90 Day reporting when you are out of the country

He does not have to report on the 24/4 as he will not been in the country for 90 days or more when he departs, the next 90 day report will be due 90 days after he arrives back in to Thailand, including the day of arrival.

90 Day Reporting

See the very last paragraph in this link.

Edited by Mattd
Added link
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, spetersen said:

What are the requirements and what do we need to do ?

The need to report ends because your son is leaving the country within 90 days.

The 90 day count resets to day 1 on the day he re-enters Thailand. He will not be given a new report date on entry and will need to calculate the next report date himself. If he enters on May 1st the report will be due on July 29th.

• Like 1

Gentlemen, your replies make entirely too much sense for Thai immigration! LOL

Can anyone point to a link? The Immigration Bureau page was not very helpful.  My 1st 90 reporting is due next week and I am in the US.  My assumption agrees with the previous replies, but this is Thailand............

Thanks in Advance.

8 hours ago, glockdoc said:

In this case the logic seems to have overwhelmed several people who are supposedly in possession of the much rumored but seldom spotted "Western Logic."

You are expected to report if you are in the country for 90 or more continuous, uninterrupted days. If you are not in the country for 90 continuous, uninterrupted days, you are not required to report. 

In your attempt to mock Thai immigrations you've unwittingly shot yourself in the foot in the logic competition.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, elviajero said:
  • The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension. 
  • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht. 
  • If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Source: Notification of staying over 90 days

you not getting arrested if not doing 90 days report

13 hours ago, glockdoc said:

Can anyone point to a link? The Immigration Bureau page was not very helpful.  My 1st 90 reporting is due next week and I am in the US.  My assumption agrees with the previous replies, but this is Thailand............

Thanks in Advance.

Asked and answered correctly above. Why does everyone need a 'link' these days?

Leave the country- clock stops. Re-enter the country- clock resets. Its not exactly Rocket Science.

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, chickenrunCM said:

you not get arrested if not doing 90 days report

.....but If during a check or arrested for other reasons Is discovered a delay of 90d rep. then there Is a fine to pay not exeeding 5,000baht

I hope this is not considered hijacking the topic, but if I leave the country after 91 days and don't do a 90 day report before that, will I have to expect problems after coming back and doing my 90 day-report the next time ? I don't think immi at Swampy will care in any way, but maybe my local immi office will ?

7 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

I hope this is not considered hijacking the topic, but if I leave the country after 91 days and don't do a 90 day report before that, will I have to expect problems after coming back and doing my 90 day-report the next time ? I don't think immi at Swampy will care in any way, but maybe my local immi office will ?

If immigration was to notice that you failed to report when you do the report they could fine you 2000 baht for not doing it before you left the country. Not likely but they could.