Americans oppose bathroom laws limiting transgender rights - poll

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Rigby40 said:

When laws are put into place not allowing them to use ANY bathrooms, come complain to us. In fact I will be there with you demanding that they be given their basic human rights back.

You don't get it. 

The bigot laws are about forcing all transgender people, regardless of their level of passing, to use the gender toilet of their birth.

Think this through and maybe you'll begin to get how disruptive and oppressive that is to transgender people to the point where they do indeed feel that the bigots and their bigot laws are telling them not to even exist in public society. 

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I have no idea what you're trying to say with that post but it was certainly inflammatory. 

In other words, most people understand what true kkk or Nazism is, at least in a very basic sense and that the only people who freak out at the alt-right movement are people who don't know what the real KKK or Nazis stood for.

The alt-right isn't all about creating a 'white country for white people' movement. From what I understand Richard Spencer muddied the waters there a bit and I would agree that is not the correct way to go about dealing with our issues. The alt-right is comprised of liberals, conservatives, libertarians with a variety of beliefs from what I understand. I'm not really all that interested in it tbh

Your description of the alt-right movement is completely fake.  It is indeed a white nationalist movement with links to the KKK and Nazis.

Liberals in the alt-right? No way. If you're saying trump enjoys support beyond the alt-right, KKK, and Nazis, that is correct. 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You don't get it. 

The bigot laws are about forcing all transgender people, regardless of their level of passing, to use the gender toilet of their birth.

Think this through and maybe you'll begin to get how disruptive and oppressive that is to transgender people to the point where they do indeed feel that the bigots and their bigot laws are telling them not to even exist in public society. 

To paraphrase one transgendered lady " We've been using the bathroom with you for hundreds of years!" 

Theyve been fine this far, they haven't disappeared off the face of the earth from having to use one bathroom or the other.

Wake me up when they start throwing them off cliffs and killing them the way they do in Pakistan and other Islamic countries :sleep:

Just now, Rigby40 said:

To paraphrase one transgendered lady " We've been using the bathroom with you for hundreds of years!" 

Theyve been fine this far, they haven't disappeared off the face of the earth from having to use one bathroom or the other.

Wake me up when they start throwing them off cliffs and killing them the way they do in Pakistan and other Islamic countries :sleep:

That's the typical alt-right / trumpist answer to anything about the LGBTQ civil rights movement. We don't throw you off buildings so be grateful. Reminds me of white bigots arguing that slaves were happy, got free room and board.

I don't know who you think you're fooling with such odious far right wing rhetoric. Not getting thrown off buildings is definitely a big plus, but it's not the same thing as having full civil rights. 

1 hour ago, Rigby40 said:

Hmm, something tells me you have no idea why Trump won.

Trump is a reflection of most, not all, of the values that his constituency holds. You're essentially calling half of the voting population mental patients. 

Don't act like the tiny minority of transgender/trendgenders even compares to the amount of people who voted for and support Donald J Trump.

Seeing that the transgendered are in fact at some level mentally ill(we should help them not give in to their delusions), this is quite literally a case of the mental patients running the asylum!!

I think I'll side step this and leave it to the moderators' opinion

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's the typical alt-right / trumpist answer to anything about the LGBTQ civil rights movement. We don't throw you off buildings so be grateful. Reminds me of white bigots arguing that slaves were happy, got free room and board.

I don't know who you think you're fooling with such odious far right wing rhetoric. Not getting thrown off buildings is definitely a big plus, but it's not the same thing as having full civil rights. 

Like I said, when they start taking away basic human rights then come complain and we'll be right there with you.

41 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I think I'll side step this and leave it to the moderators' opinion

I'm sorry I must have said something completely foreign to your ears. Almost as if i had an alternate opinion, one that's not allowed in Hollywood, msm or universities. 

Just now, Rigby40 said:

Like I said, when they start taking away basic human rights then come complain and we'll be right there with you.

So I take it that means you're for national legislation restricting discrimination against LGBTQ people in such basic things as employment and housing. That's really heart warming to know!

1 hour ago, Rigby40 said:

I'm sorry I must have said something completely foreign to your ears. Almost as if i had an alternate opinion, one that's not allowed in Hollywood, msm or universities. 

On this forum, insinuating that "transgender people are mentally ill", is a hanging offence. I do not wish to go there 

Why there has to be a LAW about bathroom use? For those who support
this law, they should also accept a law has to be written with very clear rules and definitions. I guess you all know this is impossible and it becomes even more absurd trying to control and enforce this law. Not all things in society can be molded into laws and if somebody would attempt to enforce this law he probably would be branded as bigot.

I guess that I have been in Thailand too long. Many places here still  have unisex restrooms. Maybe because  separate restrooms are too expensive? I've never heard anyone complain about it. Many ladies changing rooms have urinals. So what? Obviously they don't have to have a law saying it is OK. Another tempest in a teapot. Only the bleeding heart far left liberals worry about things like this.

Just now, Gary A said:

I guess that I have been in Thailand too long. Many places here still  have unisex restrooms. Maybe because  separate restrooms are too expensive? I've never heard anyone complain about it. Many ladies changing rooms have urinals. So what? Obviously they don't have to have a law saying it is OK. Another tempest in a teapot. Only the bleeding heart far left liberals worry about things like this.

"Far left liberals" aren't pushing for a law that say it's okay. They're pushing against laws that say it isn't. Laws passed by right wingers who don't merely worry about this, but are clearly obsessed by it. So much so, that they're willing to sacrifice state revenue if necessary.

7 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

"Far left liberals" aren't pushing for a law that say it's okay. They're pushing against laws that say it isn't. Laws passed by right wingers who don't merely worry about this, but are clearly obsessed by it. So much so, that they're willing to sacrifice state revenue if necessary.

There are already too many stupid laws on the books. Why is a law needed either way? Years ago I have taken my very young daughter in the men's room when her mother wasn't around. I never heard anyone object. I've seen women take little boys in the ladies room also. Only morons would object to that.

Just now, Gary A said:

There are already too many stupid laws on the books. Why is a law needed either way? Years ago I have taken my very young daughter in the men's room when her mother wasn't around. I never heard anyone object. I've seen women take little boys in the ladies room also. Only morons would object to that.

So we agree?

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

So we agree?

I agree that many laws are unnecessary and that laws either way in this situation are ridiculous. Don't the useless politicians have anything better to do?

12 minutes ago, Gary A said:

I agree that many laws are unnecessary and that laws either way in this situation are ridiculous. Don't the useless politicians have anything better to do?

But the thing is, you were blaming "leftist liberals" for this when it's actually right wingers who are responsible for these new laws in the USA.

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

On this forum, insinuating that "transgender people are mentally ill", is a hanging offence. I do not wish to go there 

So what you're essentially saying is that any truths that hurt peoples feelings aren't allowed here? Why am I not surprised? 

These people need legitimate help with their disorders. But in an increasingly decadent society that sweeps health issues related to obesity under the rug and promotes 'body positivity' rather than good eating habits/health, I can see why you would react in such a way.

27 minutes ago, Rigby40 said:

So what you're essentially saying is that any truths that hurt peoples feelings aren't allowed here? Why am I not surprised? 

These people need legitimate help with their disorders. But in an increasingly decadent society that sweeps health issues related to obesity under the rug and promotes 'body positivity' rather than good eating habits/health, I can see why you would react in such a way.

Decadent? Oh, pleeze, dude.

You're both wildly off topic AND off base at the same time.

The AMA has (correctly) classified obesity as a disease.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Decadent? Oh, pleeze, dude.

You're both wildly off topic AND off base at the same time.

The AMA has (correctly) classified obesity as a disease.

Diabetics be proud of your amputations! Don't try to prevent disease, that's an archaic way of thinking popularized by an oppressive patriarchal hetero normative society lmao

Let's do everything we can to prevent peoples feelings from being hurt, forget about actually helping them get better. Pfft.

Edited by Rigby40

2 minutes ago, Rigby40 said:

Diabetics be proud of your amputations! Don't try to prevent disease, that's an archaic way of thinking popularized by an oppressive patriarchy hetero normative society lmao

Who said don't try to prevent disease?

With obesity, the most effective time for prevention by far is during childhood.

Dude, if you want to discuss obesity please start a topic on the I'm Too Fat Forum.

Most people that post there don't accept the AMA classification as a disease so be prepared for some heat. I know you can handle it. 

Edited by Jingthing

51 minutes ago, Rigby40 said:

Diabetics be proud of your amputations! Don't try to prevent disease, that's an archaic way of thinking popularized by an oppressive patriarchal hetero normative society lmao

Let's do everything we can to prevent peoples feelings from being hurt, forget about actually helping them get better. Pfft.

Scorning the 'push back' against the hetero-normative patriarchy while telling transgender people what to do, what they need and where to pee.

Very droll.

Well at least we now see your definition of push back. Trite manufactured talking points divorced from the experiences and needs of actual LGBT people and the stinging equivalent of being struck by wet lettuce.

If words do not define you, what does? Your attempts at trying to claim nuance among the Right is craven and completely reinforces my point about words. You may think that you can cherry pick, like the best Champagne-fed enfant terrible but concepts such as reactionary and chauvinism are not open to nuance.

You mansplain Thailand to me as a long term documented permanent resident. You mansplain transgender to me as a member of the LGBT community and now you mansplain diabetes to me as a sufferer due to hereditary causes. Just how much shame do you wish to engender in people who are not you and do not wish to be you?

Edited by Tawan Dok Krating Daeng

5 hours ago, Rigby40 said:

Not my rules. 

16 hours ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Celebrate violence against transgender people.

Celebrate ignorance.

Old white straight men scared of LGBT people. Lost your balls?

This is what people are afraid of.  How is a parent especially suppose to know who is really transgender and who is just using the law to gain access to a bathroom or another sex.

Friday, May 13, 2016
CHICAGO (WLS) --
A man is accused of choking an 8-year-old girl until she passed out in the bathroom of a restaurant in Chicago's South Loop.

The girl was with her mother at the Jason's Deli in the 1200-block of South Canal Street on Saturday, police said. The girl and her mother were inside the restroom separated by stalls around 1:15 p.m.

Police say 33-year-old Reese Hartstirn walked in and targeted the girl, choking her and trying to lock her in a stall. The mother heard her daughter scream and grabbed her.

Police said other people in the deli helped hold the man until officers arrived.

True, this does not say that the man was transgender, but this is what people in the States read all too often.

This is what people are afraid of.  How is a parent especially suppose to know who is really transgender and who is just using the law to gain access to a bathroom or another sex.

Friday, May 13, 2016 CHICAGO (WLS) -- A man is accused of choking an 8-year-old girl until she passed out in the bathroom of a restaurant in Chicago's South Loop.

The girl was with her mother at the Jason's Deli in the 1200-block of South Canal Street on Saturday, police said. The girl and her mother were inside the restroom separated by stalls around 1:15 p.m.

Police say 33-year-old Reese Hartstirn walked in and targeted the girl, choking her and trying to lock her in a stall. The mother heard her daughter scream and grabbed her.

Police said other people in the deli helped hold the man until officers arrived.  
True, this does not say that the man was transgender, but this is what people in the States read all too often.

It doesn't say he was transgender and doesn't say (right wing nightmare) he was masquerading as the bearded lady! He was "just" a "normal" pervert/ criminal!
Nothing about this case has anything to do with the discussed subject!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

12 minutes ago, DM07 said:

It doesn't say he was transgender and doesn't say (right wing nightmare) he was masquerading as the bearded lady! He was "just" a "normal" pervert/ criminal!
Nothing about this case has anything to do with the discussed subject!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

So I take it that in your opinion, a women does NOT have the right to use a bathroom without the presence of a male. So, no expectation of privacy? Just to be clear, am I reading you right?

2 hours ago, kowpot said:

So I take it that in your opinion, a women does NOT have the right to use a bathroom without the presence of a male. So, no expectation of privacy? Just to be clear, am I reading you right?

I have no clue, where you got that idea from!

A transgender-woman (born male, now woman) is no male- period (no pun intended)!

The case mentioned here is about a male sex- offender and therefore has nothing to do with the subject, being discussed here!

He was NOT transgender and he was NOT dressing up as a woman, to gain "access" to the restroom- which seems to be the common idea of right wing knuckledraggers, about how this works!

You would have made a point IF the offender would have done/ been either of the above...but he wasn't!

So what the #$@^ is the point?

10 minutes ago, stander said:

"Transgender" people are mentally unstable and unfortunately, our PC culture encourages these people so that they continue along this misguided path instead of seeking psychiatric help.

And stating this for the 100th time, doesn't make it right and make you seem, like you might be a candidate for said help!