::clap2::cheesy:

bad for lady boys image.... this is hilarious

one assumes (albeit probably incorrectly) that the video shows thailands image tarnished by thieves (vs thailands image tarnished by a video posting of an attempted robber)

those worried about thailands image should be doing something about pick pockets / thieves.... or is that too simplistic

2 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Can you tell us what that very dangerous object is? It can't be fishing hooks in an old wallet, after he/she steals it , he/she disappears very quickly, then you don't get the pleasure of hearing them screaming and seeing the blood. I know.

A hedgehog in both pockets ?

42c93150edd41daab619a6166cad0b70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm [emoji4]

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Careful mate, the BiB will have you for carrying a concealed weapon.....:biggrin:

The cops, RTP and BIB,  have seen these two items time and time again. They do not raise any suspicion at all. Harmless when seen or handled appropriately. But thrust your hand into my pocket with the speed of many thieves, that is when you are going to hurt and hurt badly you will.

If I told you what the objects were, you would then know what they are, hence the surprise factor would be lost. Suffice to say they are totally legal in all aspects, you just need the brains to make them very hurtful to some scumbags. Final answer, they are not illegal at all. Use your brains and figure something out of plain ordinary things.

Edited by Inepto Cracy
added extra note. 555

3 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

My score to date is 4 pickpockets and a lot of blood.

I make it half a dozen posters so far which is somewhat cheating as they're easier to catch than chubb :)

Edited by evadgib