Village Farang...Where has he gone and why?

Since becoming Village Farang some ten years ago I have watched as members come and go.  Some move on for their own personal reasons while others are given little choice in leaving, though it is usually their own fault in my opinion.  More often that not, no one really knows why a member left because by the time their absence is noted there is nobody to ask.

I made the choice to stop posting around the beginning of the year just to see how I would feel, kind of a New Year’s Resolution I guess.  I found that I did not miss posting and unsurprisingly I was not missed by other members.  I also found better things to do with my time which didn’t leave that bitter aftertaste one often gets from dealing with forum trolls.

I am not leaving Thailand and I will continue to be Village Farang on social media, so I am only a Google search away.  I have simply decided that forums are not for me at this time in my life and I would rather spend my time elsewhere, in environments I find more uplifting.  There is already so much hostility and polarization in the world I don’t feel the need to voluntarily expose myself to more of it in forum environments.

So in short life is great, I am healthy, happy, still in Thailand, still online but I am taking a break from posting on ThaiVisa.  Just think of me blissfully floating off into the sunset.

Singha Park Balloon Festival 2017  004.jpg

The chap that posted an image of a lovely home in CM on the water?

The chap that wrote about the positive side of his other half?

Yep some good positive posts. They are sorely missed and the balance of -/+ was more even with guys like you.

But it's a good point some avatars have gone missing and sad as it sounds I recall a few names I do not see anymore or much at all.

Ardokano - the chap that could never get a good deal on hotels and had the unfortunate bird crap dropping into his water every time he stepped out of 711!

JJGREEN who eventually began making some decent topics only to crash out with a "you old dudes are stuck in a time warp" post, never to be seen again.

SOIBIKER (pretty sure guys ignoring me) this chap with the top secret degree that cannot be divulged as no one would believe him anyway. On a side note this guy is a relentless argumentative in the most complimentary way. Many a time I'd jump in just to play a bit of verbal diarrhoea tennis. Good fun

Some good characters but my number 1 poster at present is hottrader77 this guy can spot a cock in a frock from 100 metres in any sainsbury store throughout the uk and is adamant they are everywhere.

All good fun.

Well Village Farang can't say as I blame you, although never as prominent as your good self I stepped back from the forum about 2 years ago and for the better. I must say that part of the reason is I discovered Facebook. Eventually I used my real name and discovered lots of people that I actually knew. and found interacting with them much more rewarding. Some of the gloss has gone off that now and I don't want to promote FB either but the balance is better with only a tiny amount of time spent here, perhaps asking a question or responding to a topic that gets a bee in my bonnet. Can certainly do without much of the angst, sameness and time that I wasted. Although I realise that is not a perfect sentence you know what I mean. 

6 minutes ago, bangkokorbust said:

The only connection between all of you is the referring to each other as chaps

I'd disagree chap. After all you can't connect to anyone here if you do not have an Internet connection! If you can connect to another member without Internet then i'd say that's a connection too. So,wrong on all counts bust. 

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'd disagree chap. After all you can't connect to anyone here if you do not have an Internet connection! If you can connect to another member without Internet then i'd say that's a connection too. So,wrong on all counts bust. 

I know you're only responding to an even more trivial post and you're right but, hey. its that sort of stuff the guy is talking about

3 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

I know you're only responding to an even more trivial post and you're right but, hey. its that sort of stuff the guy is talking about

So the solution is?  Let them climb on each others back and build?  

11 hours ago, villagefarang said:

I am not leaving Thailand and I will continue to be Village Farang on social media, so I am only a Google search away.  I have simply decided that forums are not for me at this time in my life and I would rather spend my time elsewhere, in environments I find more uplifting.  There is already so much hostility and polarization in the world I don’t feel the need to voluntarily expose myself to more of it in forum environments.

Hey VF. I completely understand. Best to you. 

I am nearing the stage where you are now of moving on. My posting has already significantly decreased. Forums can be fun but I have some new fun hobbies going on.

I have been a TV member for many years and find my postings are mainly in times that I am totally board with everyday life. I had times that I would make a few to perhaps twenty posts in a day. When stuck in the village the posts were at their highest. When I am busy I post very little unless I need some information. After all the Trump and Clinton crap Last year I decided to take a major break and cut down my time spent on TV to a few hours a month. So far this year I have done just that and I think maybe not missed by anyone. We all go through stages in life and I am sure many of the once daily posters will be back to their keyboards again in the future.
There is life outside of TV !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

A break from anything your involved in usually clears the gray cells and gives them new life to do other things or indeed return with new vigor..

I am lucky, TVF staff give me all the breaks I need.....sarcastic-applause-smiley-emoticon.gif

I have been a TV member for many years and find my postings are mainly in times that I am totally board with everyday life. I had times that I would make a few to perhaps twenty posts in a day. When stuck in the village the posts were at their highest. When I am busy I post very little unless I need some information. After all the Trump and Clinton crap Last year I decided to take a major break and cut down my time spent on TV to a few hours a month. So far this year I have done just that and I think maybe not missed by anyone. We all go through stages in life and I am sure many of the once daily posters will be back to their keyboards again in the future.
There is life outside of TV !

This phone makes me post more,not a question of get a life . It goes ping I reply ,in the Car now whilst the Old Scratch tales ages in Tesco.☠️

@villagefarang

I remember the first time I posted it was a topic like "what is a typical day in Thailand like".  I got some of the most juvenile and trollish comments right off the bat and was really turned off to this forum.  I didn't really participate much in forums anyway before TV.

You replied to my post with some info and a link to your blog.  It was nice to see that there was at least one normal person on this forum that was helpful.  Thanks for that.

Now I hardly ever post any thing since my 2.5 years in Thailand are up and I am back home in the US.  I had a job assignment there during that time and I really loved it.  I mostly posted while I was there because I had free time at work.  Now that I am at home I have more important things to do than argue about things on a forum.  I also don't think the political climate will help the situation on the forum so I just prefer to stay out of it for the most part as well.

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can understand. Thaivisa has a lot of negative probably bitter with life BMs so a lot of posts are sarcastic, the tone of the forum isn't good. I rarely read or post anymore, the only time i do is when my other forum is closed for maintenance.

Yes i am sarcastic, you dont like my tone    :cheesy:

TOUGH bye bye then.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can understand. Thaivisa has a lot of negative probably bitter with life BMs so a lot of posts are sarcastic, the tone of the forum isn't good. I rarely read or post anymore, the only time i do is when my other forum is closed for maintenance.

Perhaps you don't understand that the forum members are a cross section of the public. Know one has to take a test on joining that they are a nice guy or gal, that's why we have moderators and an ignore function.

TVF works very well doing the job of helping folk out plus a bit of banter. Any anonymous forum will attract odd balls, unhelpful folk  and nutters, that's just the way it is, but the tools are in place to deal with it.

Look what happened on the fun Christmas POTY competition, infiltrated by nutters to upset things, feeerkin crazy, though l suppose they thought it great fun.

I personally have had a couple of odd balls post lies about "Transam" on here, something I had to put up with but thankfully they paid the price and are history.

There are also folk here that help folk out via PM that members don't see, I have two on the go now, I enjoy that stuff.

Of course at times a break may be needed, same with anything, but to run this forum down because of ones own private thoughts is daft..I enjoy it here...:stoner:

• 4 months later...

Still enjoying my TVF Detox, six months and counting.:biggrin:

1. No sign in.

2. No cookies.

3. No comments.

4. No likes.

5. No advertisements.

The result is no headaches, no conflict, no annoying exchanges.  Try it, you may like it.

37 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

1. No sign in.

2. No cookies.

3. No comments.

4. No likes.

5. No advertisements.

The result is no headaches, no conflict, no annoying exchanges.  Try it, you may like it.

For most a divorce from a bird fixed all that stuff....classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.70ac7b51f5377b8094c06fc0b44db0c2.gif

5 hours ago, villagefarang said:

1. No sign in.

2. No cookies.

3. No comments.

4. No likes.

5. No advertisements.

Resistance is futile, you are assimilated!

Archived