Two Thaksin-Era Ministers Implicated In Rolls-Royce Bribery

snoop1130

Two Thaksin-Era Ministers Implicated In Rolls-Royce Bribery

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

201608311709296-20141128130850-1024x683-696x464.jpg

Thai Airways officials pose for a photo on Aug. 31 at Suvarnabhumi Airport at a publicity event for its new aircraft outfitted with Rolls Royce-made engines.

BANGKOK — Of the 31 ministerial officials who served during the years Rolls-Royce said it paid bribes to Thai officials, only two were implicated Friday following seven weeks of investigation by the national anti-graft agency.

Those two, as it turned out, served under former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, the leader of a political dynasty the current military government has sought to dismantle. The graft agency said there’s not enough evidence linking the other 29 high-ranking officials to the graft, which spanned 13 years.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/03/10/two-thaksin-era-ministers-implicated-rolls-royce-bribery/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-3-10

Hard not to be cynical here but even if guilty they are the perfect fit for fall guys in the current political climate.

I doubt any of the other named military brass will stay in the crosshairs too long.

And i guess following only bits of the money will be the new M.O following this very public naming and shaming ?

Edited by z42

Would love to see more people implicated, but these guys are guilty should they be excluded because others are not prosecuted ? 

In a perfect world more would be caught but I take what I can get and I hope these guys who are guilty at least pay back the money and do some time. 

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Good thing they could find two patsies. Amazing really. Good work.

There are more, the board is also being procured, but they are talking her about only 2 politicians involved. I doubt there were only 2 politicians involved but 2 is better then nothing. 

Would you let them go ?

The graft agency said there’s not enough evidence linking the other 29 high-ranking officials to the graft, which spanned 13 years.

What are the odds that only the two Thaksin-associated individuals have been found involved?

Two in thirty-one I guess?

Funny how it always works that way? I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

28 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The graft agency said there’s not enough evidence linking the other 29 high-ranking officials to the graft, which spanned 13 years.

What are the odds that only the two Thaksin-associated individuals have been found involved?

Two in thirty-one I guess?

Funny how it always works that way? I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Real funny and probably not true.. but you never replied.. what would you do.. would you let them go ? Would you accept that they steal from the people just because others get away with it ?

I rather see a few HISO (make no mistake these are HISO too) go down then none at all. They were corrupt.. there is no doubt that they are guilty.. innocent HISO's don't go to jail. 

6 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

The thaksin era was definitely the one that took the cake for corruption. On the airport X-Ray scandal the poor guy who was eventually stuck with the blame said "The person you are really looking for is far FAR higher up than me". Any guesses ? 

I guess your right I can hardly see the Junta giving the poor populous a 30 baht medical get out the hospital free card. Submarines are more important to them plus rooting out ex Thaksin whipping boys.