Sophon Cable Audio sync problems

bobbin

Many of the HD channels on my tv are unwatchable due to the audio lagging behind the video feed. The regular SD channels are unaffected. I brought this to the attention of my condo office since they have the master account and asked them to contact Sophon to see what they had to say, assuming it was their problem. amazingly, Sophon sent out a tech to the condo to check the same afternoon. I was out when the tech came but the office manager said he had done "something" and wanted to know if the problem had been solved. It is not solved.

Are other Sophon users experiencing this problem?

It's annoying to be watching the Golf Channel HD and hearing the "whack" of the club 3 seconds after the swing is completed...:sad:.  Of course any shows where the dialogue is important are basically unwatchable.

My 4-5 condos I have rented the past 12 years have had Saphon cable. (sometimes it was included in the rent, other times it is about $10 per month). It has to be classified as an amateur outfit; for, the Saphon news channel or "local" channel's broadcast is never clear and when they jump from one advertisement to another the volume can be too loud, muffled, or full of static...seems to be run by ting-tong workers that have know idea in how to work on this kind of cable channel outlet. (I know high school students that could fix the problems there)  An example of a company not caring since their fees are inexpensive and the volume of hotels and apartments subscribing to them is more important than quality or losing face because of such poor service.  Shame on you Saphon Cable.

Update..

With a little more research I've found out that this problem is common for digital broadcasts in HD. It's called the "lip sync" problem and many televisions have audio settings for AV sync. You can speed up or delay the audio to sync with the picture. My tv has this but the adjustments are not sufficient...

But... all the Thai language HD channels are in sync. It's only some (not all) of the foreign language channels that are out of sync.

So I still believe that Sophon needs to adjust their settings.

On TMN Cable, the music video channel (Channel V, I think?) video and audio have been out of sync for years, except for about one month when they had it figured out.

Update 2...

It was the television. Sophon techs came today and checked the signal strength from the outlet. Fine. Observed the problem and then hooked up a Sophon set top box, used for sets without an internal digital tuner. I actually have one of these. Everything in sync. Dodgy internal digital tuner.

This is a 4K set I purchased 5 days ago. It's going back.

I have a Minix android box so I'm aware of the alternatives, but sometimes you just want turn on the television and watch.... golf and Bloomberg.  :smile: