Visa run to Vientiane from Bangkok

31 minutes ago, Soneva said:

Thanks again for the above advice re day of the week. Tuesday proved to not be crowded at all.

For future reference, which are the days to avoid at the Vientiane consulate, if possible?

I know Tuesday and Friday are optimal. How are the other days?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Do not go on Thursdays as the visa run companies arrive on that day also

So Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays (unless you want to stay the weekend there and pick your PP up on Monday)

• Like 1

Do not go on Thursdays as the visa run companies arrive on that day also

So Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays (unless you want to stay the weekend there and pick your PP up on Monday)

I actually like Fridays, as I have found the waiting to be minimal and I actually enjoy making my visa run into a weekend getaway.

So Mondays and Thursdays are to be avoided, because visa run companies go at those times.

How is drop off on Wednesday and pick up on Thursday afternoon?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 minutes ago, Soneva said:

I'll even add extra days to my trips to avoid those long lines, if necessary.

Quite a lot of people get to the Embassy way before they open ,6-7 AM and begin queuing outside. 

I went there recently on a Tuesday morning and got to the Embassy at 11 AM , filled out the forms, got photos and photo copies done , and handed my application in .

No need to get their early and queue

Got  high number for PP pick-up the next day .

They serve people, handing out PP's at a rate of 2-3 per minute

So you can work out roughly what time your number will be called

Quite a lot of people get to the Embassy way before they open ,6-7 AM and begin queuing outside. 
   I went there recently on a Tuesday morning and got to the Embassy at 11 AM , filled out the forms, got photos and photo copies done , and handed my application in .
   No need to get their early and queue
Got  high number for PP pick-up the next day .
They serve people, handing out PP's at a rate of 2-3 per minute
So you can work out roughly what time your number will be called

My strategy is to show up later on, around 10:30~11:00 am on the slower days (Tuesday,Wednesday,Friday). Then on pickup day I also show up later as I'll have a high number. This works for me because I am never in a rush and hate waking up early. My focus is on minimizing time and effort spent at the consulate, not on getting the visa as quickly as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/03/2017 at 4:45 PM, darrendsd said:

If you use the one UJ advised above they leave BKK at 8pm however do not get there any later than 7 to ensure you reserve your seat

They are legit, I have used them many times and they provide a good service

Just a correction on UJ's post, you pay everything to the drivers before you leave including the visa fee

So if i read this correctly it 5500 + $35 for VOA laos + cost of thai visa you are obtaing from consulate is that correct.

Or is it 5500 job lot everything

6 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

So if i read this correctly it 5500 + $35 for VOA laos + cost of thai visa you are obtaing from consulate is that correct.

Or is it 5500 job lot everything

You pay everything to the driver before the vans leave apart from your 1000 SETV fee which you pay at the counter at the Embassy when you collect your PP back

I think in total it works out to 5800

• Thanks 1