UK government Brexit bill defeated again

webfact

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It has nothing to do with trying to give parliament sovereignty or a say. It is exactly what the clown has said. He believes it is a fightback from the will of the people leaving the EU and the wrong decision leaving. That's his reasoning for this and he should be kicked out of the Lords like all the other traitors. a bunch of unelected, out of touch, self serving idiots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/07/lord-heseltine-sacked-government-adviser-rebelling-brexit/

"He told the Lords that he “deeply” regretted the outcome of last year’s EU referendum and that "the fightback starts here".

"He stated that quitting the European Union was the "most momentous peacetime decision of our time".

Mr. Heseltine (You don't deserve the title Lord) being conned into joining the EU was.

The problem with the House of Lords nowadays is that they are appointed by politicians so they become just a mouthpiece for them. It it was much better when the Lords were hereditary. They voted for the good of the country, not for some political party.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am against those trying to stop the referendum result and those who think they are smartly trying to amend what should have been done already. So that includes those that have voted against the will of the people and the current government who are trying to do the best job possible whilst having to deal with a bunch of out of touch idiots who have been living lavishly off the EU.

I have never voted for the Conservatives but if it was a choice between the absolute disgraceful Labour and Jeremy C, Tim F, who for me is as bad as Corbyn, then it would seem I would have to break a very long tradition. It isn't about conservatives, Labour and Lib Dems anymore. It is about doing the best thing for the UK without having the EU stranglehold around her. Once this is all over, I look forward to the Lords and those MP's who are obviously out of touch with people outside of London, getting reformed. Due to Farron and Corbyn, I foresee a general election this year. Who do you think will win!

You are so full of hatred for the EU that you cannot see the wood for the trees. TM and Co are running rings around you and sniggering with glee!

The Lords living lavishly off the EU? Hmmm, they live lavishly anyway; they are Lords after all

Finally, why don't you start a revolution, just like the Russians and before them the French. Have Farage as your fuehrer (leader)

Honestly, Gravy, do try and see beyond the Con Party rhetoric! Have you got provisions ready for the budget? Should be amusing...

16 minutes ago, gamini said:

The problem with the House of Lords nowadays is that they are appointed by politicians so they become just a mouthpiece for them. It it was much better when the Lords were hereditary. They voted for the good of the country, not for some political party.

It is bizarre that the Liberal Democrats have 142 members of The House of Lords, and only 8 MPs!

Edited by JAG

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Not that old chestnut. Please. This has been killed to death and is now quite boring.  Look at the slogan it is lets not we will. Stop sending the EU 350 million pound, I agree.

I will not go down the same path as some and insult you by saying you didn't know what you voted for.

I agree that it is an outrage but to simply to declare that it is invalid because it exposes one of the many lies that the Brexit case was sold on is every bit as dishonest as the man in front of the bus. 

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You are so full of hatred for the EU that you cannot see the wood for the trees.

No hatred just saw that for the last 40 plus years it wasn't what it was set up to be, it hasn't worked and  won't reform. Been over this before. It is as clear as crystal.

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I agree that it is an outrage but to simply to declare that it is invalid because it exposes one of the many lies that the Brexit case was sold on is every bit as dishonest as the man in front of the bus. 

I don't know anyone who changed their opinion during the referendum. People already knew their own minds and didn't need politicians telling them how to vote. Slogans or scaremongering from the remain didn't matter. It was the years and years of the EU changing the UK's identity, as well as other countries such as France, Germany etc. No referendum changed my mind or anyone else I know.

1 hour ago, gamini said:

You Brexits always harp on about the will of the people. 48% voted against leaving. How about them? And it is generally accepted that if there was another referendum the vote  would go against leaving. because a lot of people did not understand fully what it entailed and were conned into voting to leave.

Are yes the old "You didn't know what you were doing children, you were conned into leaving" chestnut. Give it a rest will you.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

The House of Lords are a bit like your senate (but more difficult to bribe)

Exactly. The Canadian senate is appointed. Mostly as a reward to bagmen and political hacks.

They are accountable to nobody and pay themselves very handsomely. I think I prefer the UK house of Lords. Good if they can put a stop to this Brexit foolishness.

Just now, The Old Bull said:

Exactly. The Canadian senate is appointed. Mostly as a reward to bagmen and political hacks.

They are accountable to nobody and pay themselves very handsomely. I think I prefer the UK house of Lords. Good if they can put a stop to this Brexit foolishness.

You forgot to add "IMHO" because without it you come across as being incredibly pompous.

1 hour ago, gamini said:

You Brexits always harp on about the will of the people. 48% voted against leaving. How about them? And it is generally accepted that if there was another referendum the vote  would go against leaving. because a lot of people did not understand fully what it entailed and were conned into voting to leave.

All loyal Brexiteers are to be given a badge; something like a Blue Peter badge (that's ironic - for sailors) but cheaper

Those without a Brexit badge will be relocated in the first instance....

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/blue+peter

Edited by Grouse

1 hour ago, maingmoom said:

Not the kind of UK you want but face up to the fact that you lost the vote

Clearly this is over your head

Everyone accepts that Brexit will go ahead. Some of us ( but not you ) want to stop the Con Party taking advantage at the expense of the UK generally.

Sorry you don't understand the issues; the Tories love people like you ?

Edited by Grouse

37 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No hatred just saw that for the last 40 plus years it wasn't what it was set up to be, it hasn't worked and  won't reform. Been over this before. It is as clear as crystal.

Not worked for whom? 

You?

Do I have to post the economic growth chart again?

How about wars in Europe?

Just quit exaggerating 

35 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I don't know anyone who changed their opinion during the referendum. People already knew their own minds and didn't need politicians telling them how to vote. Slogans or scaremongering from the remain didn't matter. It was the years and years of the EU changing the UK's identity, as well as other countries such as France, Germany etc. No referendum changed my mind or anyone else I know.

"I don't know anyone who changed their opinion during the referendum."

Me neither

But plently of anecdotal evidence shows that many regret voting leave SINCE the referendum (including the whole of Cornwall)

"I don't know anyone who changed their opinion during the referendum."

Me neither

But plently of anecdotal evidence shows that many regret voting leave SINCE the referendum (including the whole of Cornwall)

Just stop exaggerating. Anecdotal evidence indeed. I thought you were a scientist!

Well we agree on something. Nobody changed there mind/opinion because of the referendum.

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Just stop exaggerating. Anecdotal evidence indeed. I thought you were a scientist!

Well we agree on something. Nobody changed there mind/opinion because of the referendum.

Think the "bird" is worried about his "setup" in the EU........:whistling:

Reform of the Upper House is almost bound to follow after Article 50 is implemented.  Didn't know so many on Thai Visa hated the Lords so much !  What would they do if unexpectdly offered a peerage?  Tell them to go to hell?   I wonder !!

2 minutes ago, flyingdoc said:

Reform of the Upper House is almost bound to follow after Article 50 is implemented.  Didn't know so many on Thai Visa hated the Lords so much !  What would they do if unexpectdly offered a peerage?  Tell them to go to hell?   I wonder !!

If it came with a salary and pension attached I would come hat in hand...A Top Hat at that...:stoner:

What do you expect? They are a bunch of rich <deleted> with fingers in all sorts of EU related pies.

EU Pensions

Businesses that profit from mass labour 

Buddies in Brussels 

And general <deleted> who live in nice big houses in Chipping Norton that have no sense of reality in the cities and towns

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That rhetoric is insulting. people knew what they voted for like I assume you did if you voted. Saying that people didn't know what they were voting for on either side is an insult. Everyone knew. It is sad that some of those who voted remain have to say ridiculous things like people were conned. Seems you have forgot.

IMO the vast majority who voted to leave or remain didn't have any chance of a 'clear picture' as the politicians and media were only promoting their own interests.  One of the reasons why (yet again) so many didn't vote ....

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

IMO the vast majority who voted to leave or remain didn't have any chance of a 'clear picture' as the politicians and media were only promoting their own interests.  One of the reasons why (yet again) so many didn't vote ....

The many don't give a toss....The ones that did probably thought they don't like being controlled by folk from other countries where THEIR laws are different and may gain from the EU..Folk in the UK with dosh are thinking about their dosh and how the EU helps them..

I am only guessing though.....:smile:

33 minutes ago, transam said:

Think the "bird" is worried about his "setup" in the EU........:whistling:

Yes

It hadn't occurred to me that TM would be prepared to go to any lengths for the benefit of her beloved Con Party

I can see her not just damaging the UK but now damaging the EU economies as well. This explains the recent "inexplicable" actions. This why she will not offer security to EU citizens. When the plot becomes clear there could well be 1.3 million aged U.K. Refugees returning!

Just now, transam said:

The many don't give a toss....The ones that did probably thought they don't like being controlled by folk from other countries where THEIR laws are different and may gain from the EU..Folk in the UK with dosh are thinking about their dosh and how the EU helps them..

I am only guessing though.....:smile:

I disagree and think they do care - but have realised that they're being sold nothing other than opinions/statements/lies from those with a personal interest.

Yes

It hadn't occurred to me that TM would be prepared to go to any lengths for the benefit of her beloved Con Party

I can see her not just damaging the UK but now damaging the EU economies as well. This explains the recent "inexplicable" actions. This why she will not offer security to EU citizens. When the plot becomes clear there could well be 1.3 million aged U.K. Refugees returning!

I think you are being melodramatic . The 1.3 million Brits will be fine as I am sure the 3 million EU citizens will be fine who are working in the UK. I see it is the old could be, maybe, wording again.

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It has nothing to do with trying to give parliament sovereignty or a say. It is exactly what the clown has said. He believes it is a fightback from the will of the people leaving the EU and the wrong decision leaving. That's his reasoning for this and he should be kicked out of the Lords like all the other traitors. a bunch of unelected, out of touch, self serving idiots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/07/lord-heseltine-sacked-government-adviser-rebelling-brexit/

"He told the Lords that he “deeply” regretted the outcome of last year’s EU referendum and that "the fightback starts here".

"He stated that quitting the European Union was the "most momentous peacetime decision of our time".

Mr. Heseltine (You don't deserve the title Lord) being conned into joining the EU was.

No it isn't. It's about whether the terms of something so crucial as this, which will profoundly affect future generations as well as ourselves, should be left for the cabinet and their political party only to decide on; or be fully debated on in parliament and voted on my all members of the House of Commons, representing all constituencies.

Forget Heseltine, as failed wannabee and prat. This is about democracy, the UK constitution and whether anyone in the right mind would trust a government that wants to present it's decision as a fait a compli rather than a decision accepted by a broader representation.

Yes

To look on the bright side, this may encourage the government to re-think their policies on the "aged" who have retired abroad :smile:.

Far cheaper than the "aged" returning back home :smile:.

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I disagree and think they do care - but have realised that they're being sold nothing other than opinions/statements/lies from those with a personal interest.

There are many who wake up, go to work and come home that don't give a shit, there are many on benefits that as long as they are funded, don't give a shit, UK pensioners "perhaps" don't give a shit as long as the system keeps taking care of them..For many, they do not know anything about anything as long as the UK social security, NHS, etc still provides..